Question about the way the Ori are conquering the galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Huh? What have we ever seen linking the Nox to ascension?
    I got lost a bit there too.
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Huh? What have we ever seen linking the Nox to ascension?
      They are peaceful like the guy in Maternal Instinct, Harcesis seemed to be trained to be peaceful, and the people where shepard got stuck in were peaceful when trying to Acend. And the fact they have abilites to reserect the Dead and possible to make invicible.

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      or just unseen technology, they could have technology implants to do those kind of things, we're developing things here and now using implants to use things without physical touch, i wouldn't put it past them to do the same.
      reminds me of Maternal Instinct (again)
      Daniel: Is it a trick candle

Carter- I would need Equipment to check for advanced Tecnology
      Daniel- Is there not a part of you that wants to Believe

Still there are simularites between the Nox and Anceints Tec wise.
      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
      new enemy of the Ori
      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
        They are peaceful like the guy in Maternal Instinct, Harcesis seemed to be trained to be peaceful, and the people where shepard got stuck in were peaceful when trying to Acend. And the fact they have abilites to reserect the Dead and possible to make invicible.
        They're peaceful, so what? You need to of evolved to a certain state to be able to achieve ascension (unless someone is helping you), and we have seen nothing to indicate that the Nox are either there or will ever be there. Unless you are physically capable of ascension, being peaceful counts for nothing.

Comment

No, the Nox seem only partially(albeit I woudl admit, very advanced partially) on the way to ascension, btu theyr'e definitely not ascended. Yet.

why don't they show us episodes of one of this advanced race fighting agains the Ori, kicking their asses, it's just plain stupid that the humas from earth and the stupid jaffa's are the only ones that fight against the Ori, i'd like to see one of this episodes
          Well, I suspect that the point is that our heroes have to bwe the ones fighting this incredible challenge, otherwise what was the writers' point increatnig it in the first place? TBH if at this stage it would end up with the Ancients interfering - a very possible option, methinks - it'd still look like a cop out and a dues ex machina, because it won't be SG1 who through struggles and trials managed to defeated the baddies, it'd be someone else...
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
            advanced compared to our technology but the Ori have access to ascended knowledge, meaning if they wanted to they could know everything. I really doubt the Nox could take the Ori on, they could hide but I think a prior or certainly adria could sense them. Come to think of it a prior could take the nox on easy, the nox have invisibility but that's the only advantage, the prior has multiple abilities. If you think the nox could take out the Ori you're also saying they could take out the ancients when they were at their peak, who have been numerous times said to be the greatest race to inhabit the galaxy.
            Ascended beings are not omni-potent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
              Ascended beings are not omni-potent.
              I said in my post, they have access to it, not they have it, someone suggested it could be somewhat like the internet, you search for what you want.

Comment

Well the Nox have been around for At least as Long as the Allience which means somewhere between 50m BC and 8m years B. The ancients left after that to Pegasus and while we do not know where the nox came from they seem indiginous to the MW, therefore must have been around when the Ancients were in the MW, which was 8m Years ago. Unless the Allience was formed in the few hundred years they were back on Earth which seems extreamely unlikely because in that time the ancients only travelled about earth and learned to ascend.
                Given that they were part of an allience that old, then they would have evolved to the point where they would have gained prior like abilitys naturally, they might not be meaning to ascend or seeking the path but naturally they may have evoled to that point where they have no option.

also the Nox were a member of the great allience, whenever it was formed and the great allience isnt a shabby coalition of a few planets, the allience was built of the four most powerfull race there has ever been, and no matter how much you want to not fight you do not get power without fighting at some point in your history. The nox can defend themselves and im sure that the ori know that, they know of the Asgard and the ancients and im sure they know about the nox too and there is no way the Ori could take out the Nox without a fight that we dont hear about.

another race i want to see fight the Ori are the grace aliens because i think they are one of the only races we have ever seen that show the willingness and ability to engange and destroy effectively, they had massive ships and massive potential and we will never see that realised they are an enemy that the Ori could meet resistance at.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  another race i want to see fight the Ori are the grace aliens because i think they are one of the only races we have ever seen that show the willingness and ability to engange and destroy effectively, they had massive ships and massive potential and we will never see that realised they are an enemy that the Ori could meet resistance at.
                  I would like to see that too.
                  sigpic

Comment

They're peaceful, so what? You need to of evolved to a certain state to be able to achieve ascension (unless someone is helping you), and we have seen nothing to indicate that the Nox are either there or will ever be there. Unless you are physically capable of ascension, being peaceful counts for nothing.
                    Peaceful is a way some people try to have their soul acend. I'm not saying that is there only reason. They have the ability to hid things, revive people from the dead, and I just remberd that they made the tollan and Aphothis not only invisible but move them from where they were. Some might be tec but how do they do it on Earth and Tollana. I'm not saying they are there but they just might be trying to Acended.
                    Last edited by Kingomon; 11 January 2007, 06:11 AM.
                    new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                      Peaceful is a way some people try to have their soul acend. I'm not saying that is there only reason. They have the ability to hid things, revive people from the dead, and I just remberd that they made the tollan and Aphothis not only invicible btu move them from where they were. Some might be tec but how do they do it on Earth and Tollana. I'm not saying they are there but they just might be trying to Acended.
                      So might a half dozen races we've seen...

Comment

i dont think i have ever replied to a post before, but i just read them, but some of the replies that people have given just warrant my first reply.

so here we go here is a list of observations on this post.

1.the nox look like they are from the milky way
                        im sorry but you came to that conclusion how? we have seen 1 planet of nox people, and not even a whole planet, a small section of the planet probs 5 miles worth maybe less and a floating city. for all we know there could be 100's of planets with nox on them hidden, for all we know like the ancients, the nox could be from another galaxy altogether.

2.the aschen - no one knows what happened to them, me, personally doubt they would of dialled any of them numbers carter gave them after the whole escape fiasco thing, but who knows.

3.the asgard - we dont know how much they are helping, i remember a comment once from thor "we have much bigger threats in our own galaxy" we all presume they meant the replicators, but for all we know there could be other things out there that prevent them from helping us with the ori.

4. the ori could probiably wipe out the nox - again we dont know, as i stated in point one we know jack all about the nox. and to be honest, we know jack all about the ori technology, i see people saying "it takes 2 shots for them to break through our shields" and things along them lines and "a drone could get through their shields" so again. We dont know, for all we know the ori could have a power button on their weapon, as they came through the gate it was on 0% first shot was at 1% damage the one that took the ship out at 2%, again it could of been pure luck, weak spot or any number of things. so dont presume we know how powerful people are.

5. we dont know how much info the ori or the ascended people have access to.

6. nox and ascension - who ever heard the nox say they were trying to ascend, for all we know the nox could ascend if they wanted to they just dont want to.

7. the nox are not as powerful as the ancients - the nox had 8 million years to develop technology (figure could vary) after the ancients were wiped out, who knows what they could develop in that time.

want to add more but cant be bothered as im tired. Discuss these points.

Comment

They're just conquering every planet they come across.
                          Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

yeah ppl tend to create scenarios in which the weirdest assumptions are made. they ignore everything SG1 and Atlantis have established. That is however always entertaining and very fascinating ideas come to light that way, so keep it up hehe
                            They are experimenting on us again

Click here for video file with sound

Comment

So might a half dozen races we've seen...
                              That have the power to hid things as well as move them instantly and revive the dead with there hands. Races Peaceful yes but how many have Nox powers.

There powers maybe showing they are somewhere on the acention line but who's knows if they will go any further.

And we have not seen there whole race we have only seen a small bit of it. As far as we know the ones on the planet like peace and the ones in the city could careless. Like we had no clue that the there were Alterans that had a selfish nature (a.k.a. the Ori).

And Actually this conversation is pointless because the Nox buried the gate again(or they shut it off since they know how to make a gate). And if they come by ship the city is cloaked or cities and the Nox look pathectic on the planet. So the Ori would careless about them.
                              new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Wasn't it mentioned anyway that some of the advanced human races around the Galaxy have already been conquered? Like the Herbidians (race from 'Space Race') and Langarans (Jonas's People).

And the fact is that we have no real clue what is going on in the Galaxy, it is a show about SG-1, so we generally only see what they are up to. I mean the Galaxy could be at war fighting the Ori threat, though we wouldn't really know. The Aschen could be fighting, but we aren't what you call 'friends'. I mean we have only been left due to our Ancient Defense System (which presumably will harm the Ori Battle Cruisers if they are avoiding us).
                                Disliked a recent episode?
                                Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
                                The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Working...
                                X