Would you want to take the "indeed" challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan091
    In the feature before the episode 200, when they were interviewing Christopher Judge and he was talking about the Indeed count... has anyone actually counted that lol?

I thought that was pretty funny and just wanted to know if there was an actual count out there somewhere?
    Haha! I know it isn't as high as 20,000, but I'm guessing Teal'c has said it at least 200 times.
    : Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them.
    : I shall attempt to translate one, O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's…nose drips.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan091
      In the feature before the episode 200, when they were interviewing Christopher Judge and he was talking about the Indeed count... has anyone actually counted that lol?

I thought that was pretty funny and just wanted to know if there was an actual count out there somewhere?
      this has already been done use search http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33471
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Im already taking the challenge, im on episode 11 of season 1, im going to watch EVERY episode. I have seasons 1-8 on dvd and seasons 9 and 10 on vhs. It will take me a couple days but im doing it. Actually on one of the stargate myspace groups im in they have a poll going to see who can guess closest to the actual times "Indeed" has been said.

Comment

Hm... I was going to rewatch the entire series again anyway... Might as well...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

download the transcripts for every ep and run the following command on a linux or unix system:

echo ((cat *.transcript | grep indeed | wc -l) + (cat *.transcript | grep Indeed | wc -l))

(case sensitive so 2 greps)
            and it'll give you a nice numerical answer

(i think thats right anyway, assuming you have the file extension .transcript)

Comment

Good one, genome, I was about to suggest the same thing . But for people who don't 'do' linux, you can copy/paste the eps to word and do an easy "replace w/" search, then tally all the times he says it.
              Of course, if you did the linux one, it would also come back with all the times any character says 'indeed', so you would have to copy/paste just Tealc's lines....
              both of which would take quite some time, although not as much as watching the whole thing again.
              But whatever floats your boat .

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

how about:

echo ((cat *.transcript | grep indeed |grep "teal'c: \"" | wc -l) + (cat *.transcript | grep Indeed |grep "teal'c: \"" | wc -l))

its been a while since i touched linux for anything other than uni work

Comment

Theres no real fun or challenge in downloading transcripts so why do it. Im going to watch each and every episode, otherwise its just cheating.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't done linux in about four years - and I never was any good at the whole comp sci thing, so myeh. But that looks good - you get a green for ingenuity in my book .

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Aren't the transcripts in "stageplay" form where they say something like
                      TEALC: .........Indeed............ Isn't there some way of coding just so it picks up on Teal'c's lines only? 'c then 's is that proper english?
                      When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                      Zatnikitelman

Comment

once every ep he was in
                        A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Or you coud get the scripts and do the find option for "indeed" and you'll see how many on every episode. (Only Teal'c says "indeed")
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by genome
                            download the transcripts for every ep and run the following command on a linux or unix system:

echo ((cat *.transcript | grep indeed | wc -l) + (cat *.transcript | grep Indeed | wc -l))

(case sensitive so 2 greps)
                            and it'll give you a nice numerical answer

(i think thats right anyway, assuming you have the file extension .transcript)
                            Can't you use regeces in grep? And isn't there also a "make this search case-sensitive" option?
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

Count me out of this challenge. As much as I love the show, ten seasons in only a few days would make me head explode. That and I still want to love the show when I'm done.

If I were to count each "Indeed" Teal'c said, it wouldn't be funny anymore. I can see people freaking out if they missed one in episode 414 and protests if Teal'c doesn't say it during one week of Season 10. I perfer to simply laugh or smirk when I hear him say it.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

While I personally might not be up for this challenge, I think we can rest assured that someone will be. Sooner or later, this thread will resurface, with an accurate number on "indeeds".
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X