This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by suse
    Wonders if Paradox Realities still has the MoH candy machine emoticon...
    Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
    wazn't me. ...i think. right?:tealcanime49

Frack. Who does those great emoticons? RealmofX? Mighta been Deevil. One of the crew from WSL who happened to agree w/several of us about.... stuff This is so frustrating!

Now I'm gonna have to go look.

ETA:Thanks to Realm of X!

suse
    Last edited by suse; 17 March 2007, 07:57 PM.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      Frack. Who does those great emoticons? RealmofX? Mighta been Deevil. One of the crew from WSL who happened to agree w/several of us about.... stuff This is so frustrating!

Now I'm gonna have to go look.

suse
      Nah that was Scari's icon magic if I recall
      -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        i too have always had issues with the Ori.

I'm sure it ws meant as some statement on current events but...it's a lose/lose situation.

Ori are fantatics. You can't 'win' against a fanatic unless you kill them. And if you kill the ringleaders for lack of a better word, all you have left are ticked off followers.

and, to make matters worse, beyond destroying all non-beleivers....have we EVER gotten proof that they're evil? And i don't mean daniel said so. I mean PROOF that they're not ascending folks?

To the best of my knowledge all we've got against them is their intolance and murders of non-believers. and yeah, that's not nice, but we've never gotten more than one side of the story.

The ancients told daniel that they're bad, thus they must be bad. (and remember the Ancients are these nice folks that like to experiment on sentient beings and hold them captive so that they can study them... real upstanding members of society)

The Ori are nothing more than faceless poweful beings.

At least with the goa'uld we had proof. we could free people from slavery, we could witness what they're doing and there was no metaphysical mumbojumbo going on.

the Ori were flawed from their inception...a cool idea that was never fully thought out and explored
        Thats almost exactly my problem with them. There was no way to fight *them*. It was so infuriating. We were stuck with space ship battles and no real face to fight. I think the Ori was indeed a bad idea. I still watched the show because I love the premise and the wonderful humour - but it was annoying to watch them always making *strategic retreats* - figuratively speaking.

Originally posted by suse View Post
        Yeah. Flushed are the Ori.

I haven't seen *anyone* here say they were looking for Mitchell to replace Jack. In fact most Cam/Vala detractors say fresh blood is a good thing. I was looking forward to Browder coming. Just not the way his character was introduced. It's insulting.

I gave Mitchell a go. Every week there was a new ep I tried to find something I liked about him. All it took was one "I am Hewo, here me order those who have years of experience doing this roar" comment to quash *weeks* of likability build-up. Up til the night 200 aired. It ended there.

suse
        I wasnt saying that anyone was expecting a replacement.. More it kind of irks me the way people cling to one character like they are bigger than the show. Ok, so if they make it worth watching for you, then wait for their next big thing. But I still think Cam was cool and I LOVED how they introduced Vala.

I still have to watch the end of season 10 (sadly I went and read a blog and found out how it ends.. DOH!) but it will be sad to see it un-end.
        : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
        : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          All I remember is O'Neill standing at the window telling him he could have what ever he wanted. (I wonder if that meant Carter too?)
          Carter always falls for the "dead" man . Cam would not have qualified; he survived.

Everything about CAM revolves around the dogfight scene where ,whilst hit, he does a top gun thingie (recall Maverick's dad saved a couple planes before he crashed). This is why he was considered a hero and they had to stick him in the film some how. Even Walter says some things about him when CAM touches the gate for the first time.

Since when does Jack have the authority to make that kind of offer?
          This is MacGyver we are talking about . Jack decided several times for Hammond, the president, and the US. As previously stated, he stuck it to the man . He even stuck it to the Asgard council when he spoke about Freyr's Mother
          Last edited by Integrabyte; 17 March 2007, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            Carter always falls for the "dead" man . Cam would not have qualified; he survived.

Everything about CAM revolves around the dogfight scene where ,whilst hit, he does a top gun thingie (recall Maverick's dad saved a couple planes before he crashed). This is why he was considered a hero and they had to stick him in the film some how. Even Walter says some things about him when CAM touches the gate for the first time.

This is MacGyver we are talking about . Jack decided several times for Hammond, the president, and the US. As previously stated, he stuck it to the man .
            "Touches the gate for the first time" which explains why he had no point or right to be on SG-1 let alone lead SG-1. He should have started as a n00b on another SG team and another experienced SG team member who EARNED the right via gate travel should have been added to SG-1....unless of course cam had some type of special sceintific\diplomatic skill like Jonas...but no, he didnt.

No, we are not talking about MacGyver. MacGyver has nothing to do with stargate other then Carter saying the name as a joke. MacGyver is just another hack TV show in the Stargate Universe the way it is in the real world. Of course I am talking about the real stargate Universe...in this new Bizarro universe everyone is a cartoon so I guess he could be real in that universe.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

The MacGyver part was a joke....

Mitchell's appearance was way faultier than Vala's. Not the first and the last flaw in the script...One thing is for sure, they did not end SG1. Flawed or not, CAM did a good job.

Comment

Yes, that particular line would have been funny if it hadn't been so ridiculous.

The writers didn't do Mitchell any favours by going for the hard sell, or by putting him in command in the first place. Leaving aside the obvious absurdity of putting an inexperienced newcomer in command of people who know a heck of a lot more about what they're doing than he does, a lot more is expected of Mitchell as leader than would be expected of him if he had been brought on as a member of the team.

I don't think that there would be anywhere near the present level of dislike for the character if he had been introduced as a major and as second in command; it would have meant that the character could have grown into a leadership position - perhaps a spin-off a few years down the line could have shown Mitchell leading a new team.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Everything about CAM revolves around the dogfight scene where ,whilst hit, he does a top gun thingie (recall Maverick's dad saved a couple planes before he crashed).
                  how does that qualify him to join SG-1? much less lead it?
                  This is why he was considered a hero and they had to stick him in the film some how.
                  or they could have just kept that in the realm of nonexistence (like they did for all of season 8) and--if necessary--introduced mitchell as a qualified officer.
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

It doesn't.

or they could have just kept that in the realm of nonexistence (like they did for all of season 8) and--if necessary--introduced mitchell as a qualified officer.
                    See, that would have made sense.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Do we know anyone who was qualified?

Comment

Actually, after several years in the SGC, I think it would have been interesting to have Hailey, Satterfield or Grogan join SG1 as the new recruit. They are characters we already knew, that we met as they started their careers.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Do we know anyone who was qualified?
                          how about the current leader? or if not, many of the other team COs. or even 2ICs. even excluding the non-recon/combat teams, that's quite a few people. or if you're talking about a non-CO fourth, how about anyone from any SG team. or even one of the new recruits. EDIT: specifically, what TJ said
                          Last edited by ParadoxRealities; 17 March 2007, 11:50 AM.
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Let us not fool ourselves. If we are criticising something let us do it properly. Nobody was qualified to lead SG 1,except SAM,Daniel or Teal'c. No new comer had the required field experience. Not even guys from SG2. SG1 did everything different. How can you introduce CAM as an experienced officer? This reminds me of the first Atlantis episode,the way Sheppard was recruited. That was even worse than CAM. Guy had no idea what was going on yet he was allowed to go on this huge reconaissance mission. To be frank the whole Atlantis crew can be compared to a bunch of amateurs when they started. Silly thing from TPTB. Coming back to CAM,it is obvious they needed a change and ,as always, rushed it ....

Comment

Let us not fool ourselves. If we are criticising something let us do it properly. Nobody was qualified to lead SG 1,except SAM,Daniel or Teal'c. No new comer had the required field experience. Not even guys from SG2. SG1 did everything different. How can you introduce CAM as an experienced officer? This reminds me of the first Atlantis episode,the way Sheppard was recruited. That was even worse than CAM. Guy had no idea what was going on yet he was allowed to go on this huge reconaissance mission. To be frank the whole Atlantis crew can be compared to a bunch of amateurs when they started. Silly thing from TPTB. Coming back to CAM,it is obvious they needed a change and ,as always, rushed it ....
                              Remember the Atlantis expedition is a different ball-game. You may not get the brightest and best, because some of those people may not have wanted to give up everything on what might be a one-way trip/suicide mission.
                              Shep was recruited because of his ability with Ancient tech. He was taken on the mission because of his ability wih ancient tech might be useful. The only reason he ended up leading was because there was no-one else who out-ranked him.
                              What special thing does Mitchell bring that they could throw out the rule book for? Are we seriously to believe there was no-one on Earth who could have been a better recruit than Mitchell?
                              Seriously?

Comment

Let us not fool ourselves. If we are criticising something let us do it properly. Nobody was qualified to lead SG 1,except SAM,Daniel or Teal'c.
                                by that rule, yes, sam hands down (and that's the way i like it). but it couldn't be sam (hypothetically), pulling in a full bird CO from another team would work.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X