Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving away then hanging around (shroud spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well why couldnt they use the 304 to fly thru an ori ship out of phase, none of the effects of the ships antigravity would be in place there for they could potentially drop a nuke out of the hatch fly off at sublight speed deactivate the phase discriminator and set the nuke off wiv the ori having no time to stop it..or they could fly inside the ship and drop it off at any point they like so long as the ori ship aint movin..potentially this could destroy all ori ships and cause no harm to us =]

obviously this aint gonna happen..although we do only have six sg1 eps left aside from the TV/DVD movies

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
      It doesn't look like the ship moves at all, which should be the case!

Adria figured something like that would happen, so she either hid on the ship all along along with her warriors, or she was on the other ship near the gate, then ringed aboard after SG-1 got there.

Either way, I'm sure she warned the other ship not to interfere because she was obviously confident in her own plan. Even DJ as the Prior I'm sure she knew couldn't defeat her. Only she wasn't counting on him having the anti-prior device with him, that allowed her powers to be temporarily nulled. Of which allowed him to bypass her personal shield & knock her ass out.

The other ship would have been briefed of the plan, especially when the gate connection went down etc. So they thought everything was going to script & so there was no reason to get involved. It had it's orders to stay by the gate, so it did. The gate dialled up, Adria came on back through & she ordered the other ship to come with the others to wherever they were going.

One thing though is why it went off after 5 mins. Surely that's too much time for someone to potentially it. Would have made more sense to have been 1 minute.

Not only that but the whole rushy, rush urgent thing was a bit too much. DJ would have lost his Prior powers, but he could have noted down all the info relating to the Ori ships. After taking the ship. They would have had the weapon. Then also Adria as well. Fly it back to Earth, beam Adria down into the stasis pod in Antartica.

Lastly, use the SG'c new ZPM to dial the coordinates of the Ori home galaxy
      taken from DJ's prior days. Then walk up to the ramp & chuck it through. 5 mins later it goes off, takes out the Ori in their own patch. They have a totally working Ori ship at their disposal & the Orici. The remaining 3 ships in this galaxy would be lost without their masters back home along with their leader in this galaxy.

All they have is 3 Ori ships. However with Merlins device, they could phase out a 304. Fire a few nukes towards the Ori ship. Wait until theya re in range, then phase back in. The weapons detonate inside the ships & take them out. Bingo, galaxy free of the Ori!
      Sounds like a good plan if not for one problem. We don't know where the ori galaxy is located in galactic terms. Even though Daniel has the addrss, we don't know if a ZPM is powerful enough to dial the Ori Galaxy. Just b/c we have the ability to dial Ida and the Pegasus galaxy, dsn't mean we have the ability to dial stargates in galaxies outside our galatic cluster. If the ori galaxy is in our cluster it might be possible. Obviously it probably wld not hurt to try, but alot of variables come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwivthebaals View Post
        well why couldnt they use the 304 to fly thru an ori ship out of phase, none of the effects of the ships antigravity would be in place there for they could potentially drop a nuke out of the hatch fly off at sublight speed deactivate the phase discriminator and set the nuke off wiv the ori having no time to stop it..or they could fly inside the ship and drop it off at any point they like so long as the ori ship aint movin..potentially this could destroy all ori ships and cause no harm to us =]

obviously this aint gonna happen..although we do only have six sg1 eps left aside from the TV/DVD movies
        In flesh and blood they tried a similar tactic by ringing a Jaffa version of a nuke on-board a Ori vessel, The Ori ships have internal dampeners inplace which negate the effect of such weapons detonating inside the ship (similar to those present on Asgard vessels).

There is also the problem of risking the phase device in such a matter when it may well prove to be the best defence we have against a Ori attack on earth even if it is short term.
        A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          That or
          Spoiler:
          She could have planned everything from the begining. Get Daniel to complete the weapon, send it through the gate and then deactivate it and have it in their possession to use against the Ancients.
          that or
          Spoiler:
          she could of allowed it to take out the orii and then reutnr to use it on the ancients
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I don't think the Sangraal can be used more than once, at least not until you replace something.....

The word "detonate" was mentioned, and everything about the device seemed to imply it let out a burst or something, essentially a bomb for ascended beings. Daniel also seemed content in leaving the device at the hands of the followers once the Ori were killed, which makes me think he probably knew it wouldn't work again, at least not until any lost parts were remade.

Now, this is speculation on the workings of the device:

The weapon itself, the thing that actually kills the ascended beings seems to be the red orb, if we go by what the device does: gather energy from subspace and transfer it into the ascended plane, then it's safe to assume that the majority of the defice, the big base and crystal, work much like a ZPM, gathering the energy from subspace, while the device that actually allows that energy to go into the ascended realm is the red orb.

This would explain why Merlin always kept that close to him, it was the part that was actually dangerous, and it might've basically been the most important and final part. It could be that any particular orb can only be used for one burst, meaning Adria would have to build another orb to kill ascended beings again, which I don't think she can.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
              I don't think the Sangraal can be used more than once, at least not until you replace something.....

The word "detonate" was mentioned, and everything about the device seemed to imply it let out a burst or something, essentially a bomb for ascended beings. Daniel also seemed content in leaving the device at the hands of the followers once the Ori were killed, which makes me think he probably knew it wouldn't work again, at least not until any lost parts were remade.

Now, this is speculation on the workings of the device:

The weapon itself, the thing that actually kills the ascended beings seems to be the red orb, if we go by what the device does: gather energy from subspace and transfer it into the ascended plane, then it's safe to assume that the majority of the defice, the big base and crystal, work much like a ZPM, gathering the energy from subspace, while the device that actually allows that energy to go into the ascended realm is the red orb.

This would explain why Merlin always kept that close to him, it was the part that was actually dangerous, and it might've basically been the most important and final part. It could be that any particular orb can only be used for one burst, meaning Adria would have to build another orb to kill ascended beings again, which I don't think she can.
              I wouldnt bet on that. If it went off and killed the Ori she would be very pissed and want revenge, in that case she could build another orb, b/c she is basically an Ori, with their knowledge and ability to build one or (spoilers for unending)
              Spoiler:
              What if the ori were destroyed but something that happens in this epiosde reverts the timeline and the weapon didnt go off.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ah, but her knowledge and that of the Ori and other ascended would not help her here. Only Merlin knew how to make the Sangraal, and now he's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                  Ah, but her knowledge and that of the Ori and other ascended would not help her here. Only Merlin knew how to make the Sangraal, and now he's dead.
                  Unless his knowledge got imprinted on the device on Adria's ship.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                  X