No announcement yet.

Would you want to take the "indeed" challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you all know, im currently now on season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
      I cana't even remember to look for the pineapple much less pay close enough attention and count INDEEDs. I am sure someone will do it though, I have faith in my stargate fans.
      What pineapple?

Comment

A particular director (can't remember which one) always makes sure there is a pineapple in shot on his episodes. One example is the teaser of Gemini. Right at the start, as Sam and Daniel walk down the corridor, they pass someone wheeling a catering trolley past them, which has a pineapple on it.

Others will probably have more examples - I don't tend to pay too much attention to that kind of thing, so I'm not that up on it.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Llyrellin
          Of course, if you did the linux one, it would also come back with all the times any character says 'indeed', so you would have to copy/paste just Tealc's lines....
          How many other characters can you think of that have *ever* said Indeed?

It might be off by two or three...

What we really need to do is split it up - if everybody watched one or two episodes, we'd probably get it done.

Comment

I used terminal in OS X to search through transcripts of seasons 1-9 for "indeed" and "Indeed"

indeed showed up 62 times
            Indeed showed up 110 times

for a total of 172 times

(as mentioned, this would include any time the word indeed is used, not just when teal'c says it, but that doesn't happen often so teal'c has said indeed a little less that 172 times)

Comment

sam said 'indeed' once in space race

a friend of mine counted using word's search of the transcripts and he came up with 133.

this was just times that 'indeed' was used alone not as part of sentence such as 'that will indeed be a difficult task' or something similar.

I think the pineapple gag is Gerity's. i know that PdL used to cameo himself in eps he directed, so did Martin Wood (his character is Major Wood )

when martin would cameo himself, he'd usually be paired iwth Siler and his wrench..which they finally made him stop using since it kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger until it was just getting really silly
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Link
                for a total of 172 times
                Wow, that's it? I would have expected more.

Welcome to GateWorld, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Link
                  I used terminal in OS X to search through transcripts of seasons 1-9 for "indeed" and "Indeed"

indeed showed up 62 times
                  Indeed showed up 110 times

for a total of 172 times

(as mentioned, this would include any time the word indeed is used, not just when teal'c says it, but that doesn't happen often so teal'c has said indeed a little less that 172 times)
                  So, for Teal'c, less than one "Indeed/indeed" per ep.

That makes more sense, to me. Someone estimated that he said the word abt eight times per episode, but Teal'c rarely utters more than eight words per ep.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

hehe that was me, im going to scale back my estimate to twice per episode.
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Here are my thought what if a group of people whom had the time and did count hom many times Teal'c said indeed. Have diffrent people cover diffrent season so you could have a total of 18 people 2 people pers season and the job would not take that long. I say two people rather then 9 bc two minds are better then one. Now this is a task for no normal fan I'm thinking people who are really into the show and whould like a good laugh.
                      May the force be with you

Comment

I can start with the Episode right after "emancipation" in S1. I'll miss Friday's eps because I am [hopefully] going camping.
                        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                        Zatnikitelman

Comment

Im almost done counting up all the "Indeed"s, im currently on season 9.

Comment

Indeed <-- CLICK!

Anyway, it's much easier if we divide it up. 200 people. Each person gets one episode. Or 100 people, each with 2 or 5, each with 4. And then someone can take the 201st episode.

And we'll be done within a day.

Comment

wow you guys are really taking this challenge ... wake me up when you have done counting ... good luck

Comment

I'm searching through scripts and there were none in the first season. The first one I found was in Tok'ra 1, then one in Holiday, another in One False Step, and one in Show & Tell for a total of 4 in S2. The next one doesn't appear until Deamons, when it finally is said alone in a sentence. The same with Rules of Engagement. He then takes a break until the end of Shades of Grey. Chrystal Skull and Nemisis both have one for 5 in S3.

I think I'll take a break now. Through the first 3 seasons, Teal'c said "Indeed" 9 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X