Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny. A part of my problem with Flesh and Blood is that it seems to explosion oriented that the story got lost in the way. I think had they went for a "quieter" episode rather than the big season opener, the result would have been better - for example, the relatively-little-action filled Avalon 1,2 + ORigin was one of my favourite episodes (fine, three of my favourite episodes...) last year.

Or, to quote Teal'c, "I fail to see why everything in this script must inevitebly explode"
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Part of the other issue....

is that SG1 is now bound by petty earth politics. Woolsey and company.

Comment

I think there has been a lot of action so far this season. Not all close-quarters or hand-to-hand type action, but I think we'll see more of that as the season progresses. Overall though, I'm quite satisfied so far.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i'm also satisfied with the season so far. it's quite good actully. not saying that everything must explode...just one fight with the ori warriors would satisfy me

but it's defenetly one of the better seasons...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
            i'm also satisfied with the season so far. it's quite good actully. not saying that everything must explode...just one fight with the ori warriors would satisfy me

but it's defenetly one of the better seasons...
            I don't have any doubt that we'll see a fight between our side and the Ori Warriors at some point this season. I'm not sure when, but I too am looking forward to seeing it.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I don't have any doubt that we'll see a fight between our side and the Ori Warriors at some point this season. I'm not sure when, but I too am looking forward to seeing it.
              Oh I don't doubt that we will see some fighting between us and the Ori warriors. The action has been great so far and i too am not disapointed and I really loved Flesh and Blood I thought it was great. I think holding off the big fighting between us and the Ori warriors is best to wait till the series finale but some in Quest could be neat too.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                Oh I don't doubt that we will see some fighting between us and the Ori warriors. The action has been great so far and i too am not disapointed and I really loved Flesh and Blood I thought it was great. I think holding off the big fighting between us and the Ori warriors is best to wait till the series finale but some in Quest could be neat too.
                Yeah, I think we'll get some action against them before the finale. But a whole lot more against them as it approaches.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Yeah, I think we'll get some action against them before the finale. But a whole lot more against them as it approaches.
                  Oh yeah. I got a feeling we are in for one Hell of a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
                    story telling is indeed very good but that is not in question here. i also agree that if the story sucks and there is plenty of action it will still suck.

but i was asking you if you think there is a big lack of engagement with ori warriors? there was an engagement with jaffa almost every other ep when goa'ulds were active.
                    Oh, in that case, yes, there is a lack of action between SG-1 and the Ori. Although, the Ori tends to work on people intellectually and psychologically. The Gould were all about domination by force, ego, and arrogance. Frankly, these were not a very intelligent species - more brawn than brain. They were more the sledgehammer effect.

The replicators were just pure destruction. There was no way to battle them except by violence because they couldn't be reasoned with in any way.

The Ori are a very different type of villain, which is why I am enjoying them so much. Yes, they can certainly become violent, but that's not their favorite method of domination. They want to seduce you. They attack your ideologies and your morality. I LOVED the debates that Daniel tends to have with the Priors because it's an intellectual dance, and they way the Ori gain control over populations is usually because they demonstrate "powers" or they do "good" things for the populace. If that doesn't work, their last resort is violence.

I think it's good that the writers invented a very different enemy for SG-1. We've already done the violent, egomanical villains. The Ori are very different, and in my opinion more frightening. I mean, from a realistic point fo view, if the Gould or the replicators came to Earth with their destructive, sledgehammer approaches, the world would rally to defeat them. The Ori, on the other hand, would be seen as "saviors" by many, as "messiahs" by others, and as "good aliens" by even more. It's the quiet, seductive ones that are very dangerous.

Comment

As soon as we see an action scene on foot, the board is gonna be abuzz with cries of ''Cambo!!!'' and ''why did they give Vala a gun??''

Comment

you're right about the seduction thing...indeed they are more dangerous.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think there is not a lot of ground battles anymore in stargate and when there is it looks crap!! But I agree there is more space opera!!
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                            I think there is not a lot of ground battles anymore in stargate and when there is it looks crap!! But I agree there is more space opera!!
                            While I think the action is great as is I would love more ground battles as I think they do a good job with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                              As soon as we see an action scene on foot, the board is gonna be abuzz with cries of ''Cambo!!!'' and ''why did they give Vala a gun??''
                              Every week some people find something to complain about and that will never change. Personally even though I love the action so far I would love a ground battle between the Ori warriors.

Comment

i think the show is doing great....the action is cool and all....just a battle or two missing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X