Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Moros retain ALL his ascended knowledge and many powers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To my knowledge Orlin has been the only one to descend and have the 'losing all the knowledge' effect.

Seems to me it was a bit of a cop-out by the part of the writers, otherwise Orlin would simply be far too powerful an ally.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      When Orlin descended in The Fourth Horseman he slowly lost his memories over the span of a few days. Merlin would have had the same problem, unless he had a way to restore his knowledge.

Perhaps the Repository of Ancient Knowledge that downloaded the ancient's knowledge into O'Neill's head was actually Merlin's backups copies of his ascended knowledge.
      Anytime Merlin started to forget things, he'd stick his head in the repository and come out remembering everything.
      Thats possible. We know that Merlin did alot of things that were not approved by the Lanteans so its possible he found dome way around it. By the way wasnt Moros in Before I Sleep?
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think he was the first to go this route and be bad with it. Therefore screwing it up for everybody.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
          By the way wasnt Moros in Before I Sleep?
          Yes it was. fact also supported in TPP by Morgan Le Fay.
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by principia
            It seems no other ancient was able to do this?
            Easy. He was the first to do so. The other ancients then kept everyone else from doing the same since Merlin cheated. That's why Orlin couldn't. They wouldn't let anyone else do that.

Perhaps the Repository of Ancient Knowledge that downloaded the ancient's knowledge into O'Neill's head was actually Merlin's backups copies of his ascended knowledge.

Anytime Merlin started to forget things, he'd stick his head in the repository and come out remembering everything.[/quote]
            Merlin had the ascended knowledge, not the repository knowledge. The repository didn't hold the ascended knowledge.. unless merlin created them.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

So where is Merlin today? Did he reascend a final time after his completion of the weapon, or did he just die somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                Easy. He was the first to do so. The other ancients then kept everyone else from doing the same since Merlin cheated. That's why Orlin couldn't. They wouldn't let anyone else do that.

Anytime Merlin started to forget things, he'd stick his head in the repository and come out remembering everything.
                Merlin had the ascended knowledge, not the repository knowledge. The repository didn't hold the ascended knowledge.. unless merlin created them.[/QUOTE]
                Thats a good point. Merlin could have created the repository.That would explain alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan
                  So where is Merlin today? Did he reascend a final time after his completion of the weapon, or did he just die somewhere?
                  Good question. One we don't currently have the answer to. However, we may still find out by the time this is all over.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    Good question. One we don't currently have the answer to. However, we may still find out by the time this is all over.
                    That is a good question and I'm going to pose one as well. What if he did reascend, and he was watching the whole thing in Atlantis's holo room. He let Morgan subtlety give the location the when she was about to reveal all HE pulled her out?

Comment

That is a good question and I'm going to pose one as well. What if he did reascend, and he was watching the whole thing in Atlantis's holo room. He let Morgan subtlety give the location the when she was about to reveal all HE pulled her out?
                      Why would he do that? Why wouldn't he want SG-1 to find it to destroy the Ori? I think the "others" stopped her, not him.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Why would he do that? Why wouldn't he want SG-1 to find it to destroy the Ori? I think the "others" stopped her, not him.
                        Because if he reascended it's been thousands of years. The "Others" probably brought him around to their way of thinking after his "betrayal".

Comment

Merlin had the ascended knowledge, not the repository knowledge. The repository didn't hold the ascended knowledge.. unless merlin created them.
                          Thats a good point. Merlin could have created the repository.That would explain alot.[/QUOTE]

I think this is a great thought, but I don't think it will happen because it would open up a potential plot hole. Remember the Asgard said that they have looked into the repository of knowledge, and learned much. They have been studying for as long as they can remember, and have barely scratched the surface. To me this means that the ascension knowledge cannot be there, since the Asgard would be way more advanced than they are. IMO anyway. I still like this thought though.
                          You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

morgan said most of his ascended knowledge. perhaps all on how to create the weapon plus some others
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

They extracted a small portion. That doesn't mean that they looked into it.

Also, they barely scratched the surface, meaning ascension knowledge COULD be in there, they just haven't found it yet.

Comment

I'm willing to bet Merlin is dead. Once he descended, he spent his time with Arthur et al. and therefore, no time to meditate and reascend. We know that to ascend, you need to a) meditate for a long time or b) die and have one of the Ancients (like Oma) help ascend you. I don't think the Ancients helped him reascend after because of what he did.
                                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                                X