Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Ancients are not interfering (yet)...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally believe that the Ancient's have been interfering all along. Merlin proves that, Oma, Orlin, as a whole it has just been more subtle.

Comment

Those are a scant few individuals that are breaking the rules, which is always going to be the case. Also, they are doing in subtly, which doesn't lend itself to big changes in the galaxy.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Everybody is forgeting that not every Ancient had Acended to the higher plan of existence. As far as we know they might have a few hundred and the Ori might have most of it's race(which explains why they don't want to share it).
        Also the Ori have tons of worshipers wich means there power has increased.

As for the Pest thing I have to agree not only because we are lower beings but look at how much life is in our Galaxy and the Ancients may be seeing more then that after, all they have explored the universe, and who knows how many planets they have seen.
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Look at U.S. history for a parallel.

You could compare the Ori story line to WWII. Essentially the Ori are conducting genocide. Follow their religon/worship them or die. To me, there is an obvious comparison to Hitler, who attempted to wipe out faiths and ethnic minorities that did not fit the 3rd Reich's belief system.

In WWII, the U.S. provided aide and did some things to support the war against Nazi Germany, but did not fully enter the war until after Pearl Harbor. It took a direct attack against our country before we took the kid gloves off and fully engaged our combat forces.

Likewise, the ancients continue to provide hints to SG1 and do little things to try and aide the effort with out actually getting fully involved. There has been no direct attack against them yet, so they continue to stay on the sidelines.

As of yet, it's not their war.

I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if the Ori made a direct strike against the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest_techie View Post
            someone needs to watch the futurama episode "godfellas"
            hahahahahaha LOL

that one was qiute funny

BENDEr: remember me
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by closetfan View Post
              Look at U.S. history for a parallel.

You could compare the Ori story line to WWII. Essentially the Ori are conducting genocide. Follow their religon/worship them or die. To me, there is an obvious comparison to Hitler, who attempted to wipe out faiths and ethnic minorities that did not fit the 3rd Reich's belief system.

In WWII, the U.S. provided aide and did some things to support the war against Nazi Germany, but did not fully enter the war until after Pearl Harbor. It took a direct attack against our country before we took the kid gloves off and fully engaged our combat forces.

Likewise, the ancients continue to provide hints to SG1 and do little things to try and aide the effort with out actually getting fully involved. There has been no direct attack against them yet, so they continue to stay on the sidelines.

As of yet, it's not their war.

I'd be interested in seeing what would happen if the Ori made a direct strike against the Ancients.

But germany's ultimate goal was not to irradicate America. The whole point of the Ori invasion is so that they get more power to defeat the ancients, they should be concerned because they're next on the Ori's list.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                But germany's ultimate goal was not to irradicate America. The whole point of the Ori invasion is so that they get more power to defeat the ancients, they should be concerned because they're next on the Ori's list.
                The Ori gaining power is probley part of the plan. But I think they are attack us because they want to lure out the Ancients. There plan might be ifinte like our universe but the Ori can't find the Ancients so they are trying to force them to take action so they can take them out while the Ancients won't be able to find them and won't be able to retalite because they have no clue were they are.
                new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                  The Ori gaining power is probley part of the plan. But I think they are attack us because they want to lure out the Ancients. There plan might be ifinte like our universe but the Ori can't find the Ancients so they are trying to force them to take action so they can take them out while the Ancients won't be able to find them and won't be able to retalite because they have no clue were they are.
                  It's a nice idea but I don't think so, they want to take out the whole ancient race, even if they bluff a few out they can never fully take them out, lighting neva hits the same spot twice, the plan would only work once.. The only way to get every single ancient is to gain more power than them and wipe them out on the ascended plain.

Comment

It's a nice idea but I don't think so, they want to take out the whole ancient race, even if they bluff a few out they can never fully take them out, lighting neva hits the same spot twice, the plan would only work once.. The only way to get every single ancient is to gain more power than them and wipe them out on the ascended plain.
                    Think of it as the Ori sniper rifle and the Ancients as the Target. The Sniper rifle is trying to take out a group of people but they can't find them so they try to force one of them to show himself and then after dealing with that one he looks for where he came and he can see the rest of his targets but the Targets can't see him.
                    new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Think of it as the Ori sniper rifle and the Ancients as the Target. The Sniper rifle is trying to take out a group of people but they can't find them so they try to force one of them to show himself and then after dealing with that one he looks for where he came and he can see the rest of his targets but the Targets can't see him.
                      I see what you're saying but I still don't think that's what they're doing, if they did it that way what's to stop the people from seeing the shot victim and simly fleeing to another hiding place. I think the ancients would be too smart to fall for this plan so easily, the Ori know all they need is mass brutaliy, which require more strength than your oppostion. So the Ori think 'hey we get more power from believers and there's billions of people to believe in us in that galaxy'. Also the way you're describing it totally makes origin pointless, why preach? why make people believers if in the end all you want to do is weed out your enemy, all they have to do is go on a massive wave of destuction like they are now though not leaving believers untouched.

Comment

I see what you're saying but I still don't think that's what they're doing, if they did it that way what's to stop the people from seeing the shot victim and simly fleeing to another hiding place. I think the ancients would be too smart to fall for this plan so easily, the Ori know all they need is mass brutaliy, which require more strength than your oppostion. So the Ori think 'hey we get more power from believers and there's billions of people to believe in us in that galaxy'. Also the way you're describing it totally makes origin pointless, why preach? why make people believers if in the end all you want to do is weed out your enemy, all they have to do is go on a massive wave of destuction like they are now though not leaving believers untouched.
                        They are gaining Power to be able to destroy the Ancients that is certain but they are destroying Planets who will not join to piss off the Ancients and force them out. But they are not going to waste power they could gain. So they give the humans two choices worship(to gain more power) or die(to make the Anceints want to stop them). Both two sides of a coin that have Benefits. That is why they don't waste time trying to convince them plus not only lure the Anceints out but to scare the people into worshiping instead of saying no (even if they want to scream it).
                        new enemy of the Ori

Comment

They are gaining Power to be able to destroy the Ancients that is certain but they are destroying Planets who will not join to piss off the Ancients and force them out. But they are not going to waste power they could gain. So they give the humans two choices worship(to gain more power) or die(to make the Anceints want to stop them). Both two sides of a coin that have Benefits. That is why they don't waste time trying to convince them plus not only lure the Anceints out but to scare the people into worshiping instead of saying no (even if they want to scream it).
                          Sounds right to me.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Ancients, IMO, will only interfere in this directly when/if they are finally threatened directly by the Ori. They feel they did enough in shielding us from the Ori for as long as they did. We opened Pandora's Box by using the communication device. We messed things up. Now they are letting us try and deal with cleaning up the mess.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My Opinion is that:
                              The Ori are gathering worshippers until there are equal numbers of worshipppers as ascended Ori.
                              Then the Ori will try to do a en-mass descension/possession into the worshippers that they have gathered and brainwashed.
                              The Ori will no longer be ascended beings but will be highly evolved human bodies retaining all of their ascended knowledge.
                              They will then be free to use the san-gral to wipe out their enemy without fear of kiiling themselves.
                              "Furlings" is an anagram of "Fun Girls"
                              I wish we could finally get to see the "fun girls" !
                              They must be really sexy cos the Asgard said you'll know 'em when you see 'em!!

Comment

I think we are on to something that Orlin alluded to, the nature of the Ori's power, he said "sort of" by their worshippers giving it to them. Perhaps certain belief systems manifest themselves in the Ascended plane and can be harnessed as power there.
                                Why would the Ori's need to destroy the non-believing people in the Milky Way, or elsewhere? Perhaps "Free Will" itself from here is a form of power in Ascended plane which the Ancients can use to shield themselves from the Ori attacking them, so the Ori are breaking down these defenses until it matters to the Ancients.
                                Clearly, if you add in other galaxies and races such as the Nox, Asgard, etc...the Ori have a lot of work to do, and the Earth with a large such "Free Will" planet under siege will force the Ancients to intervene finally.

Comment

Working...
                                X