This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scarimor

(ok ok, I know Vala has nice boobs and Cam has a nice butt... I'm being selective )
    Ok, i could find 100 actress fitting better the role, had CB been taken for her boobs. It's all about her voice.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb
      There was partial nudity in the first season of SG1...
      In the first episode there was full on nudity That's the only DVD in my collection which warrants a 18 certificate.

Not a titillating scene though - it's a pretty unpleasant one really - the Goa'uld choosing a host one. The nudity brings home the "piece of meat" vulnerability of the human captives. bleh.
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        because, as far as skiffy is concerned, 'great' tv is

boobs, butts and bombs

thus the actors assets must be accentuated while everything possible must blow up. not to mention the ships. cause, you know, let's ignore the fact that the stargate used to be the best prop on tv and tht htey managed for years to have a scifi show without being dependant on ships, we must have more and more space ships, just like - if this was a drama - we'd have to have race cars.

all to appeal to the male demo and their fascination with all things fast
        Well, the gate became too easy to block. "Why don't they just have an iris?"
        It's pretty logical Earth would get spaceships eventaully. But it seems "the first time is always the hardest", and these ships are popping out like rabbit babies now.

Comment

In the first episode there was full on nudity That's the only DVD in my collection which warrants a 18 certificate.

Not a titillating scene though - it's a pretty unpleasant one really - the Goa'uld choosing a host one. The nudity brings home the "piece of meat" vulnerability of the human captives. bleh.
          Oh yeah, i didn't understand it, i thought it was just to show some boobs to boost up ratings. Silly me.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb
            Ok, i could find 100 actress fitting better the role, had CB been taken for her boobs. It's all about her voice.
            :sing-song: I don't belieeeeeeve yoooooou...

Being more serious for a moment - - my second favourite (or, more accurately, my second least un-favourite) episode of season 9 is Crusade because of the excellent job that CB did in it. Crusade is not the normal fare for action sci-fi viewers, in that it's heavy on the verbal exposition. But CB carried that very well.

The only season 9 ep which beats it, imo, is Ethon. And those are the only two eps out of the season that I'd bother watching again.

*sigh* season 10 has been so much better... cancellation is so ironic.
            scarimor

Comment

:sing-song: I don't belieeeeeeve yoooooou...

Being more serious for a moment - - my second favourite (or, more accurately, my second least un-favourite) episode of season 9 is Crusade because of the excellent job that CB did in it. Crusade is not the normal fare for action sci-fi viewers, in that it's heavy on the verbal exposition. But CB carried that very well.

The only season 9 ep which beats it, imo, is Ethon. And those are the only two eps out of the season that I'd bother watching again.
              Get season 9 DVDs and listen to episode commentaries. And then re-watch them again in normal way. It helps A LOT.
              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by jeb

Alas, i do agree, no criticism on the issue could have been made had it been renamed, but you can only blame Sci Fi for this. It's tough to replace the lead after one season like in B5, it's very much bold when it's after almost a decade, especially when the punch lines are marginaly similar, it's enough fuel for a good fire.
                but it's like they tried to replace ALL the leads. in come vala and mitchell as THE leads, with daniel co-starring and sam and teal'c propping the sides up.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  in come vala and mitchell as THE leads, with daniel co-starring and sam and teal'c propping the sides up.
                  Indeed, Jonas worked because it was still about the SG-1 we love. We missed Daniel, but Jonas was an okay guy for a little while, because he didn't try and steal the limelight. I thought Jack leaving was the perfect excuse to power up Carter's role.

Comment

and it would have been. if cam had been allowed to join the team and cast instead of being crammed into the HEWO and leadership role...then they tried to make him goofy, irreverant and a screw off and didn't realize that Leader and goofy screw up are mutually exclusive

cameron was written so unevenly in s9 that there was a bet going on whether or not he was a clone or a goauld
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

w00t!!!!

my thread made it past the 10000 mark. Remind me to engender more controversial threads......well, not so much controversial as a huge condemnation of the writers mostly with some condemnation of the actual characters salted in..............but still ........I'm so proud of my baby *sniffle*

Comment

and it would have been. if cam had been allowed to join the team and cast instead of being crammed into the HEWO and leadership role...then they tried to make him goofy, irreverant and a screw off and didn't realize that Leader and goofy screw up are mutually exclusive

cameron was written so unevenly in s9 that there was a bet going on whether or not he was a clone or a goauld
                        i seem to remember reading that mitchell was a work-in-progress. meaning, the writers decided to try different things with him, seeing which one worked the best. i think i remember bb saying something like this? (might be remembering totally wrong)

now, who the heck writes like this?! how can any actor do a good job if the writer says, 'here's the basics, but we'll make up the rest along the way'.

i know that's not how it really went down, but it feels like this was done with both mitchell and vala, and i 'think' i remember both actors having a say in certain things about their characters. that's not *their* job to have to handle things like this. let them act, and let the *writers* write the fillings of the characters.

(like i said, i might be remembering things wrong)

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tekin_Kashami
                          Indeed, Jonas worked because it was still about the SG-1 we love. We missed Daniel, but Jonas was an okay guy for a little while, because he didn't try and steal the limelight. I thought Jack leaving was the perfect excuse to power up Carter's role.
                          I think trying to compare Cam/Vala to jonas is like apples and orranges. I happen to like Jonas and think that Cam?Vala are good aditions to the show and don't believe they had anything to do with the shows cancellation.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

there are some things you can make up along the way. like in atlantis last year tweaking mckay from having a brother to a sister.

but i would think that the biggies, you know those huge elements of characterization and a basic back story would be sketched out.

if htey wanted cam to be fun, cool. let him be fun. but acknowledge the constraints placed upon the character. Landry is an Air Force General. Thus it woudl be inappropriate if he dressed in civvies and acted with the informality that Weir was allowed.

It would be funny if Walter wore tie dye shirts to work...but since he's an af personnel, he's kinda got to wear a uniform and can't say 'chevron 7 locked dude'

Cameron is a lt colonel in the us air force. Thus he's expected to conform to the standards of behavior of that rank. all too often in s9 he didn't do that. He acted like Early Daniel but on a sugar high. Larking about, exploring and enjoying himself. cool if y ou're a civilian, not cool if you're a lt colonel and leader of earth's front line team

Again, the character itself didn't kill the show. but how the character was written did have an effect upon peoples' reactions and whether or not they'd keep watching.

sigpic

Comment

Cameron is a lt colonel in the us air force. Thus he's expected to conform to the standards of behavior of that rank. all too often in s9 he didn't do that. He acted like Early Daniel but on a sugar high. Larking about, exploring and enjoying himself. cool if y ou're a civilian, not cool if you're a lt colonel and leader of earth's front line team

Again, the character itself didn't kill the show. but how the character was written did have an effect upon peoples' reactions and whether or not they'd keep watching.
                              See Idon't think they were badly written at all. I mean Jack has done alot oif the same things that Cam has done and it didn't bother us. I believe Cam is professinal and easy going at the same time. I don't see a problem in the writing of the characters, just in how some people see the characters.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

different people and probably different life experiences.

after 8 wonderful years of realism and respect towards the Air Force, it's very hard to see an officer portrayed like someone whose 'daddy' got him the job.

s9 cameron smacks of 'incompetant friend of a friend who gets a dream job cause his friend gets it for him'

s10 cam has been better. I do like s10 cam. but there were times in s9 when lt colonel cambo should have been shot for being such a doofus.

and after 20 episodes of Cambo, every time i see cameron now i keep expecting him to descend into goofballitis instead of being the competant officer he's supposed to be

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X