This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
    Care to explain the plot holes? Or has that just become the general buzz word it has around here for when people dont like the episode
    Ohh, just generally so many ways in which they could have avoided the situation developing into what it did. It's like the writers had this cool idea of "let's have the team put into a situation where they have to take hostages to survive" and then wrote backwards from there to find a way to get them into that situation... and in doing so made them act in dumb and OOC ways.

For example - when the security guards start shooting, Mitchell and Teal'c take cover. Mucho shooting by security guards for a good while and then CAm has to shoot a security guard who is sneaking up on Teal'c. Long after all the shooting is done, half the guests have escaped, the museum is locked down and Teal'c and Mitchell are telling everyone to get down on the floor an waving guns at them, Daniel and Vala finally run into the room to see what's happening. Why did they not come help their freinds as soon as they heard gunfire? (They were literally just down the hall). Once Mitchell and Teal'c had disarmed the last security guard, why did they continue to behave in an overtly threatening manner, shouting at hostages, telling them to get down on the floor, waving guns around etc etc. It wasn't until Daniel arrived that they even tried to explain that they weren't rebels... and by then it was a bit late.. people aren't likely to believe you when you say, "Hey, I'm not actually a rebel" when 30 seconds earlier you were pointing a gun in their face and shouting at them to get down on the floor.

It just bugged me. yeah, they had to control the situation etc but I felt they were overly aggressive about it and did not make enough attempt to calm the situation/reason with the people, instead acting very much like the aggressive rebels they were believed by the people to be. They directly contributed to their own dire situation - and basically only to serve the plot. because the story hinged on them being in that situation.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
      Dat was very funny ep.
      I was laughing alot in this episode, not great but deffinatley good .

When dose the official thread get started?
      AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
        Dat was very funny ep.
        missed first ten mins [snip].
        Please don't ask for things like that on here - it's illegal and against GW's rules....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
          I was laughing alot in this episode, not great but deffinatley good .

When dose the official thread get started?
          When whichever of the Mods is online gets to it - I've posted to ask them to release the thread.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X