This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nccjones
    I agree, he's much more tolerable this year, but just that...tolerable. I could do without him on the team and it's JMO. I enjoy the character Vala and wish they had just brought her onboard so it would be Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Vala. Right now 5 is too much. Again...JMO.
    Vala I could live with, and with good writing the character has a lot of potential. A four person team of Sam, Teal'c, Daniel and Vala could definitely be interesting.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by spaz
      In Michael Shanks' defense... ahem, yeah... In Michael Shanks' defense, I don't think he's ever said that he likes Daniel/Vala. IIRC he said that he likes seeing a deepening friendship between them, but I honestly don't remember him solely pimping the ship angle.
      personally i don't see the hypocrisy just in pimping the ship. to my interpretation, MS wasn't happy with the focus shifting to the two characters (Sam and Jack) period and thought that kind of shift wasn't good for the show. however, if someone would like to argue that the show then was more focused on Sam/Jack than the show now is focused on Daniel/Vala...
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

let's just say we never, NEVER had a shot of sam and jack skipping across the event horizon
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          let's just say we never, NEVER had a shot of sam and jack skipping across the event horizon
          Thank God. See dont you maintain more respect for them because of the lack of this. Whereas it dimishes my respect for Daniel and pigtail girl.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

yes. that's one reason i can very much live without onscreen resoultion to sam and jack

with these writers it'll be bad. horribly cliche and painfully bad (unless, if they do it - given the sheer disrespect and condescending attitude directed towards those that like sam and jack- the only way they can do it 'right' is if, if, if, rda comes back coop & co don't write any resoution. let rick and amanda write their own scene. they have style and class.)

the BAB are lacking in that. thier forte is cheap, tawdry and bawdy...which is everything sam and jack is not

let coop malign his own creations and leave the 'classic' characters alone

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbuck
              I don't know about Cam, but in my personal opionion I believe Vala brought SG1 back to life...
              Half-life, maybe...kinda like Voldemort in Philosopher's Stone

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                What do you pinpoint as the time of death? Looking at the ratings, the show was very much alive in Season Eight. Was it Season Nine?
                It is hard to pinpoint an actual season and or episode. The show was awesome in the beggining, I guess because something like it hadn't been done before...then the seasons went on and I guess it kind of got monotonous. They go through a gate, do a mission, then get back. Not much REALLY happening between each of the characters. Season 7 when daniel came back was a great contribution to pulling the show out of the slums, and then even Season 8 picked up a little (vala's introduction in this season showed a new side of Daniel that intrigued me). I read in a post earlier that the show started to focus a lot more on the jack/sam ship, (no complaints here) but we all knew we weren't going to get much out of it.
                It's nice to see a different spin on things, and that spin was Vala and her impact to not only the way we now see daniel, but to the other characters aswell.
                So like I said, its hard to pinpoint an exact moment in sg1 history when it 'died', but you can certainly see how it was brought back to 'life'.

Stars with gates are cool...
                "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

'brought back to life' is a relative term.

to me, the changes haven't been all that pleasing and welcome, thus the changes don't = life to me.

s6 was the last time i sat down and eagerly awaited an episode each friday night. There were elements of 7 and 8 that i liked, but they have been getting less and less with each year

so while some feel that these changes have brought life into the show, there are others - like me - that believe these changes, amongst other things, have really killed it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    'brought back to life' is a relative term.

to me, the changes haven't been all that pleasing and welcome, thus the changes don't = life to me.

s6 was the last time i sat down and eagerly awaited an episode each friday night. There were elements of 7 and 8 that i liked, but they have been getting less and less with each year

so while some feel that these changes have brought life into the show, there are others - like me - that believe these changes, amongst other things, have really killed it.
                    That's fair enough. Each to their own opinion ay

Stars with gates are cool...
                    "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                      It is pretty amusing that he is now a fan of ship.

Suse
                      Why do you say he's now a fan of ship? He's said that he doesn't want his character and valla shipped together. That was about a year ago. Has he said otherwise since?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Why do you say he's now a fan of ship? He's said that he doesn't want his character and valla shipped together. That was about a year ago. Has he said otherwise since?
                        Sorry. Ship is too strong a word. Perhaps joined at the hip is a better term. IHe said something about a Tracy/Hepburn feel to it. In his dreams. IMO. YMMV I don't recall seeing any Tracy/Hepburn not being ship. <shrug>

So he's a fan of ship/not a fan of ship/something else.

Suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Tracy/Hepburn feel doesn't necessarily have to mean wanting ship, even if they played characters that were shipped. I'm sure there's more that can be said about characters that the actors played together than just that they were shipped.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Yeah, there's a lot more to a male/female dynamic than just ship.

Oh, and do you know how disconcerting it is to look up and see my name? I'm going "Huh? What have I done THIS time?!"
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Oh, and do you know how disconcerting it is to look up and see my name? I'm going "Huh? What have I done THIS time?!"
                              Guilty conscience, huh?
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Starbuck
                                So like I said, its hard to pinpoint an exact moment in sg1 history when it 'died', but you can certainly see how it was brought back to 'life'.
                                Actually, I don't see the show being brought back to life. I see the show cancelled after it's ratings dropped 25-30% over a season and a half.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X