Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if they killed the show but I think the sherrif from Eureka would be sweet in SG1. he's damn good in that show and kind of reminds me of Jack with his humor.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      Nah, it's all Sci-Fi's fault.
      contre l'arret de la production de SG-1 SIGNER la petition sur le site si dessous

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html
      Mitchell: This village as died as a dresser of Texan crudenesses!

Comment

Originally posted by Enemyone
        I truly hate threads like these becasue what it boils down to is fans tha dont really know all the details trying to come up with why something happened. Cam and Vala were brought in the show becasue RDA wanted to leave which left a hole that needed to be filled. The decision was made not to change the title, and in my opinion this is what killed it. Cam and Vala could have been cast with millions of other actors and im willing to bet the outcome would have been the same your always going to have people that wont like the change But it HAD to happen becasue of casting holes. funny part is everyone seems to be picking on Ben and Claudia Im betting becasue of the Farscape connection but they arnt the only new cast members since RDA left. Dont let ignorance prevail.
        i disagree. yes, RDA left, and that left a hole. but i believe this hole could have been filled by bringing in MAJOR mitchell as the 2IC of a Carter-led SG-1 (like in season 8). they'd probably also have to bring in gen. landry to be base CO. IMO, they didn't NEED to bring in BB as Lt. Col. Mitchell, or CB as Vala. this is nothing against the actors, i'm just saying that it didn't NEED to happen this way. RDA leaving, AT missing the first 5 eps, nothing REQUIRED this to happen. i don't know what would have happened to the ratings, NO ONE does. personally, i think they would have been fine. gradually into the ori, keep earth politics, Ba'al, and Jaffa in the picture, IMO they could have gotten at least 12 seasons out of it. i'm not trying to prove to anyone that it would have worked, because i can't, but you(gen) can't prove to anyone that this was the best choice. i can, however, prove that it wasn't the ONLY choice (good or bad). note again, i am not blaming ANY of the actors (including but not limited to RDA, BB, CB, BeauB, ect).
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
          I think that the choice of new characters killed stargate. Perhaps it would have been best to just leave it at 3 team members - or maybe a wholly different character was required - another alien or something. But as it is I think the 2 new characters were overall rather lame altho there was some good Daniel/Vala chemistry. Anyone agree with me?

edit - i need a life - this is my 200th post
          No, for the 100th time the greedy network execs at Sci Fi killed Stargate, not Cam or Val.

Comment

I like both Cam and Vala, and I wish folks would stop blaming those characters. They were good enough to get a season 10 going!

It was SciFi's greed that killed this show, not the characters.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              I like both Cam and Vala, and I wish folks would stop blaming those characters. They were good enough to get a season 10 going!

Precisely.
              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I personally don't think its Cam or Vala's fault that the show is being cancelled. And I personally don't see why people are blaming them for it. Its the Scifi exe fault, they wanted to save money. I heard a rumor that Universal was pressuring scifi to get rid of their older shows to make room for newer shows. If that is true, then it was kinda like what The WB did to Angel. According to what I have heard about that issue, the reason Angel was cancelled was because the exes at that time wanted to get rid their older shows to make room for newer and crappier shows. So I don't its cam and Vala's fault, its the exes who wants more newer and crappier shows, maybe even more wrestling!(What was scifi's explanation for having wrestling on a scifi channel again?)
                Jaffa Kree!

Comment

So if Sci-fi cancelled the show because of escalating costs - doesn't that mean the pay checks associated with paying the original cast killed the show - and if so were they approached to potentially not take a pay rise for the new season (or even take a pay cut) instead of losing their jobs? (and taking the show with it) - or is the whole thing really just an excuse to close out an old show in favor of some new (probably cruddy) show.

Comment

what time is it in USA ??????????????
                    Mitchell: This village as died as a dresser of Texan crudenesses!

Comment

I think that the real reason that Stargate is dying is
                      the fact that RDA left.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure

I agree with you 100%. Sci-Fi totally planned on swinging the axe after reaching their milestone 200th ep. This was planned. No one will convince me otherwise.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRLeggett
                          So if Sci-fi cancelled the show because of escalating costs - doesn't that mean the pay checks associated with paying the original cast killed the show - and if so were they approached to potentially not take a pay rise for the new season (or even take a pay cut) instead of losing their jobs? (and taking the show with it) - or is the whole thing really just an excuse to close out an old show in favor of some new (probably cruddy) show.
                          I have seen Skiffy complaints about how many raises people have had over 10 years. But big corporations are always tossing out the older employees with the high salaries to bring in young 'uns who will take whatever peanuts are offered them. Its business.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                            I think that the real reason that Stargate is dying is
                            the fact that RDA left.
                            I don't agree. SG-1 was just fine with and without him. Sci-Fi killed it because costs were simply way too high after ten seasons, plain and simple. If it was because of RDA leaving, the show would have started tanking in Season 8. He was barely around then.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I don't agree. SG-1 was just fine with and without him. Sci-Fi killed it because costs were simply way too high after ten seasons, plain and simple. If it was because of RDA leaving, the show would have started tanking in Season 8. He was barely around then.
                              Good point! I guess the high costs can be a sign of aging in
                              a TV show.

I think it depends on the audience. If they wanted RDA back,
                              they would have said so.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                                Good point! I guess the high costs can be a sign of aging in
                                a TV show.

I think it depends on the audience. If they wanted RDA back,
                                they would have said so.
                                Doesn't really matter if people wanted him back or not. It was his choice to bow out. TPTB had to react to that. They did what they felt they needed to, and IMO, they did a fine job of it in Seasons 9 and 10 (what we've seen so far).
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X