X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Fumbles McStupid
    So, Chaotic, what was so poor about it?
    everything as it did not even seem like stargate sg1 , i have watched it since the begining and this ep was the worst i have seen to date

Comment

Originally posted by chaotic_uk
      everything as it did not even seem like stargate sg1 , i have watched it since the begining and this ep was the worst i have seen to date
      It was meant to be different. It was just a celebration of 200 episodes for the cast and crew. Worse than "Emancipation", I think not.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Which is what Darren and TPTB should want... people who are actually interested enough in the show to discuss it. It appears ep 200 accomplished that. Love it or hate it, people are definitly talking about it.
        I agree. That is a good thing.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think the creator of this thread forgot about the episode Bane, otherwise they would not have even attempted to claim that 200 was the worst episode of all time.

They aren't even close!! LOL

Ace
          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

that episode was so funny, i laughed so much, I love how the took the piss outta themselves, like at the end when they slagged the whole daniel asscending thing, and the slag off of farscape was class

Comment

The first time I watched it I was kinda iffy about the puppets but after seeing it a second time I found it much funnier. Although I wouldn't have minded that part being a little shorter (but I'm not sure what they could have cut from it) and the Farscape bit a little longer.

I loved this episode! Definitely going to be up in my top 10 of favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                I think the creator of this thread forgot about the episode Bane, otherwise they would not have even attempted to claim that 200 was the worst episode of all time.

They aren't even close!! LOL

Ace
                I think they also forgot about "Enemy Mine".

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

I expected it to be a whole lot funnier and the vignettes to be much longer( with the exception of TEAM AMERICA ( I mean STARGATE) of course.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Isn't it possible that people know perfectly well what the episode was supposed to be like, aren't confused as to the intent, and still think that the episode shouldn't have been like that? That they're not disliking it because of a mistake in understanding, they just don't like it?

I'm just not getting the "if you thought this way, you'd like it" or "you don't like it, because you don't understand that it was supposed to be like this" or "look at it this way, and then you'd like it."
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Garethhall
                      I have just watched the 200th episode, i think it is the worst one EVER! I ts asbolutly CRAP and i see no relevance of how this episode benefits the season! I all so had a look and the poll(reviews) for the episode, I have to qeustion the results so far? I cant and will not beliefe that 2853 voters thought that it is outstanding! This make me think that the results riged.
                      I am a Stargate diehard fan but I am not impressed with this episode

What are your thoughts?
                      Loved it.

To each his own, I guess.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        Isn't it possible that people know perfectly well what the episode was supposed to be like, aren't confused as to the intent, and still think that the episode shouldn't have been like that? That they're not disliking it because of a mistake in understanding, they just don't like it?

I'm just not getting the "if you thought this way, you'd like it" or "you don't like it, because you don't understand that it was supposed to be like this" or "look at it this way, and then you'd like it."
                        Stop making sense!

I thought it was great & I did have the "it's not a serious ep" attitude going into watching it & was PMSL for most of it. That said there were some flat parts & it wasn't perfect - I can see people with a different sense of humor "getting it" yet hating it anyway - getting it & disliking it aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis7
                          I was disappointed with the 200th episode ,expected more and not just a joke!
                          disappointment for me as well. I expected it to be funny, but it wasn't really even that. It was dry. Very dry. even the wedding scene was dry. scenes: wizard of oz was dry. farscape was dry. star trek was dry. young versions were dry. pretty much all the scenes were dry. and the last time thing at the beginning with the furlings should have been explained. I'm guessing that was what the Classified mission report was about. Failing to save the furlings and in the end the planet blowing up.

EDIT: But, I expect Counterstrike to be interesting.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
                            You had to go into this episode knowing that it was a fantasy... it might as well have ended with Mitchell waking up and saying "wow... what a freaky dream!". If you didn't have an open mind and didn't realise that this was nothing more than a day at the funfair for writers and fans, you were doomed to hate it.
                            Well put. If you didnt go into this episode realizing that it was a fantasy then you would be disapointed. IMO this episode was just what they set out to do. Make a episode to pay homeage to SG-1 and the fans. It did it perfectly and was a great distraction not only from everyday life here in reality but from all the conflict our favorite characters have been through recently. Greened you!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Okay. To those of you that are hating the show simply because of the fact that it does not fit into the continuity of the show, think about this.

If you were a writer, and you thought, what would the fans want for a 200th episode? Well probably the biggest explosions and a colossal space battle with the best SG-1 has to offer. Well, crap, the Ori just got into the galaxy and they still kick our butts up and down and into hyperspace. We are not prepared to do that. Well then let's make a funny episode that will just be irreverant and make everyone laugh and have a good time. Sounds great. Start writing.

If the 200th episode happen to fall on the time of a season premiere or finale, I could understand you all being upset. However, we are in the early part of a season where the enemy stilll have a massive advantage over SG-1. Anything awesome and big or huge defeat to the Ori would seem completely ridiculous and would piss you off more than the current 200th did apparently.

Just put yourself in the writers shoes before you make fun of what they thought. They have been doing this for 10 years. They MAY know what they're doing.

<mod snip. Read back to the part where i said to NOT take exception with peoples' opinions on a personal level.>
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 20 August 2006, 05:46 PM.
                              Thor: Your mind has been interfaced with the Daniel Jackson.
                              Jack: What?
                              Daniel: What?!?

Comment

Originally posted by The DJ
                                Okay. To those of you that are hating the show simply because of the fact that it does not fit into the continuity of the show, think about this.

If you were a writer, and you thought, what would the fans want for a 200th episode? Well probably the biggest explosions and a colossal space battle with the best SG-1 has to offer. Well, crap, the Ori just got into the galaxy and they still kick our butts up and down and into hyperspace. We are not prepared to do that. Well then let's make a funny episode that will just be irreverant and make everyone laugh and have a good time. Sounds great. Start writing.

If the 200th episode happen to fall on the time of a season premiere or finale, I could understand you all being upset. However, we are in the early part of a season where the enemy stilll have a massive advantage over SG-1. Anything awesome and big or huge defeat to the Ori would seem completely ridiculous and would piss you off more than the current 200th did apparently.

Just put yourself in the writers shoes before you make fun of what they thought. They have been doing this for 10 years. They MAY know what they're doing.

<snipped>
                                Thank you for making my point so well! GREEN!
                                Last edited by Skydiver; 20 August 2006, 05:47 PM.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X