X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    tsk tsk

There you go trying to be rational and reasonable again.

I know. I'm seeking help for that.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Dani, if you're a puppet who's holding the strings?
    I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

You know, your post title is absolutely right- '200' is the 200th worst SG-1 episode ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
        To be fair Paradox - worst episode ever is just as subjective -
        never said it wasn't. (in fact, i never said it.) but it's an opinion, not an attack. i see a difference between someone saying, "ok [you can think that], but there WAS this good thing." and "it wasn't great". the first implies to me, "ok, you can dislike it, but you HAVE to admit this was good". the second says "i didn't like it". i think we're on the same page now though. i'll watch my IMOs more closely
        Too true!! Nice to see the old crew together!! - So theres a positive!!
        yep. not funny, but good. i think i mentioned it in my first post.
        Good is just as subjective too - i think the SG writers in this case were going for something different and its obvious that its split people down the middle.
        i guess i could see that, if they didn't already have a history of 'spitting in our (antis) faces'. i'm not trying to say that it's not subjective. of course it is. i just see a difference between saying how i see something, and saying "i don't mean to dismiss your feelings, but you must have some kind of problem if you didn't find at least one thing funny". that to me is an attack, not a disagreement.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
          But I was expecting more - a plot perhaps, silly, silly me. I don't consider this as part of canon.
          You're probably correct. I don't think it was meant to be part of canon. It's an episode that can easily be ignored without effecting anything on the show.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Wasn't the worst episode, but certainly not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
              "i don't mean to dismiss your feelings, but you must have some kind of problem if you didn't find at least one thing funny". that to me is an attack, not a disagreement.
              I never said you had a problem, im not attacking you, i never attack anyone on this board - quit being so sensitive - i was using levity - as you said you didn't find anything funny, i found it hard to believe is all, you named the thread 200th worst episode ever, you have to admit your going to get strong reactions and healthy debate - why not call it "WAS THE 200th EP THE WORST EVER?" - by calling it 200th the worst ep ever is dictating. Im not having a go - so please dont have a go at me - i apologise if it was a bit off the cuff
              Last edited by Poseidon; 20 August 2006, 08:50 AM.
              Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

I never said you had a problem, im not attacking you, i never attack anyone on this board - quit being so sensitive - i was using levity - as you said you didn't find anything funny, i found it hard to believe is all, you named the thread 200th worst episode ever, you have to admit your going to get strong reactions and healthy debate - why not call it "WAS THE 200th EP THE WORST EVER?" - by calling it 200th the worst ep ever is dictating. Im not having a go - so please dont have a go at me - i apologise if it was a bit off the cuff
                i didn't make this thread. ??
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Sincere apologies paradox
                  Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

I really thought this episode would suck, i spent all week dreading it, thinking it would get SG1 cancelled or something dire and extreme. I put off watching it till today and when i did i was really pleasantly suprised at how good it was It wasnt the best episode, nor a top 10-20 but it was definately on par with the level of entertainment SG1 usually delivers. There have been better and worse eps but at the end of the day every ep of SG1 has been *pretty* good or at least alright.

Im glad to see it got at least a 50% rating of 10, i only voted it an 8 as im not one to say every episode is a 10 regardless i call em as i see um. But yay, im hopefull for a season 11+ because i think theres life in the old dog yet! New story, new cast members. Its all gravy people! Enjoy!!!!

Comment

It was not that bad, some moments were very funny. But a little more plot would have been great. The could have cut out the hole team america part, it was way too long and not funny at all.

Comment

The thing is that once in a while you need to take a break from the norm and do something differet. The 200th ep may not have been condusive to the plot line, but who cares, it's good to just have fun once in a while and laugh at all the things past.

Comment

Originally posted by uscgnic
                          The thing is that once in a while you need to take a break from the norm and do something differet. The 200th ep may not have been condusive to the plot line, but who cares, it's good to just have fun once in a while and laugh at all the things past.
                          Exactly! And besides, that's what this episode was all about. It was advertised that way. People who don't realize that must have missed something.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have to agree & go with the minority hated this ep. The only things that even remotely made my lip curl to anything that could be classed as a smile was the puppet hammond & the spinning gate, plus the Asgard with the tache.

The rest of it wqas utter tripe, the funny thing though was that I actually quite liked wormhole x-treme & so was actually looking forward to this ep. I expect the viewing figs to be well over the 2 mil mark, however after this ep. I severely expect it to go straight back down again.

The Furling crap set the standard for the whole ep & if this is the best they can do is accomplish for such a milestone...Then god help us.

The biggest drawback was too many stupid stories, they should have cut the number down & gave each story more time for each character. Such as the Mitchell with the Zombie scene etc.

Comment

The way the title of the thread reads is out of the 200 eps this was number 200 in a list of *worst* eps. So, it could read the least worst of the top 200 worst eps.

I personally loved the ep.

Comment

You had to go into this episode knowing that it was a fantasy... it might as well have ended with Mitchell waking up and saying "wow... what a freaky dream!". If you didn't have an open mind and didn't realise that this was nothing more than a day at the funfair for writers and fans, you were doomed to hate it.
                                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Working...
                                X