Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memento Mori and the motorcycle scene ....i officially love Mitchell over Jack
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ive actually been happy with the action this season but i do agree that there should be more SGC personel vs Ori warrior stuff. That said, i think we could see some really good action in 'Line in the Sand'.
      sigpic
      By *E*K*R*

Comment

When I watch the show I don't even THINK of anything like this! I don't think "I wish there had been a fight" or similar. Actually, I got somewhat bored of the constant Jaffa battles. I am loving the season so far!

They are focusing on the story and the characters. That's what I have always liked most about the show. I'd rather have 1 character driven episode and see Landry whistle, than 5 action episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by DianaT17
          When I watch the show I don't even THINK of anything like this! I don't think "I wish there had been a fight" or similar. Actually, I got somewhat bored of the constant Jaffa battles. I am loving the season so far!

They are focusing on the story and the characters. That's what I have always liked most about the show. I'd rather have 1 character driven episode and see Landry whistle, than 5 action episodes.
          Agreed! Great post!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I don't know if there's a "lack" of action this season, that implies that something is, er, lacking I think what we do have this season (actually starting from S9) is more mature story telling, grown-up SciFi. As Maxim pointed out, the Ori are a very different sort of enemy. They're more about intellectual/philosophical/mental domination rather than who's got the biggest ***** (sorry, "spaceship")

I'm sorry if people prefer the more shoot 'em up type of SciFi but what we're seeing now is closer the REAL SciFi IMO, asking difficult question and ethical problems. Personally I'd be happy not to see another firefiight/spacebattle again, if it meant we'd continue to get meaty and challenging story lines, but I know that different people look for different things in the show. I've been reading/watching SciFi for over 40 years and although I've always enjoyed Stargate, it alway felt fairly lightwieght in terms of "real" SciFi,with cartoon bad guys and cliched space battles. Now we're getting to what SciFi should really be about...
            ".........an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
            if that means fewer space battles, then so be it

Comment

Originally posted by snarkydaniel
              I don't know if there's a "lack" of action this season, that implies that something is, er, lacking I think what we do have this season (actually starting from S9) is more mature story telling, grown-up SciFi. As Maxim pointed out, the Ori are a very different sort of enemy. They're more about intellectual/philosophical/mental domination rather than who's got the biggest ***** (sorry, "spaceship")

I'm sorry if people prefer the more shoot 'em up type of SciFi but what we're seeing now is closer the REAL SciFi IMO, asking difficult question and ethical problems. Personally I'd be happy not to see another firefiight/spacebattle again, if it meant we'd continue to get meaty and challenging story lines, but I know that different people look for different things in the show. I've been reading/watching SciFi for over 40 years and although I've always enjoyed Stargate, it alway felt fairly lightwieght in terms of "real" SciFi,with cartoon bad guys and cliched space battles. Now we're getting to what SciFi should really be about...
              ".........an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
              if that means fewer space battles, then so be it
              I have never seen SG-1 as a shoot em up. I have always found SG more of a drama. For me SG has the perfect blend of action, drama and comedy. It has plenty of action but it has sooooooooooooooooooooo much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                I have never seen SG-1 as a shoot em up. I have always found SG more of a drama. For me SG has the perfect blend of action, drama and comedy. It has plenty of action but it has sooooooooooooooooooooo much more.
                I couldn't agree with you more. This show has always blended everything well. And that hasn't changed this season.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                  Memento Mori and the motorcycle scene ....i officially love Mitchell over Jack
                  Both Mitchell and Jack are great in their own right.

As for that scene in "Memento Mori" though, that was pretty awesome. Mitchell has so come into his own on the team.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    Both Mitchell and Jack are great in their own right.

As for that scene in "Memento Mori" though, that was pretty awesome. Mitchell has so come into his own on the team.
                    And so has Vala. I am so proud that she is now on SG-1.

Comment

And so has Vala. I am so proud that she is now on SG-1.
                      Yeah, I'm glad they made it official.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Yeah, I'm glad they made it official.
                        I just love her reaction to whats in the box.

Comment

I couldnt agree more!
                          sigpic
                          By *E*K*R*

Comment

Working...
                          X