Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Would own the rights .. yeah, but if they cancell the series, they'll sell the rights off and the Original Owner wants them back ASAP... or they'll lease the rights to him and make some money off the mooovies..

either way, basing a shows audience off a Neilsen Rating is stupid, if no one watches stargate then how come people pack the SG Conventions.. how come 50,000+ People signed hte "Save the Allince Video Game" petition etc etc..
    Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

rating rating whatever. they don't know the difference between dvr recording and live viewing. if sci cancels sg1 and sga they'll lose much more than money, viewers.

hell only eureka, dead like me and ecw are as/more popular.
      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
        rating rating whatever. they don't know the difference between dvr recording and live viewing. if sci cancels sg1 and sga they'll lose much more than money, viewers.

hell only eureka, dead like me and ecw are as/more popular.
        I'm a Farscape fan; I've been down this ratings road. Unfortunately, the way the system is set up now, we're stuck with it. The problem with Sci fi is that even when the lose viewers because they cancel something, they find a way to find others to replace them, usually using cheaper programming.

I agree--it's an outdated system given the number of recording devices in use nowadays and the way people pretty much tailor their tv viewing to suit their own time frames, not the networks'. I mean, I think the Nielsons have been the source of ratings since the whole keeping track thing began.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate Zilla
          MGM Would own the rights .. yeah, but if they cancell the series, they'll sell the rights off and the Original Owner wants them back ASAP... or they'll lease the rights to him and make some money off the mooovies..

either way, basing a shows audience off a Neilsen Rating is stupid, if no one watches stargate then how come people pack the SG Conventions.. how come 50,000+ People signed hte "Save the Allince Video Game" petition etc etc..
          No MGM would still own the rights to the show and if it was cancelled they would not sell the rights to the show to Devlin. Stargate has taken its own path compleatly away from Devlins vision. They would want the opportunity to revisit the show via movie, miniseries, etc..
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I wonder if the rating are that bad. They are still higher then most scifi's shows, And I wonder how they work proprtionally, because I've heard they have lost many viewers due to comcast changes. I also have found this season awesome, I wonder the acracy of the ratings.
            PS I understand how statisics work, and know they can be skewed by your sample. Then again, I see this show is still has a strong following, so I think we'll see season 11 please don't rush this arc.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

These ratings are not fair! The fact that Stargate in fact still might be the most popular show on SciFi, but is being covered up because they only get 5% of the US, which may be watching Eureka or ECW or some other show more than Stargate, and the fact that another 5% in another region of the US might like Stargate more, really makes me mad. Cuz the 5% is relative to which viewers they check. But if they look at another region, then it might be different ratings.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                I wonder if the rating are that bad. They are still higher then most scifi's shows, And I wonder how they work proprtionally, because I've heard they have lost many viewers due to comcast changes. I also have found this season awesome, I wonder the acracy of the ratings.
                PS I understand how statisics work, and know they can be skewed by your sample. Then again, I see this show is still has a strong following, so I think we'll see season 11 please don't rush this arc.
                I believe we will have a season 11. The ratings are low but not awful. I have faith that the strong following of SG-1 will prevail!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                  i'd rather have a conclusive ending than risk not having others carry out a cliffhanger in the future; there's not guarantee that they will.
                  I'd have to agree there. I'd want an ending, but, one that could still maybe leave open the possibility of something in the future too. I definitely don't want a Farscape-type ending. That just totally p***** me off.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    I'd have to agree there. I'd want an ending, but, one that could still maybe leave open the possibility of something in the future too. I definitely don't want a Farscape-type ending. That just totally p***** me off.
                    Me too! I remember how I felt when John and Aryen got blown up and it said "We at Farscape would like to thank you for four wonderful years" I nearly broke my TV! I know that the writers have the possible cancellation in mind, they have done it that way since season 6! I would love to see it last a few more years and want an ending that would satisfy me as a good conclusion to an excellent show with the possibility for something down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                      No MGM would still own the rights to the show and if it was cancelled they would not sell the rights to the show to Devlin. Stargate has taken its own path compleatly away from Devlins vision. They would want the opportunity to revisit the show via movie, miniseries, etc..
                      Exactly! MGM may let Devlin make "his" sequels, but they're not going to sell away SG-1. It's still a cash-cow for them. Besides, I don't see the end of the road just yet.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Exactly! MGM may let Devlin make "his" sequels, but they're not going to sell away SG-1. It's still a cash-cow for them. Besides, I don't see the end of the road just yet.
                        Definatly! They make boocos of money worldwide they're not stupid! And you know by now I agree with you on the "end of the road".

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                          Definatly! They make boocos of money worldwide they're not stupid! And you know by now I agree with you on the "end of the road".
                          Great minds think alike.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Great minds think alike.

Comment

I haven't watched Farscape besides a few random episodes.. but I know they DID make a mini-series or tv-movie or something to wrap things up, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
                                I haven't watched Farscape besides a few random episodes.. but I know they DID make a mini-series or tv-movie or something to wrap things up, right?
                                Yes, eventually. But the ending they gave us fans for the show itself, well, really left us hanging. I was not a happy camper at the time.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X