This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aintright
    Absolutely want Jack in the finale -- but want him back in true Jack form as an important role and not boxed in!!! able to run wild like he does so well and was what made the show so great!!!

teehee!!
    That's what I'd like to see.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
      I think Jack O'Neill's story line has ended with season 8 which was supposed to be the LAST season of the show.
      There’s where I’ve got to disagree.

Jack’s their boss. They could easily find a way to squeeze him in somewhere. Full circle and all since it is most likely the last episode of a series he helped build for 8 years.
      Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
        I think Jack O'Neill's story line has ended with season 8 which was supposed to be the LAST season of the show. He isn't involved at all in the current storyline, the current problems the characters are experiencing and if there are going to be any artificial "loose ends" to make the fans of the old show happy, I'm definitely going to be disappointed with it.
        See, his storyline could've ended at the end of s8 or beginning of s9. They could've quite easily completed his storyline, but they chose to pretend Jack never existed. The show went on and we got to find out what all the characters are up to now, except Jack. It was never stated where he is and what he's doing. So yeah we know he's the head of Homeworld, but we only know because we read it online it was never mentioned. So no, his storyline isn't finished at all, he just disappeared and nobody saw fit to even mention where he went of to. And being the head of Homeworld Security he's the boss of the SGC and still very much involved with the current storyline and the Ori threat.
        I get that you love Claudia and don't want anyone to take away screentime from her and I can even understand it to a point, but like it or not Jack was the lead for 8 years and he and his fans deserve closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxum
          Mitchell, alot of the anti-threads are posters who hated seasons 9 and 10 and felt it should have ended after season 8.

I'm with you. I think seasons 9 and 10 are just fine, and I will take SG-1 in whatever form MGM decides upon: Season 11, DVD movies, motion picture.

The reasons for some disliking seasons 9 and 10 are certainly their own, and we are all entitled to our opinions, but most of the reasons for disliking seasons 9 and 10, from what I've read on this forum, seem a bit trivial to me. I mean, "The title should have been changed?" Please. I do agree that some of the character interactions need work, but in all fairness, the writers were working under difficult cirumstances:

Amanda Tapping was pregnant, so she was unavailable for six episodes in season 9. Therefore, Daniel, Vala, Cam, and Teal'c took up the void. For those who felt that Teal'c did not have much to do in Season 9, you should listen to Christopher Judge. He stated that he had more dialogue and more to do in season 9 then in the last three seasons of SG-1. So, he was very pleased.

Michael Shanks took off four episodes in Season 10 to spend time with his new son, so they had to write around him. I don't have a problem with this. I'd rather Michael take a few episodes off then lose the character of Daniel Jackson completely. I mean, it's the reason we lost RDA.

Incorporating new characters and a new villain was going to require giving air time to the new characters. How else do you build on a season for future seasons if you don't know your new characters? I remember reading many posts that Mitchell didn't have enough to do in the first few episodes of Season 9, and then when Mitchell WAS showcased in later episodes, people complained that it was all about Mitchell.

I'm just glad I'm not a writer for the show because I'd end up banging my head against a wall trying to please ALL the fans. We are a difficult lot to please.
          Thanks for the support and I agree with everything you said. I thought I was all alone in here. What I'm sick and tired of is all the doom and gloom about Stargate and the talk that MGM is telling us what we want to hear. SG-1 will continue in some form I am positive. Jack back in the finale would be great if done well which I'm sure it would be.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm just glad I'm not a writer for the show because I'd end up banging my head against a wall trying to please ALL the fans. We are a difficult lot to please.
            You speak the truth my friend.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Mitchell, alot of the anti-threads are posters who hated seasons 9 and 10 and felt it should have ended after season 8.

I'm with you. I think seasons 9 and 10 are just fine, and I will take SG-1 in whatever form MGM decides upon: Season 11, DVD movies, motion picture.

The reasons for some disliking seasons 9 and 10 are certainly their own, and we are all entitled to our opinions, but most of the reasons for disliking seasons 9 and 10, from what I've read on this forum, seem a bit trivial to me. I mean, "The title should have been changed?" Please. I do agree that some of the character interactions need work, but in all fairness, the writers were working under difficult cirumstances:

Amanda Tapping was pregnant, so she was unavailable for six episodes in season 9. Therefore, Daniel, Vala, Cam, and Teal'c took up the void. For those who felt that Teal'c did not have much to do in Season 9, you should listen to Christopher Judge. He stated that he had more dialogue and more to do in season 9 then in the last three seasons of SG-1. So, he was very pleased.

Michael Shanks took off four episodes in Season 10 to spend time with his new son, so they had to write around him. I don't have a problem with this. I'd rather Michael take a few episodes off then lose the character of Daniel Jackson completely. I mean, it's the reason we lost RDA.

Incorporating new characters and a new villain was going to require giving air time to the new characters. How else do you build on a season for future seasons if you don't know your new characters? I remember reading many posts that Mitchell didn't have enough to do in the first few episodes of Season 9, and then when Mitchell WAS showcased in later episodes, people complained that it was all about Mitchell.

Oh, you are very right that the writers cannot please every fan and shouldn't even try too. They tried to please a faction of fans with Jack/Sam ship and alienated all the fans who think the pairing is disgusting, unrealistic and dishonourable etc.

And yes, the writers had a lot of problems due to cast members taking time off, but the thing is, they haven't done well writing around them - as was seen in Seasons 6 - 8 with RDA.

Also, simply stating that the writer's were producing under difficult conditions shouldn't prevent any criticism of their work. And cannot account for plot holes, poor writing/characterisation and ridiculous inconsistencies.

They had to introduce new characters and a new plot, storyline in Season 1 ... and they succeeded in the minds of many. So, how come they couldn't now? In, what is essentially, a 'new' show?

In my opinion, the show should have ended once Season 6 finished and has been in rapid decline since.

I would really like to see Jack's storyline wrapped up properly just for the sake of it, but I'm not going to demand it or be upset. It would be nice that is all!

I do not see my reasons for disliking S9 trival. Nor do I see your reasons for liking the new show as trival.
              The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

yes i reckon jack should come back thats what i voted for

Comment

IMO Jack has to be in the finally .... it would not be proper SG1 if he was not there

Comment

He's the head of homeworld security damn it. YES he should make an apearance, but ONLY in a fitting role. Let's see... where would the head of Homeworld Security hang in times of crisis?

Oh yes! The Whitehouse with the President. Jack should be seen there, and there alone.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Yes, it would be very appropriate to have Jack in the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen
                        Oh, you are very right that the writers cannot please every fan and shouldn't even try too. They tried to please a faction of fans with Jack/Sam ship and alienated all the fans who think the pairing is disgusting, unrealistic and dishonourable etc.

And yes, the writers had a lot of problems due to cast members taking time off, but the thing is, they haven't done well writing around them - as was seen in Seasons 6 - 8 with RDA.

Also, simply stating that the writer's were producing under difficult conditions shouldn't prevent any criticism of their work. And cannot account for plot holes, poor writing/characterisation and ridiculous inconsistencies.

They had to introduce new characters and a new plot, storyline in Season 1 ... and they succeeded in the minds of many. So, how come they couldn't now? In, what is essentially, a 'new' show?

In my opinion, the show should have ended once Season 6 finished and has been in rapid decline since.

I would really like to see Jack's storyline wrapped up properly just for the sake of it, but I'm not going to demand it or be upset. It would be nice that is all!

I do not see my reasons for disliking S9 trival. Nor do I see your reasons for liking the new show as trival.
                        You make alot of sense even if I disagre. You reasons are not trivial I just happen to disagree. I thought seasons 1-8 were very well done. I didn't see the show start to decline in seasons 7 and 8. I thought both those seasons were very good. Even though Oneill had changed in season 8 and less screen time I still thought RDA's acting was great and the season as a whole. Seasons 9 and 10 IMO are just as good. I don't think that the writting is poor I just think it didn't appeal to some fans.It did to most but not all. I understand why some fans are disapointed and while not trivial I do see the reasons they state to be minor. Everyone has a differnt opinion and each person has in his/her mind how they want the show to be. IMO they are doing fine in others they are nor. But IMO thats what makes it fun. If we all liked the same thing this forum would be quite empty.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by luthienberen

One big difference with Seasons 6-8, most of the entire cast was still intact, and you had the same allies and enemies. Nothing new had to be written, except for Jonas and episodes where Jack wasn't available. You still had, at various times, Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c, Hammond, Janet, Thor, the Goul'd, the Replicators, etc.

Season 9 had to start, not only without RDA, but also without Amanda. It also brought in, not one, but FOUR new characters. Then throw in the new villain. That's a lot to assimilate.

For the record, the writers wrote Season 9 as a new Pilot, per the Season 9 DVD commentary. They wrote the season as "Stargate Command," but then MGM decided to stick with the old title of "SG-1." Eh. Who cares? I'm going to watch these characters wherever they go.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Let's leave it at that.

I agree.

Well, I don't recall singling out anyone, but I'm sorry, I do think that the argument for "The title should have been changed," is trivial. I mean, does it REALLY matter? Apparently, Robert Cooper was expecting it to be changed. If you watch the very first episode of Season 9, Walter says to Cameron "Welcome to Stargate Command." That was a tease to viewers that the show was SUPPOSE to be a brand new show. MGM didn't want to change it. Like I said, who cares? Am I going to stop watching? I can't. I just consider it an offshoot, but at the same time, since my favorite characters (minus RDA) are still front and center, I don't consider it a different show at all. It's still SG-1, and I'm still going to continue to watch.

Season 9 and 10 had some very good episodes and some great writing. I'm not going to give it up because the shows aren't ALL fabulous - neither was every episode of Seasons 1-8, frankly.

Comment

One big difference with Seasons 6-8, most of the entire cast was still intact, and you had the same allies and enemies. Nothing new had to be written, except for Jonas and episodes where Jack wasn't available. You still had, at various times, Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c, Hammond, Janet, Thor, the Goul'd, the Replicators, etc.

Season 9 had to start, not only without RDA, but also without Amanda. It also brought in, not one, but FOUR new characters. Then throw in the new villain. That's a lot to assimilate.
                            The lack of Sam IMO was a bonus. The new characters weren't assimilated very well I think.

For the record, the writers wrote Season 9 as a new Pilot, per the Season 9 DVD commentary. They wrote the season as "Stargate Command," but then MGM decided to stick with the old title of "SG-1." Eh. Who cares? I'm going to watch these characters wherever they go.
                            I know they did. I don't care what it is called.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Let's leave it at that.
                            Agreed.

I agree.

Well, I don't recall singling out anyone, but I'm sorry, I do think that the argument for "The title should have been changed," is trivial. I mean, does it REALLY matter? Apparently, Robert Cooper was expecting it to be changed. If you watch the very first episode of Season 9, Walter says to Cameron "Welcome to Stargate Command." That was a tease to viewers that the show was SUPPOSE to be a brand new show. MGM didn't want to change it. Like I said, who cares? Am I going to stop watching? I can't. I just consider it an offshoot, but at the same time, since my favorite characters (minus RDA) are still front and center, I don't consider it a different show at all. It's still SG-1, and I'm still going to continue to watch.
                            Personally, IMO, I wouldn't like the show even if it had been renamed so that argument never bothered me nor did the lack of title change. My dislikes go beyond a mere title!

Season 9 and 10 had some very good episodes and some great writing. I'm not going to give it up because the shows aren't ALL fabulous - neither was every episode of Seasons 1-8, frankly.
                            I never said that the previous seasons were without fault - in fact, there are episodes from earlier seasons that I'll never watch again or use the fast forward button on. There are problems from previous seasons, but to me, they never outweighed the good. S7-8 pushed that and S9 failed 100%.

Though I have heard that S10 is an improvement to S9, so I may try again.
                            The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Yes, I do. It wouldn't be right for Jack not to be in the series finale. Although, I would like it to be the pre season 8 Jack. Not the empty shell that appeared for most of season 8 and
                              Spoiler:
                              the couple of episodes in season 9.
                              There was always a kind of vacant look about him from season 8 onwards; like he wanted to be elsewhere.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I haven't seen season 10 but from what I've seen of 8 and 9 I don't think RDA wants to be on the show so let him be and enjoy bringing up his real family. Instead, bring on the young Jack Clone. Micheal Welsh did a real good job of imitating him and playing him off Bower's Mitchell maybe fun.

He must be done with school by now, 18 years old now and lets face it would the airforce really let one of it's greatest resources play at schools with the Ori on the rampage.
                                jo90

Comment

Working...
                                X