• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what they want you to think!

Comment

Psssst, wanna know the truth???

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

It's a few TV shows, great ones, that the US Military supports and helps out with.

Aliens exist. Atleast their technology. Examples? US STEALTH TECHONOLOGY in Stealth Fighters. Russia, Germany, India, China, and other countries have tried and failed to duplicate it. Some may be quiet and some may be hard to detect, but all can others can be detected.

Stealth ships? Closest is Sweden's VISBY Class Corvettes (ships, not cars). Carbon-fiber bodies and no 90 degree angles. Pretty stealthy, somewhat outdated, but still detectable. Other ships may not be detectable by one or more means but in the end one piece of technology can track them. So no real ship is stealth because it lacks US STEALTH TECHNOLOGY.

My uncle was a CIA man. Many secrets. Wanna know what he told me? "The US Government and Military hides things for your protection."

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

End of story.

Back to topic: RANKS AND MISTAKES.

Just had a nice discussion on Gung-Ho's promotions and demotions for canon and non-canon items over on Devil's Due Publishing.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      Psssst wanna know a secret?

Its a tv show. There arent aliens or secret spaceships either.
      Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
      Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
      SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

Comment

I hope that stealth rant was a joke!

Comment

We developed a radar which can detect all stealth fighters including F-117...
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            That's what they want you to think!
            Lol

Comment

Not to go all Tpol on you but im sure theres a more reasonable explanation for technology thats a couple decades old other than LITTLE GREEN MEN. Heck id love it if our tech boom was the result of a crashed alien spaceship. But what does that get us? Wouldnt we have come up with most of the same stuff eventually anyways? Its not like any of it is outlandish or non intuitive.

Theres only soo many ways u can make a plane stealthy, it dosent take martians to devise and invent them. :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                About Jack, the writers were forced to do it to have a reason for him to leave the SGC. But why would he need to be promoted to do so? I really hated that he bumped Hammond out of the picture by doing so. Plus, O'Neill would NEVER have accepted an office job in Washington, as I recall, he had a tough time deciding to command the SGC (mainly because of the fear of ending up with someone like Gen. Bauer again).
                i think they also needed a reason to get DSD out of the picture. Jack, while he'd despise a DC political desk job, knows what needs to be done and, if presented a good reason, would go. he's knows how old, hurt, and experienced he is. he also knows the needs of the system, and he's not a person that would walk away from a necessity like that. as for the promotion, it makes sense, and it's possible, though not entirely necessary.
                Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                And if they were really big on being accurate, none of the actors would actually have any hairstyles.
                they wouldn't have hairstyles? it just needs to be conservative/professional above the collar (or just on it for women), under 1.25" (m) or 3" (f), and off the ears, conforming, and tapered for guys. everyone (usually) fits.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

The SGC offers a bit of a different circumstance than normal time allotments for military promotions. It's a relatively new program in need of the right people to fill the proper ranks with out any kind of delay. In a program as specialized s the SGC, it's more detramental to bring somone green into the prgram to run things when there is so much at stake. Also, I'd make the argument that the SGC is at war as well, even though the rest of the world is oblivious, which would speed up the promotions process as well.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Last I checked, it was a TV show. not real life. I dont watch it for the military accuracy.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775 View Post
                      Last I checked, it was a TV show. not real life. I dont watch it for the military accuracy.
                      that's your prerogative. go for it
                      sigpic
                      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

I could say the same thing about everything else everyone else discusses and rabidly debates and bashes and insults. Just because you don't like this discussion does not make it any less important to those of us who do than any other conversation on these forums that other people have. If we all followed the *it is only a tv show* then we wouldn't have anything about the eps and series to discuss.
                        I am particularly offended by the military mess ups because TPTB claim, falsely apparently, that they follow the military regs, rules, and protocols accurately. And most of the mess ups I get upset about are simple things that could be avoided if TPTB weren't too lazy or apathetic to do a 3 second search.

Comment

That's funny... because that's exactly why I kept watching it after I saw the pilot! I heard the Air Force was officially involved with it...

As for Carter's promotion... ideally I would have liked for TPTB wait another year or two before promoting her, but because they are promoting her to take over a command I can deal with it. Alot of people are promoted to take command of a certain units, heck some are promoted just because they were KIA.

Ace
                          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            ideally I would have liked for TPTB wait another year or two before promoting her
                            seven years?! what? did i miss count somewhere?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                              seven years?! what? did i miss count somewhere?
                              Seven? What are you talking about? LOL

Ace
                              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                Seven? What are you talking about? LOL

Ace
                                waiting two years would make it seven years between promotions. seven. years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X