Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1005 "UNINVITED" - A new episode, and thus new plotholes.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

well, ok canon holes
      Spoiler:

jack's cabin has always been in minnesota, but all of a sudden it's been transplanted into silver springs colorado. same identitical cabin, just four states and a 1000 miles away

barrett being un-brainwashed and back to work in a week. given the magnitude of his job i can't see them ever trusting him again.

I think this is more of a nit than a plot hole

those dang buff boots. dude, if you wear green you wear black boots, not desert boots. can they not even afford some blackspray paint to at least make them LOOK like black leather

cam and landry traipsing around a forest full of elk hunters and NOT wearing orange???? Do they wanna die?

Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Flesh and Blood:
        -Why didn't the Odyssey ring a Mk9 onto one of the Ori ships, no matter what, it would've detonated becuase of tampering.( on Beachhead, Mitchell told the prior that if he tried to attempt to deactivate it in any way, would explode immediately.)
        -Why did Vala stop Daniel from killing Adria and Tomin?

Morpheus:
        -What were Woosley's sexual advances?
        -What was Vala asked during the psychiatric evaluation?
        -How many more living creatures are there on Vagambrei?

TPP
        -Why didn't they ask for the location of a mint condition ancient warship or 2? That would not have made a difference. At least the locations of a few ZPMs.
        -How much shield damage did the blasts take from the Ori ship.
        -How fast was the Odyssey when it speed past the gate?
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I missed this part, but someone mentioned that during the talk between Cam and Landry, Cam is now some how an ex special forces There is just no waaaaaay!

Also I've heard that Generals don't play cards with their 'men'
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            I missed this part, but someone mentioned that during the talk between Cam and Landry, Cam is now some how an ex special forces There is just no waaaaaay!

they do when the writer is Damian and he's obviouslyhomaging next generation and their poker games

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
              1004 "INSIDERS":
              Spoiler:
              1) Why does Sam have access to a list which she doesn't need to have access to?
              2) And why is that, important, list accessable from every terminal inside the SG-C when that list should only be accessible form the controlroom?
              3) Why weren't the guards and invasion teams equiped with symbiot poison grenades?
              4) Why was Barrett's keycard capable of opening Ba'al's celldoor when he wasn't authorized to be near Ba'al?
              5) there is NO WAY IN HADES an alkash will crash in colorado and not be on the internet within half an hour. not with an air force base, air force academy, army base, local air port, international airport 70 miles away and a quarter million people living in the city (or so, not quite sure what colorado springs' population is)
              6) how about barrett even keeping his gun?? most military bases have you secure y our weapon, only thier guards get to stay armed
              7) no one was monitoring the data transfer? how come the lan lines weren't cut off from the main frame as soon as they lost control of the area
              8) I think the courts-martial should start with Landry, for stupidity in not locking down the mountain, and making Ba'al's passage more difficult. Also for not locking out Sam's access codes once she was comprimised and captured.
              9) the SF's for allowing an armed Barrett into seeing the prisoner (um what is Security for!!!!)
              10) If Landry had done his job right (in which Sam would think he did) then using her password shouldn't have worked and she could have used her computer skills to give a corrupted file to Ba'al and save the hostages!
              11) The locator beacons should have been removed as soon as they identified them. Basic security procedure.
              12) When did the symbiote poison not become immediately effective? Remember the tiny amount aniel had to take out the summit meeting? (Addition by LaCroix: Line from Summit: JACOB: More than you know. There's enough material in that vial to kill every Tok'ra on this base twice over.)
              13) Why was an on probation civilian (Vala) leading a team of SFs?
              14) Why did Sam give in so easily to Ba'al, she's been through a lot worse and didn't give in then.
              15) What were all Ba'als doing on 1 single level, clearly this is a security hazard.
              16) Why wasn't Ba'al cuffed? Since it's normal to handcuff captured enemies, especially a Goa'uld, to prevent them from taking weapons etc..
              Just out of simply curiousity, but
              Spoiler:
              When they were first in the interrogation room with Ba'al they were discussing the Dakara device like nothing (as in they weren't trying to tell him it was destroyed). Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I could have sworn that in "Threads" the SGC was practically demanding that the Jaffa Council destroy it. Also, I'm pretty sure they eventually agreed.

So if anyone could help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                And there are damned good reasons for that: As a general you send men into battle knowing they might die, the last thing you want is to get overly friendly with your men because it makes your decisions less objective and when they do die you are affected by it. It is as Joseph Stalin said: "One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic."
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  well, ok canon holes
                  jack's cabin has always been in minnesota, but all of a sudden it's been transplanted into silver springs colorado. same identitical cabin, just four states and a 1000 miles away
                  2 cabins.

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn
                  Flesh and Blood:
                  -Why didn't the Odyssey ring a Mk9 onto one of the Ori ships, no matter what, it would've detonated becuase of tampering.( on Beachhead, Mitchell told the prior that if he tried to attempt to deactivate it in any way, would explode immediately.)
                  We don't know what the Ori people did to the bombs. They could've never materialized on the ring platform in the first place.

Morpheus:
                  -What were Woosley's sexual advances?
                  Vala was obviously making fun of him by saying that.

-What was Vala asked during the psychiatric evaluation?
                  -How many more living creatures are there on Vagambrei?
                  How are those plotholes?

TPP
                  -Why didn't they ask for the location of a mint condition ancient warship or 2? That would not have made a difference. At least the locations of a few ZPMs.
                  Morgan probably wouldn't have told him, and of course, Morgan's hologram was used for teaching kids.

-How much shield damage did the blasts take from the Ori ship.
                  -How fast was the Odyssey when it speed past the gate?
                  Ok, you're not getting the point of this thread.

Comment

two cabins that are identitical on the outside?

sigpic

Comment

It's a cabin.

Comment

1004 "INSIDERS": 1) Why does Sam have access to a list which she doesn't need to have access to? We dont need to go thru the gate but we do. Sam and Mitchell are next in lin in the chain of command of the SGC. She creates many if not most of the programs... that isnt a plothole, that is a question...

2) And why is that, important, list accessable from every terminal inside the SG-C when that list should only be accessible form the controlroom? There is an access code so that onyl authorized personal can access it... and that way they can access it withotu getting i nthe wya of others. Most of the SGC and Atlantis are on a Network, so they dont have to haul cd's and hard drives to each computer to get work done. Common Sense... Once again this is no plothole.

3) Why weren't the guards and invasion teams equiped with symbiot poison grenades? Which ones? the ones collect Baals or all of them? Ones collecting Baals because they wanted him alive for any information and to find the real one, and after they captured them they had no reason to kill them after they found out they werent real ones. All in general? because thee are Free Jaffa that have symbiotes... and thats called Genocide... Not a plot hole..

4) Why was Barrett's keycard capable of opening Ba'al's celldoor when he wasn't authorized to be near Ba'al?
                        He used the gaurds... Not a plothole...

5) there is NO WAY IN HADES an alkash will crash in colorado and not be on the internet within half an hour. not with an air force base, air force academy, army base, local air port, international airport 70 miles away and a quarter million people living in the city (or so, not quite sure what colorado springs' population is) They evacuated the Area completely theres a chance somebody seen it. and all they gotta do, is say it was a test plane that crashed because no body would of had a clear look at it..

6) how about barrett even keeping his gun?? most military bases have you secure y our weapon, only thier guards get to stay armed
                        He's NID, Government Agent, SG1 arent gaurds and they get to carry around guns when they want.. but they dont.. Most Agents carry a pistol on them at all times, and they dont expect a government agent to get brainwashed... They also didn't expect him to break protocol and carry it into the cell.. but he's brainwashed...

7) no one was monitoring the data transfer? how come the lan lines weren't cut off from the main frame as soon as they lost control of the area
                        They believed he had no way to escape, they had no idea he intended to do that, and... They probably were more focused on spreading the symbiot poison, and recapturing the area, rather than monitor a file...

8) I think the courts-martial should start with Landry, for stupidity in not locking down the mountain, and making Ba'al's passage more difficult. Also for not locking out Sam's access codes once she was comprimised and captured.
                        He ordered a lockdown.... Baal beamed out.... They didn't know or think they would use Carter to access the database, because they believed Baal had no way out, they probably beleived the Baals would use her to bargain..

9) the SF's for allowing an armed Barrett into seeing the prisoner (um what is Security for!!!!)
                        Security is to make sure the prisoner gets out. Barret, didn't reveal he had a weapon, he was brainwashed, and the gaurd assumed he would had done the protocol and followed orders of the agent.

10) If Landry had done his job right (in which Sam would think he did) then using her password shouldn't have worked and she could have used her computer skills to give a corrupted file to Ba'al and save the hostages!
                        Baal watched her, she had no time to create a fake file or corrupt the one she had without corrupting it for the SGC. Baal would of killed the hostages, and beamed out... I dont understand " (inwhich Sam would think he did)... they Didnt think he would access the computer...Stop repeating he should of locked out... I've yet to find a plothole..

11) The locator beacons should have been removed as soon as they identified them. Basic security procedure.
                        Their inside them... So they would have to operate on each Baal to get it out, why watse time when they believed that the Jaming would work, like it had many times before... Not a plothole..

12) When did the symbiote poison not become immediately effective? Remember the tiny amount Daniel had to take out the summit meeting? (Addition by LaCroix: Line from Summit: JACOB: More than you know. There's enough material in that vial to kill every Tok'ra on this base twice over.) But the Tok'ra Base is small, and lacks doors, the SGC is huge and has many doors, ventilation would be the only way to spread and it's not designed for that. It is also a High security airforce base, meaning everythings sealed pretty tight. Jacob didn't specify how long it would take either.

13) Why was an on probation civilian (Vala) leading a team of SFs?
                        Alright you got me there... but oh wait...She's probation but, she's on SG1. Sg1 members no matter what assume command, I mean they did it with daniel and tealc.. Also.. nobody said she was leading it.
                        14) Why did Sam give in so easily to Ba'al, she's been through a lot worse and didn't give in then. THEY EXPLAINED THIS IN THE EPISODE! She didnt believe he could geto ff the base.

15) What were all Ba'als doing on 1 single level, clearly this is a security hazard.
                        Well... their locked up in a cell not showing any signs of agression no way to get to weapons, no way to seemingly escape... also they didnt say they were on one level... There was i beleive 28 of them, if they have 28 cells on one level, then I'd be suprised..
                        16) Why wasn't Ba'al cuffed? Since it's normal to handcuff captured enemies, especially a Goa'uld, to prevent them from taking weapons etc.. Didn't expect him to take weapons as protocol is to not take a weapon in...

More like questions... closest to a plothole was the Vala leading SF's but.. theres no indication she was leading it.. I mean we see her trying to lead other things and she doesnt..
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Uh, actually in episodes past (TLC, PL), it seems like people can just pop into Jack's cabin. The one with the lake is in Minnesota (or Montana, always get those confused), I doubt that Jack lived on base every day except when he traveled 1k miles to get to his "cabin" with the no-fish lake.

The Pegasus Project
                          Spoiler:
                          when the MK9 exploded in "Beach Head" the 'Gate almost looked molten and glowing orange-hot. When the Wraith ship with nukes exploded, the 'Gate should have atleast been pushed around a little. Same with other nukes near 'Gate.

Uninvited
                          Spoiler:
                          How did Teal'c nearly instantly get into the high-containment area? Just where did this worm come from (don't say from the body of the creature, I meant in the firs place)? If the Zatnikitel worked on the worm, why not the bigger creature? Just 3 shots and its gone, nothing to clean up. If the writers had totally abandoned the disentigration concept of the Zatnikitel, then in the science behind the 'Gate why did Amanda Tapping "shoot" herself causing "herself" to disappear when CLEARLY holding a Zatnikitel?

And here's my take on why the teams couldn't take down Baal. They were trying to stay hidden and out of sight. The Baals had the advantage of knowing where the teams were hiding, and of being able to duck around vertical beams, then come out and just shower the spot with flying lead. Baals didn't have to get up, take aim then fire, they just popped out pulled the trigger then went back. SGC's teams however had to get up, take aim, and had to hit a buncha small targets in a wide area.
                          Last edited by Zatnikitelman; 12 August 2006, 06:48 PM.
                          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                          Zatnikitelman

Comment

I really doubt the Science of Stargate is canon, and I don't think they want to take alien weapons into a forest filled with hunters and normal people.

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                              Their inside them... So they would have to operate on each Baal to get it out, why watse time when they believed that the Jaming would work, like it had many times before... Not a plothole..
                              I am going to assume you do not understand basic military security procedures and computer security procedures because of your long list. If no one else address your erroneous list I will tomorrow when I have time but for now just one point :

Whether or not you think that it was a waste of time or what you think the characters might have been thinking; it is a basic security procedure to remove any and all devices from a prisoner. They did not, so yes it is a plot hole.
                              -

Comment

Wouldn't operating on a POW violate some kind of law?

Comment

Working...
                                X