Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brief Unending Trailer on Sky One (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the massive explosion a sun

23 hours 22 minutes

STARGATE ATLANTIS

Comment

Is it possible the Asgard ascend?

I'm thinking when TPTB said that everything would be undone, they were only refering to time dialation/pensioner SG-1 aspect of the story, and whatever goes down with the Asgard will still happen. Possibly.

Well, we will know this time tomorrow. I was going to try not to look at spoielrs and watch it when I get on Wednesday, but I know I won't be able to help my self

Any chance of a thread where people give their opions AKA it was good/it was bad, and no spoilers?

Comment

Well, I wouldn't put it past the little grey guys to be able to ascend. They might have found something about it in the Ancient Repository(ies) they've studied.
        You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          Is it possible the Asgard ascend?

There is nothing in the 10 years of shows that would give an impression that the Asgard have any interest in such things at all.

The Asgard are becoming automatons... they can't reproduce, have lost a great deal of creativity, and while they can clone themselves all they can download from generation to generation would be the consciousness in the higher parts of the brain, the abstract data relationships and some memories. For all practical purposes they are SCIENTIFICALLY ADVANCED beings ... the emphasis being on the "science" and the minimal aspects of "being".

I could see their scientists concluding that they are a doomed species and deduce that they have no future.

Comment

If the Asgard spoilers are true then it is such a shame that Jack is not in this finale. He would be highly against this

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
              There is nothing in the 10 years of shows that would give an impression that the Asgard have any interest in such things at all.

The Asgard are becoming automatons... they can't reproduce, have lost a great deal of creativity, and while they can clone themselves all they can download from generation to generation would be the consciousness in the higher parts of the brain, the abstract data relationships and some memories. For all practical purposes they are SCIENTIFICALLY ADVANCED beings ... the emphasis being on the "science" and the minimal aspects of "being".

I could see their scientists concluding that they are a doomed species and deduce that they have no future.
              The ancients also were science focused and managed to ascend, they studied ascension and found a way around the whole spiritual aspect, I'm sure the asgard could do the same.

Comment

Hey guys

I was having a few drinks in a student bar in Manchester (Northern England), this evening and they played the SG1 trailer!!! I kinda shouted OHHH LOOK!!! And all my mates were like errrr, okayyyy....

They found it difficult to understand that I was going back to London for the day to watch SG1 cos my parents up here don't have HD...Do you agree with them that I need help?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  The ancients also were science focused and managed to ascend, they studied ascension and found a way around the whole spiritual aspect, I'm sure the asgard could do the same.
                  Ahhh, but that is not the point. The Ancients and their Origin brothers had long desired such a goal, though they took different paths to get there. The Asgard have not been shown to be the slightest bit interested in such things.

Comment

maybe sg1 will be given data with their consciousness stored so one day they can be brought back to life, if a solution to problems is found
                    Last edited by gary83; 13 March 2007, 08:45 AM.
                    Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
                    Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
                    Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
                    Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
                    Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Omg Just 1 Day From The Grand Finale!!!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      A tribute to the Asgard, a great race, great allies and our best friends!
                      The Tau'ri will not forget about you.

Your legacy is safe with use.

Comment

When does it air for you guys? I thought it was today at 8?

Comment

3 Hours, 4 minutes to go.

Comment

Brief decription from Sky One's website...

Stargate SG-1
                            TUESDAY 13th MAR, 20:00
                            In the final ever episode of the sci-fi series the Asgard are forced to take dramatic measures as SG-1's battle with the Ori nears its conclusion
                            Saboo - "You know nothing of the crunch, you've never even been to the crunch!"

Naboo - "I've been there once"

Saboo - "Oh, took a little day trip around the crunch did we? We can all go as tourists, "Oh look, that's a bit of crunch...""

Comment

Originally posted by Death From Above View Post
                              Brief decription from Sky One's website...

Stargate SG-1
                              TUESDAY 13th MAR, 20:00
                              In the final ever episode of the sci-fi series the Asgard are forced to take dramatic measures as SG-1's battle with the Ori nears its conclusion
                              Maybe it's an Asgard time dialation system. We'll know in 2 hours, 53 minutes.

Comment

they take dramatic measures? Thats like saying they actually do something like oh I don't know, make a huge honking weapon to fight with.

Now if it were DRASTIC measures I would be worried about the little grey buggers

Comment

Working...
                                X