Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only person to notice that so far, at least as far as I can find, the average tv ratings are down some? When I checked the avage ratings wre if I remember correctly about 1.5. Before they were around 1.9 2.0 or so. I hope the we fans can bring them up to were they were to insure a season 11 and more.

Comment

Do you realise how much pain I am in not to make some sarcastic post here? Yes we noticed, they are WAY down, but dont worry, because for every viewer that has switched off there is a different excuse for the drop. I would imagine that the ratings would need to average at about 1.8 to give the show a fighting chance at an 11th season, and that is becoming less and less likely unfortunately, as the ratings will probably repeat what happened last year and drop during the second half of the season.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Hopefully they will go up with RDA returning friday night.
        Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18
          Hopefully they will go up with RDA returning friday night.

Yeah i agree, but at the same time i think all shows on TV For Friday nights have been going throw this rating decress ...

Comment

Well, 200 will probably become the best watched episode this season, so that will give us a clue into what the future brings.
            Personally, I don't like to speculate if there will be a season 11, so I won't. I'm still hoping for two more seasons, after that they can call it quits.
            *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Yes, yes you are the only one to notice.

I guess we should look up from our debate of Furlings, 9th Chevrons, and Wraith sex once in a while.

(Ptah, I'm disappointed in you. )

Comment

I Am Hoping A Decent Lead-In Would Be Nice To Have ... (wishful thinking, of course)
                813Way Entertainment
                Dustin Runnels - Goldust Fan Page

Comment

Originally posted by Dave6309
                  Am I the only person to notice that so far, at least as far as I can find, the average tv ratings are down some? When I checked the avage ratings wre if I remember correctly about 1.5. Before they were around 1.9 2.0 or so. I hope the we fans can bring them up to were they were to insure a season 11 and more.
                  here here!!!!!!
                  I am a Colonel in the great colilition
                  http://www.stargatechat.zoomshare.com/
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnAu-...earch=Stargate

Comment

I just have to say YAY! the ratings went up this week! Good news!!!!

REMEMBER TO:
                    1.) Watch the show LIVE each week.
                    2.) Send an e-mail or a snail mail letter to TPTB letting them know how much you LOVE the Gates, both of them.

Stargate has given a lot to us over the years. It's time we ALL close ranks and stand together to support SG in it's hard times.
                    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave6309
                      So far, Season Ten is averaging 1.44 ratings points for the first five episodes.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        So far, Season Ten is averaging 1.44 ratings points for the first five episodes.
                        Which is very sad compared to how Season 9 did...
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I take it that general practice is only to reference US viewing figures when producers want to decide the fate of a show? SG-1 season 10 and Atlantis season 3 have not begun broadcasting outside the US of course, and it's prossible that there will be a stronger showing in Europe, Australia, Asia, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                            Which is very sad compared to how Season 9 did...
                            And Season Nine didn't do as well as Season Eight.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I'm a little perplexed as to why the shows are not doing so well. So far, both shows are better than last years. S10 is clearly better than S9 of SG-1. And S3 is atleast as good, if not better than the same time period of S2 of Atlantis. Frankly, I am very enthusiastic about the performance this year. Based on what I've seen, I think the quality warrants atleast 2 more years of each show, and a budget increase to go along with a better advertising system for the shows.
                              Last edited by Freekzilla; 16 August 2006, 07:38 PM.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Hi! I have a stupid question.

What are the ratings like in other countries?

The USA is not the only country that SG-1 and SG-A are shown in. The shows are immensely popular world-wide. What are the Canadian ratings for instance?

Even if they are still a year behind in some countries, I'd be really curious at looking at all the numbers.

Do they measure the 18-49 adult male demigraphics as well globally like they do for the USA?

I don't see how a decision to end the shows after this season can be made if it so extremely popular world-wide.

(Not to mention DVD sales, merchandising, syndication deals .......)

Thanks for any insights.

Comment

Working...
                                X