No announcement yet.

The all inclusive final scene/episode speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, it is the ending that is quite appropriate to the show, imho.

I definitely like Season 10 more than Season 9 and believe the Ori storyline is just hitting its stride. While it's good to know SG-1 will live on through at least the two movies but it won't be the same to not have a full season of SG-1 to look forward to entertain me in its peculiar light hearted, awe inspiring, and sometimes thought provoking way.
    I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

A great ending to a great show.

Comment

Spoilers....................................

I am afraid I cant agree - the episode was essentially crap - Daniels outburst was totally out of character.

Why was Landry aboard in the first place.

Why didnt they keep attacking the Ori ships after downing the first one - their manoeuverability was far superior.

Just looking thru the threads there are dozens of innovative ways they could have got out of their predicament.

The asgard mass suicide idea is a cop out - would all a space faring race be on their home planet - what about the rogue ones we`ve had that before.

There are so many loose ends you could trip over them in this country.

If this is the best the writers can do perhaps its just as well its finishing.

I love the show and Atlantis - I just think they could have finished the episodes a million times better even given the short notice to finish. There is to much for two movies to recover but I`ll watch them in the vain hope they can patch things up.

PS Is Siler related to Sylar lol
        Last edited by Stargreat; 14 March 2007, 09:01 AM. Reason: error
        Gate Polisher Third Class

Comment

I thought it was a great ending.
          I really like Daniel and Vala's relationship evolving and was sad to see that relationship undone.

I can agree somewhat about the Asgard. Their suicide was far too rushed and there wasn't enough time really for audience response and nor did we see much character response afterwards.

I'm very interested to see if we see much of the new technology in the movies
          If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

Spoiler:
          "I miss Thor..."

Baal: He's tiny - have him squeeze through the bars
          Teal'c: Assist us or I will squeeze you through these bars...

Oberoth: Lower your weapons.
          Lt. Col. Sheppard: [not moving] How much lower would you like ‘em?

[Zelenka gives, in Czech, a poetic description of the rising of Atlantis]
          Lt. Ford: You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
          Dr. Zelenka: Security clearance?

Comment

I have a feeling that I know where the third series is going.

Comment

I was so disappointed when I saw the last episode the other day! I have to agree with Stargreat, this was a terrible episode and I'm mortified with the way the series has ended. The way the Asgard basically bowed out without even putting up a fight was a particular blow for me, although I was happy to see Thor in this episode.
              The soppy moments in the episode just didn't seem genuine to me, especially the Vala/Daniel thing. And when oh when are sci fi programs going to stop using time travel as a "get out of jail free" card!
              Lol, sorry for my little rant but I have been a Stargate fan ever since the film and I'm hoping the first of the two movies will restore some of my faith in the franchise, which has gradually been slipping away since season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargreat View Post
                Spoilers....................................

I am afraid I cant agree - the episode was essentially crap - Daniels outburst was totally out of character.

Why was Landry aboard in the first place.

Why didnt they keep attacking the Ori ships after downing the first one - their manoeuverability was far superior.

Just looking thru the threads there are dozens of innovative ways they could have got out of their predicament.

The asgard mass suicide idea is a cop out - would all a space faring race be on their home planet - what about the rogue ones we`ve had that before.

There are so many loose ends you could trip over them in this country.

If this is the best the writers can do perhaps its just as well its finishing.

I love the show and Atlantis - I just think they could have finished the episodes a million times better even given the short notice to finish. There is to much for two movies to recover but I`ll watch them in the vain hope they can patch things up.

PS Is Siler related to Sylar lol
                I would also have to agree, this episode had its little moments, but it was so out of place. This episode seemed like a "filler" episode than anything else. It had really nothing to do with any of the issues presented in the season that dealt with the Ori threat.

I cannot understand why this episode was considered to be the final one in the first place. Besides obtaining the Asgards' library of knowledge and miscellaneous technology, everything in this episode served as a sub-plot. I honestly beleieve this episode was rushed written in order to meet their contractual obligations to SciFi, and get the movies underway.

Plus, you would think that this season would incorporate that little cliffhanger from Ripple Effect, where alternate Col. Mitchell told the original Mitchell, when the time comes, cut the (blue or yellow) wire. I have been waiting to see when that will play into account.

All in all, I was a little disappointed in the series finale, I would have rather seen an episode like "200" be the finale...which if the writers would have known in advance, they probably would have.

Comment

Originally posted by saint27 View Post
                  I have a feeling that I know where the third series is going.
                  Well that was well worth posting.

[/Sarcasm]

Comment

so the Asgard committed mass suicide, but then Tealc went back through time, so the Asgard are still alive in the sg1 universe but facing very imminent extinction? Please dont kill them off we all know they are the best race in the entire history of the show that sg1 has encountered. surely theres some way to save them?

Comment

T went back in time, true, but to a point where
                      Spoiler:
                      the Asgard had already died
                      so in the SG1 universe
                      Spoiler:
                      the Asgard have in fact gone the way of the dodo
                      sigpic
                      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
                        just watched the ending again and your right.

Comment

The episode was good, but that's all. It certainly wasn't the massively profound ending I had hoped for (although the last scene is perfect) - Moebius and Lost City were better as strong story-driven episodes. In my opinion the problem stems from the fact that this isn't really the end...the franchise continues in the movies - and I bet we won't get closure at the end of those - simply an announcement from MGM one day that the funding has been pulled and they won't be making any more.

That post sounds far more bitter than I actually am. Stargate in all its incarnations continues to be great entertainment, and I can't fault something that's given me such extensive entertainment. Can't wait for the movies!...

Comment

I can see why they do this. History of TV shows show that every one of them get canned after 10 to 11 years of airing. The Sci-Fi chanel does owe us a season 11. Bigger and badder enemies. Maybe a complete new team. 10 years on one team is along time. Regular military hitches are only 4 and 6 years long with rotations of duty after a 2, 3 or 5 year stint. Ex- Navy experience there. Allot of books afterwards like Star Wars I can see will be the future.

Comment

just where did Adria go? Ascended to where? I would have loved to see her battle Baal to the finish. I don't like either one very much, since they are wanton butchers.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet View Post
                                just where did Adria go? Ascended to where? I would have loved to see her battle Baal to the finish. I don't like either one very much, since they are wanton butchers.
                                A higher plane of existence.

Comment

Working...
                                X