X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommiekins View Post
    Worst episode ever. *aaahhh comic book guy*
    Awful acting from every extra/minor character. Far too much screaming, and what is Daniel doing? The storyline just doesn't work for SG1, particularly now there are 6/8+ Ori ships laying waste to the milky way. Oh dear.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

No Carter? Good!
      sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

the screaming was only at the start.. stargates allways done standalones and yes cos its the last few eps ppl want mythology.. but roll with it.
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          SG1 - minus Carter who is in Washington to brief the President on the consequences of the existence of the Stargate being revealed in the AU reality - go through the Stargate to what they think is a pyramid tomb where the symbols on the walls are all jumbled. They find the "tomb" is a room in a museum where the stargate is being displayed. There is a cocktail party going on in a nearby room. They decide to leave but the DHD turns out to be only a replica - they're stuck until Landry dials in the check on them in 6 hours.

An amourous couple stumble into the room, see the team and run screaming - Mitchell and Teal'c follow and stumble into the cocktail party where someone screams they are rebels and all hell breaks loose with security guards firing on them. Mitchell is forced to shoot a security guard in the leg in self defence. Half the guests escape but the museum goes into lockdown with many guests inside. A hostage negotiator contacts the team, thinking them to be rebels. Daniel wants to explain that they're not rebels but Vala says if they do so, and let the hostages go, the building will be stormed and they will be killed. The team agrees that, for now, they have to pretend to be rebels and stall the negotiators until Landry can open a wormhole and send them a power source so they can get home.

A researcher at the museum believes their story that they came through the wormhole and offers to help them find the fragments of the original DHD found with the stargate, in case the power source is there. No joy on that but in a display case they find a naquada bomb which Vala says she can use to power the Stargate. There is also a security guard (a dumb one) trapped in the building with them that they didn't know about and when they find him, Mitchell even refers to him as a "John McLean."

Seems in Stargate land it's ok to rip-off movie plots as long as you reference them in a tongue-in-cheek manner in the ep (a la SGA:Vengeance and Aliens!)

More soon...
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
            It all ends very quickly with Vala managing to get the gate powered and she and Mitchell dialling by hand - they establish a wormhole just as the negotiator and his forces storm the building. Cameron manages to talk the guy into letting them go, as the wormhole makes it kinda obvious they are not rebels and are from another planet. After they leave, the negotiator decides to cover the whole thing up and say that the dumb security guard killed all 4 members of a rebel force and saved all the hostages.

Dumb episode, full of plot holes, some funny lines and moments but not enough, for me, to outshine the sheer stupidity of the plot, the odd characterisation etc etc. Tried a bit too hard to be funny (dumn security guard was just annoying) and didn't exactly show the team in their best light ever. A filler episode and a *meh* one at that.
            sigpic

Comment

this is a hostage situation...
              there is a certain etiquete....#daniel

well he would be the one to know....
              sigpic

Comment

another good concept (g1 making first contact with another planet towards the end of the show)

wrecked by the usual bad writing and over trying to be funny, the security guard was the most annoying thing ever

Comment

Fun episode, I enjoyed it It was probably the worst of the 2nd half of the season so far, but that can be forgiven considering how great it has been since The Quest. Teal'c was funny, so was Vala, but it's a shame Sam wasn't there And those bloody Gould Naquadah bombs, you just can't switch them off can you?! I'd say they had a few design flaws lol

I can't believe there is only 4 more episodes of SG-1 EVER

Comment

Originally posted by crompton20 View Post
                    the security guard was the most annoying thing ever
                    Wasn't that the point? I thought that was the point?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      Wasn't that the point? I thought that was the point?
                      Sadly, i think he was meant to be annoying but funny.. only I found him to be just annoying.. and predicatable. I called the majority of his lines and actions before he even did them and my husband sat there at the end and said, "I'm a hero!" in exactly the tone of voice used a full minute before it happened on screen.
                      sigpic

Comment

It was kinda bad writing but it was Co-wrote by Ben Browder so? I liked it quiet quirky and fun all though clearly a rip-off, better than Bounty though.

6/10
                        STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                        legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

This was a ok episode, the worst of the second half of season 10 so far, but it wasn't that bad. It's just that the second half of this season has just been spectacular so far. Although there were a few highlights, like the humour was pretty good by all characters, esp some of Teal'c's looks . And the fact that they used the excuse that Carter was in DC for not having her in the episode helped as well...probably spending time with Jack, lol, seeing as she has been there 'longer than expected'.

No spoiler tags coz it says spoilers in the title of the thread.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

this episode was good, no great bad good, and we need to see something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              It all ends very quickly with Vala managing to get the gate powered and she and Mitchell dialling by hand - they establish a wormhole just as the negotiator and his forces storm the building. Cameron manages to talk the guy into letting them go, as the wormhole makes it kinda obvious they are not rebels and are from another planet. After they leave, the negotiator decides to cover the whole thing up and say that the dumb security guard killed all 4 members of a rebel force and saved all the hostages.

Dumb episode, full of plot holes, some funny lines and moments but not enough, for me, to outshine the sheer stupidity of the plot, the odd characterisation etc etc. Tried a bit too hard to be funny (dumn security guard was just annoying) and didn't exactly show the team in their best light ever. A filler episode and a *meh* one at that.
                              Care to explain the plot holes? Or has that just become the general buzz word it has around here for when people dont like the episode

Comment

Dat was very funny ep.
                                missed first ten mins can some1 post it on youtube.

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Working...
                                X