Ori ship Power Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanusAncient View Post
    It doesn't have to be Project Arcturus exactly, it could just be a better more efficient zpm, one that doesn't run out after a few month's of being used.
    Or perhaps something that is designed to run indefinetely.

Comment

It doesn't have to be Project Arcturus exactly, it could just be a better more efficient zpm, one that doesn't run out after a few month's of being used.
      Alteran ZPMs actually can last many centuries under proper use. McKay just ruined one, and things always happen. I think that the Ori ships probably have a device like the one in McKay & Mrs. Miller. They'd certainly have no problem screwing over an alternate universe.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

This is all wrong, ascended beings have access to infinite knowledge, and they don't have to be physical to beings to be able to research something like Arcturus. The Ori had millions of years to research something on the ascended plane. Merlin had the knowledge to kill ascended beings when he descended, he only needed to figure out how to apply it to the physical plane. And, wasn't it already stated somewhere by the writer's that the Ori were aware of the Pegasus galaxy already, before they met Daniel.
        I am 110% sure that the ascended dosnt have infinite knowledge, a few statements to back it up.

Originally posted by Abyss
        Scene: Jack's Cell

Jack: "So...you wanna be my Oma?"

Daniel: "You could put it that way, I mean, I wouldn't, but maybe that's just me."

Jack: "And then what?"

Daniel: "Then...then I don't know."

Jack: "You don't know."

Daniel: "No...no...ascension doesn't make you all-knowing. I mean, I really...don't know."
        Originally posted by Full Circle
        O’NEILL: Why don’t they try to stop her?

DANIEL: I don’t know.

O’NEILL: You don’t know?

DANIEL: No I don’t know. All I know is what Oma has taught me. Ascension doesn’t make you all knowing or all powerful. It is just the beginning of the journey. The point is, if I were to help you, if I were to take any action to help you, Oma would step in and stop me herself to avoid drawing the wrath of the Others. If they wanted to, they could stop everything she’s been trying to do for a long time.
        And an ending statement by Daniel on how ascention really works, it dosnt give knowledge per se, it gives a new perspective and a new kind of understanding, THAT is ascended knowledge.

Originally posted by Abyss
        Daniel: "Right now, I can't imagine doing or being anything other than what I am. I see things, I understand things, in a way I never could have before.
        I could find more quotes to prove my point if I wanted but I think you understand what I am saying here.

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
        Ascended knowledge appears to work in a way similiar to Rodney's mental evolution in Tao of Rodney, but on a greater level. As your brain evolves to the point where it can hold all the knowledge of the universe you begin to see things in a different light. You still don't gain any new knowledge without new experiences, (experiences include interacting/sharing with other ascended beings) but you can suddenly think complicated ideas through in a matter of seconds (minutes or hours for evolved Rodney). You still need creative people to think up an original idea, but once that idea comes to you following through with it will be a piece of cake since you suddenly have the ability to understand how the universe works at it's most basic principles.
        EXACTLY.

People STOP thinking the ascended knows everything it has been counterstated tons and tons of times on the show, I really dont know why you still think that.

Comment

I too feel it is similar to Arcturus but it's very possible they (ori) were able to concieve a version better than the one the Ancients were "trying" to concieve but ultimately failed at.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            I too feel it is similar to Arcturus but it's very possible they (ori) were able to concieve a version better than the one the Ancients were "trying" to concieve but ultimately failed at.
            Indeed it is possible but given the fact that an arcturus powered space ship would have unlimited power its unlikely that the writers would give them that IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by NATIK View Post
              Indeed it is possible but given the fact that an arcturus powered space ship would have unlimited power its unlikely that the writers would give them that IMHO.
              If it had unlimited power than how much shield power would it really have?

Comment

Unlimited power or no there would still be a limit to how fast that power can travel to its systems. Take a ZPM powered Earth ship for example. Is it's shield as power as Atlantis with one ZPM? No, because Atlantis is designed to channel massive amounts of power quickly throughout the city and because there's something to be said for the shield design itself (power over a poor design does not make a shield indestructable).

Comment

Even with Arcturus that Ancient satellite didn't have unlimited power, access to it yes, but it was unlimited. And, that's the difference having access to limitless power isn't the same as being limitlessly powerful. So, an Ori ship could have a Project Arcturus, but it isn't going to be indestructible, ostensibly probably.

Comment

Unlimited energy!!! People, don't confuse energy with power. Power is how much energy you use (or channel) per second. Power = rate of energy usage. Energy = how much juice your battery has. A power source produces energy at a rate called power. Power is to speed as energy is to distance. Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine...

Comment

Let me put to rest the idea that Ascended being get free knowledge:

Daniel- Ascended Daniel- found a tablet that talked about Atlantis in "Full Circle"; except he had no idea about what Atlantis was or where it could be found. He just didn't know anything but what the tablet said about a lost city.

Ascended are not omnipotent, I think they simply have "access" to knowledge but they still have to seek it.

Comment

didnt the tollan say they had unlimited energy???
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          didnt the tollan say they had unlimited energy???
                          No. They said that quantum physics was a "misconception", but I don't recall them saying they had infinite energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun_TDB View Post
                            No. They said that quantum physics was a "misconception", but I don't recall them saying they had infinite energy.
                            They did. Narim talked about giving it to a neighbouring planet which got destroyed within the day.

Comment

Yup. That is why they did not want to give us anything, as they have seen first hand what giving tech over the heads of others can do..

Comment

If you look at arctaurus (sp) and the Ori Core they look similar, but with only minor differences, it really wouldnt surprise me
                                Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

Working...
                                X