Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG can't simply blow up a supergate - WTF?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah just thinking about it didn't a ka~~whoosh kill a Ori ship?
    nice idea you guys got there

Comment

Originally posted by Watt
      ka~~whoosh
      I love Stargate technical terminology, I'm gonna be watching lots of DVDs when it goes off the air
      Frak! --Apollo
      Frak you. --Cain
      FRAK Me! --Kat
      frakwit! --Tyrol
      B*tch took my ride. --Starbuck

Comment

@ mappalazarou

That's such a cool picture in your signature. Where did you get that picture if you don't mind my asking? (If you are even still reading this thread)
        They figured he was a lazy, time-wasting slacker. They were right.

Comment

another idea: notice how asgard beaming tech also works on stargates? I recall this episode where some guy used it to steal several of them - which mean stargates can be "disintegrated". Perhaps they could use this on one of the wedges of the supergate

Comment

From what I can recall:

Gates DEFINITELY destroyed:
            Exodus - Gate thrown into sun. Lasted just long enough to cause supernova.
            Redemption, Part 2 - Gate overloaded and explodes several million miles from Earth.

DHDs destroyed:
            48 Hours - Hit by Tanith's Alkesh
            Torment of Tantalus - Falls in the ocean

Unknown:
            Inferno - Don`t know if DHD was destroyed or the Stargate (or both)
            Beachead - Don`t know if Stargate was destroyed after the Supergate pieces had come through. Most likely destroyed by black hole forming.
            Full Circle - Don`t know if this gate was destroyed or buried. I would vote for buried.

Anyone got any others?

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1
              From what I can recall:

Gates DEFINITELY destroyed:
              Exodus - Gate thrown into sun. Lasted just long enough to cause supernova.
              Redemption, Part 2 - Gate overloaded and explodes several million miles from Earth.
              There was also a third one, and this one was apparently destroyed by firepower:

season 5 episode 9 (Between 2 fires)

when the goauld (now equiped with new shields resistant to the ion cannons) attack Tollana. Back on Earth SG receives a tollan signal - it's Nerim who informs them that survivors are attempting to flee (then the signal is lost). But the first thing he says is that the stargate was destroyed.

Comment

The Nox helped them build that one though.

Comment

Working...
                X