Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maby the purpose of the orb is not actually a weapon, but a ball to play fetch with the dragon

SG1 Then recieves a FREE complementary dragon!

nah, seriously though, it should be intresting to see how it turns out (the anti-Orii weapon ect)

Wouldn't it be intresting tho, if the actual "anti-ori weapon" is not actually a weapon but a trick or loophole/law that allows the ori to have more power/ascend higher (e.g being able to come into the milky way/our plain of existance and personally interact by "law")

Or maby it could be used to create a line of non crossover between plains (like we carn't interact in the ancients plain) or/a plane lower for the ori then technically the ancients carn't interfere as the ori and our plane of existance are lower.
    I Have Information...

Comment

What if the weapon is a time travel device that would know (depending on who touches) send SG-1 back in time before they met the Ori to un do it SG-1 goes back in time to warn that SG-1 to not go to that Planet they went to when they first met the Ori ? (they give them mission report copies) That way the Ori never finds out about the Milky Way Galaxy. The only things that would change is Daniel & Vala never meeting the Ori & it would un do Adria being born. It can send SG-1 before Avalon, Part 1 happened

In order to save the future
      Change the past

(again)

Comment

Originally posted by deadman View Post
        Maybe it opens a link so you can talk to God and he'll do the work for you, if you are pure of heart.
        Maybe it's like a walkie-talkie, yo g0d, I need some 1337 back-up ASAP!

Comment

I was playing around with some ideas for a fanfic not too long ago and I came up with the following:

That Merlin's weapon infact consists of 3 components, each one hidden in a different galaxy (MW,PG,Ori) in order to prevent anyone but the most committed from finding it.
          Merlin wanted to make absolutely sure that it could not be used unless it was needed.

I had SG-1 retrieving the first component at the end of S10 with a ship being sent to PG where they spend the first season searching for the 2nd component, thinking that there are only 2 pieces.

This ship is equipped with a prototype weapon which will (in theory) be able to punch through Ori shields in a few shots by 'coating' the shields with an opposing energy field which weakens them.

End of first season they get hold of it but while returning it to MW the Ori followers get their hands on it and take it through the Supergate to ensure that we can`t get it back.

The ship follows the Ori ship through and retrieves the 2nd component but they are cut off from the gate and so spend the next 2 seasons searching for the third component while aiding the resistance in building up their forces against the Ori.

Beginning of season 4 and they have all three components. If they just activate it then it will create a temporary barrier between the ascended realm and our own.

The only way to make it permanent is to set off the weapon in Celestis.

Also, the first component is still in MW, so they need to get back in order to retrieve the 1st component.

They spend the first half of season 4 trying to find a way to get to the supergate. They encounter a man (as yet unnamed) who claims to be the scientist who built the first Ori-based power source.

Another season and they manage to build a big enough power source to dial Atlantis (we are now at the middle of season 5).

The 2nd half of season 5 culminates in a massive arc involving gathering ships and soldiers to storm Celestis. They are joined by SG-1 and the series ends with the device being set off in Celestis and Vala sacrificing herself in the process to kill Adria.

The ship itself is destroyed in a kamikaze maneuver (the crew beam away just in time) and the series ends with the same crew in a new ship helping the Ori galaxy recover after the demise of the Ori.

THE END

(can you tell my job is incredibly boring and monotonous?)

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981 View Post
            From my Earlier post I said what if it was like the Dakara weapon but on a much larger scale then I thought what if it does not harm ascended beings in anyway it just causes them to descend to be normal average humans.
            So, Daniel activates Merlin's weapon, and suddenly thousands of naked people begin appearing on planets all over the Milky Way? This would presumably include a naked Anubis and a naked Oma Desala appearing somewhere, locked in a wrestling match... not a pretty picture.
            Last edited by Gilgamesh; 14 October 2006, 06:57 AM.
            --Gilgamesh

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
              I was playing around with some ideas for a fanfic not too long ago and I came up with the following:

That Merlin's weapon infact consists of 3 components, each one hidden in a different galaxy (MW,PG,Ori) in order to prevent anyone but the most committed from finding it.
              Merlin wanted to make absolutely sure that it could not be used unless it was needed.

I had SG-1 retrieving the first component at the end of S10 with a ship being sent to PG where they spend the first season searching for the 2nd component, thinking that there are only 2 pieces.

This ship is equipped with a prototype weapon which will (in theory) be able to punch through Ori shields in a few shots by 'coating' the shields with an opposing energy field which weakens them.

End of first season they get hold of it but while returning it to MW the Ori followers get their hands on it and take it through the Supergate to ensure that we can`t get it back.

The ship follows the Ori ship through and retrieves the 2nd component but they are cut off from the gate and so spend the next 2 seasons searching for the third component while aiding the resistance in building up their forces against the Ori.

Beginning of season 4 and they have all three components. If they just activate it then it will create a temporary barrier between the ascended realm and our own.

The only way to make it permanent is to set off the weapon in Celestis.

Also, the first component is still in MW, so they need to get back in order to retrieve the 1st component.

They spend the first half of season 4 trying to find a way to get to the supergate. They encounter a man (as yet unnamed) who claims to be the scientist who built the first Ori-based power source.

Another season and they manage to build a big enough power source to dial Atlantis (we are now at the middle of season 5).

The 2nd half of season 5 culminates in a massive arc involving gathering ships and soldiers to storm Celestis. They are joined by SG-1 and the series ends with the device being set off in Celestis and Vala sacrificing herself in the process to kill Adria.

The ship itself is destroyed in a kamikaze maneuver (the crew beam away just in time) and the series ends with the same crew in a new ship helping the Ori galaxy recover after the demise of the Ori.

THE END

(can you tell my job is incredibly boring and monotonous?)
              Not so sure about the drawn out timeline. Adria has already given a time estimate of completing the conquest of the Milky Way within one year.
              --Gilgamesh

"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." - Douglas Adams

Comment

Could the weapon not be inside or part of the dragon. So the only way of getting it is to defeat the dragon?

Comment

My own more serious thoughts.

The real orb is sitting exactly where the holographic orb is projected. The fact that your hand passes through the projection is a clue that the real orb is shifted into the same dimension Merlin's research notes machine used, to prevent the orb from being detected and destroyed by an Ascended being.

So the final challenge is to figure out how to shift into the alternate dimension to retrieve the orb, then get yourself back.
                  Last edited by Gilgamesh; 16 October 2006, 07:00 PM.
                  --Gilgamesh

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamesh View Post
                    The final challenge is to figure out how to shift into the alternate dimension to retrieve the orb, then get yourself back.
                    Don't they know how to do that already

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                      Don't they know how to do that already
                      No, they don't. Technically speaking, SG-1 has never known "how" to shift to another dimension, they've just played with toys like the crystal skull or Merlin's research organizer until its battery was drained.

My thinking is there is a device in the orb chamber that will shift you into the proper dimension. All you have to do is solve yet another riddle to find it, and figure out how to operate it, while not getting toasted by the dragon.
                      Last edited by Gilgamesh; 17 October 2006, 07:34 AM.
                      --Gilgamesh

Comment

Yea, I beleive that there is one last test to get the orb, and that SG-1 will be trying to figure out how to use it / what the hell it does for the rest of the season, and possibly find out in the last episode or maybe in he first DVD movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                          Yea, I beleive that there is one last test to get the orb, and that SG-1 will be trying to figure out how to use it / what the hell it does for the rest of the season, and possibly find out in the last episode or maybe in he first DVD movie.
                          maybe!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X