Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Merlin use the Ori weapon when he built it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Morgan build that whole cave-thing in that planet to keep that weapon safe? But only let those worthy to use it, be able to get it.

It is their insurance policy against possible Ascended Ori attack.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
      Didn't Morgan build that whole cave-thing in that planet to keep that weapon safe? But only let those worthy to use it, be able to get it.

It is their insurance policy against possible Ascended Ori attack.
      Yeah she did. It is also possible that she was working with Merlin at some point.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

when you all say "the ancients cant help us" i assume you mean ascended beings cant help us

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
          when you all say "the ancients cant help us" i assume you mean ascended beings cant help us
          The Ancients are the Ascended beings. They weon't lift a finger to help us till they feel they are threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            The Ancients are the Ascended beings. They won't lift a finger to help us till they feel they are threatened.
            The thing is though, they are threatened right now as Orlin said when he spoke to the Prior on the Sodan home world. "they are here to destroy the Ancients", he told them (the team) that after he spoke to the Prior.
            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

We think that there is another problem with the weapon, because when Morgan was forced to leave in Pegasus Project, she wanted to say something, but was not able finish it.

Maybe this weapon is too dangerous or it is something very different than we expect it to be.

Otherwise there is also an ethical question. If SG-1 uses this weapon it might be possible that this weapon destroys all ascended beings, because the weapon can't tell which one is good and which one is not. And maybe that is because Merlin did not want to use it. He was not able to defend his friends from this weapon and so he rather has hidden it in the hope that no one is good enough to get through all these tests.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
                We think that there is another problem with the weapon, because when Morgan was forced to leave in Pegasus Project, she wanted to say something, but was not able finish it.

Maybe this weapon is too dangerous or it is something very different than we expect it to be.

Otherwise there is also an ethical question. If SG-1 uses this weapon it might be possible that this weapon destroys all ascended beings, because the weapon can't tell which one is good and which one is not. And maybe that is because Merlin did not want to use it. He was not able to defend his friends from this weapon and so he rather has hidden it in the hope that no one is good enough to get through all these tests.
                That is verey possible. I think we already know that the weapon destroys "all" ascended beings and that is likely why it hasnt been used but the time will come when we may not have a choice but to use it and risk destroying the ancients as well as the Ori.

Comment

yeah i have a question about that too. if it transends (sp?) space time then wouldnt the distance between us and the ori galaxy not really matter? i think it would be cool if all the ascended are forced to descend when we use it (if we get it) then have oniell and eveyone else kick those ditcher's asses.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

If it does desotry all ascended beings then why don't the ancients decend (SP) then activate the weapon then reascend as i would doubt the weapon wuld have been created to work almost indefinatly

Comment

But the decent seems to be dangerous. We have seen that Anubis was not able decent properly so it might be possible that they are frightened to do it. And if the Alterans decent then the ori would maybe sense it and decent too. If they do so too the weapon would be no use for SG-1 anymore.

Comment

But the decent seems to be dangerous. We have seen that Anubis was not able decent properly so it might be possible that they are frightened to do it. And if the Alterans decent then the ori would maybe sense it and decent too. If they do so too the weapon would be no use for SG-1 anymore.
                        Good point. It appears we might bee damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Comment

Otherwise there is also an ethical question. If SG-1 uses this weapon it might be possible that this weapon destroys all ascended beings, because the weapon can't tell which one is good and which one is not. And maybe that is because Merlin did not want to use it.
                          If the problem is that it destroys all ascended beings, then maybe he destroyed it years ago, but why would he build it/continue in the first place?

That said, Morgan did say that "you have your answer Danial Jackson, I suggest you act upon it", when the team went to Atlantis. And she did try and give them more of a definite clue before she was "hauled" off by the others. So that would indicate that depending where it is used would depend upon who would be affected.
                          http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

anubis was forced to a lower plain he didnt go willingly, orlin went back twice the second time was more of a screw up...

but ever since reconing we may have been hinted to the san greal because of what replicarter said to danie. that he had the knowlege that could destroy anubis, so that may mean that anubis could be destroyed with the san greal. of course if we use it oma would have to stop her fight or she would be eliminated as well.

I imagine there may be some residual resonance that would temporarily make it hazardous for ancients to re ascend for a while.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by nerus View Post
                              The treat was there thats is why Merlin created the weapon.The Ancients are doing what they do best underestimate their enemy.
                              Yeah that's so true. The sweetest poetic justice would be if the ori teach the doci and then the priors to build a form of merlin's weapon, then let it rip on the ancients. No war neccessary...GG alterans Thats what you get when you take the high ground and try to be better than the ori

Comment

Good point.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X