Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, are we now going to have "pro" and "anti" threads for each episode? Why open a thread to say you thought an ep sucked? That is what the episode threads are for - to voice your opinion about the episode.

Moderators?

Anyway, everybody is entitled to an opinion. From what I have read, most people enjoyed 200. I surely did. This episode was intended as a fun celebration of 10 years. It was announced by tptb way ahead of time that this would be a departure and "out of the box". It's just one episode out of 200 and they wanted to have fun and for the fans to have fun watching it. I think they succeeded...for most people anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler
      So, are we now going to have "pro" and "anti" threads for each episode? Why open a thread to say you thought an ep sucked? That is what the episode threads are for - to voice your opinion about the episode.

Moderators?

Anyway, everybody is entitled to an opinion. From what I have read, most people enjoyed 200. I surely did. This episode was intended as a fun celebration of 10 years. It was announced by tptb way ahead of time that this would be a departure and "out of the box". It's just one episode out of 200 and they wanted to have fun and for the fans to have fun watching it. I think they succeeded...for most people anyway.
      That is a great idea. I loved this episode as I knew ahead of time that it would be away from the norm and I loved it. TPTB can sure do odd things in a good way and make it interesting.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Personally, I liked 200. I won't call it the best episode of SG-1, but it had several funny moments. However, I already said my view of the episode thread, and perhaps this conversation is better reserved for that part of the forum.

Besides, 200 can't be worse than The Other Guys, Avenger 2.0, and Ripple Effect: My list of please don't make me watch them again episodes.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by GateTraveler

Moderators?

Well put!!

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity

And you're not even a good puppet, considering that you admitted it! Now I'll have to get another one to do my dastardly deeds.
            *hangs cloth head in shame*
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
              Personally, I liked 200. I won't call it the best episode of SG-1, but it had several funny moments. However, I already said my view of the episode thread, and perhaps this conversation is better reserved for that part of the forum.

Besides, 200 can't be worse than The Other Guys, Avenger 2.0, and Ripple Effect: My list of please don't make me watch them again episodes.
              I agree that it wasn't the best but IMHO it still gets a 10/10, and I loved the three episodes you mentioned btw.

Comment

I hate some episodes mentioned here. Love some episodes. Am ambivalent towards some episodes.

I also don't think you really have to have been a long time fan to get most of the jokes (getting a joke and finding them funny are two different things). Like beaming the characters out of impossible situations. if you haven't watched the show, you may not know this is a complaint about Stargate but it seems to me you can figure out that beaming out is extremely convienant. Also not showing the escape, especially since there was a scenario where an escape wasn't shown.

I'm guessing the actual send ups of other shows are the ones that would need some reference. You'd have to at least know the basics of Farscape (at least that BB and CB were in it, and it would help to know that some people think BB and MS look alike). Also The Wizard of Oz (who doesn't know about that?) and something of the Stargate history to recognize the replacement of a fair haired Tok'ra for Glinda and an Ascended Being for Oz. And, Star Trek (although, again, who doesn't have at least a passing knowledge?). All the rest could have been shots at any poorly thought out show.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I personally enjoyed it, the lack of actual stuff getting done in the episode really didn't bother me, but the humor was terribly well done. Plus it had RDA again!! If your major complaint was that one of the few episodes with Jack lacked any serious "stuff-getting-done" you still have some other episodes this season to look forward to.
                  RDA is my hero!

Comment

"make it spin."

'nuff said. roflmao

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
                    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Well.... why I didn't enjoy it all that much, but it did make me laugh in some areas,,, certainly not the worst ep I have seen from Stargate.
                      It's all personal opinion I spose.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcreaver
                        I personally enjoyed it, the lack of actual stuff getting done in the episode really didn't bother me, but the humor was terribly well done. Plus it had RDA again!! If your major complaint was that one of the few episodes with Jack lacked any serious "stuff-getting-done" you still have some other episodes this season to look forward to.
                        Me either. That wasn't the point of the show. It was to celebrate not only 10 years but the 200th episode. Very well done.

Comment

I thought it was pretty good . Granted there were a few things that bothered me, such as the S/J wedding being fake or us not really seeing the Furlings. But overall I liked it, and even if I hadn't, it still would not have surpassed "Avatar" as the worst episode in my book.

Comment

I absolutely loved "200". It was supposed to be crazy and off-the-wall. That's how they advertised it, and that's what people should have expected. I'm sorry some didn't like it, but I laughed pretty much through the entire thing.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I absolutely loved "200". It was supposed to be crazy and off-the-wall. That's how they advertised it, and that's what people should have expected. I'm sorry some didn't like it, but I laughed pretty much through the entire thing.
                              I did too. I loved the Team America thing, and really loved the Invisible sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                                I did too. I loved the Team America thing, and really loved the Invisible sequence.
                                Those were great scenes. Being a Farscape fan, I loved that little skit too.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X