This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OberonSky
    Repeating a thread I posted relating to the possibility of an 11th season of SG-1:

Full Article:
    http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

So Sci-Fi screws up the Friday lineup, shifts the timeslot, fails to advertise out-of-network, cancells the show, and now PREVENTS MGM from finding another Network?

So either make SG-1 in Sci-Fi or non at all?

So this could mean no season 11 at all outside of Sci-Fi .. unless MGM changes the name of the show and rebrands it and starts from season 1. Even that may not be possible due to the contract, who knows. Sigh..
    No I really HATE Scifi. I guess then this could be it, well too bad but Rob will end it well as he dosent know how to do things any other way!
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
      No I really HATE Scifi. I guess then this could be it, well too bad but Rob will end it well as he dosent know how to do things any other way!
      Well like I just said, they could always just rebrand it if they get picked up by another network. Stargate Command Season 1! Eh...eh?
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Maybe if Sci-fi stopped wasting it's money on those stupid "Sci-fi Original" movies, they wouldn't have to kill SG-1. I mean, they have yet to make a single watchable movie, but a show with an established fanbase gets the axe? I guess you need to be a Sci-fi exec to have that equation make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlash
          Maybe if Sci-fi stopped wasting it's money on those stupid "Sci-fi Original" movies, they wouldn't have to kill SG-1. I mean, they have yet to make a single watchable movie, but a show with an established fanbase gets the axe? I guess you need to be a Sci-fi exec to have that equation make sense.
          No kidding the movies sucks. If we left Scifi with the opportunity to make an SG-1 movie or miniseries we'd get "Dragonball Z: The Stargate SG-1 Connection"

Comment

No kidding the movies sucks. If we left Scifi with the opportunity to make an SG-1 movie or miniseries we'd get "Dragonball Z: The Stargate SG-1 Connection"
            Luckily, MGM owns SG-1.
            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
            -Audioslave

Comment

Mark Stern, executive vice president of original programming for Sci Fi, said creative and economic decisions also came into play.

Stern added that under terms of its contract, the network’s decision to cancel the series prohibits MGM from making any new episodes of the show to air on U.S. television.

He noted, “If MGM came to us for less,” Sci Fi would be interested in more Stargate SG-1 fare, whether in the form of episodes, movies or miniseries. He would not disclose the network’s license fee to MGM.
              On U.S. Television.....That uh *cough* doesn't mean they can't bring the show north..... *sighs* Wishful thinking.

But I guess "to air" means that even if a network from another country wants to buy it, any new episodes still wouldn't be allowed to air in the U.S.? Meh, who cares about those Americans.....they don't need Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                On U.S. Television.....That uh *cough* doesn't mean they can't bring the show north..... *sighs* Wishful thinking.

But I guess "to air" means that even if a network from another country wants to buy it, any new episodes still wouldn't be allowed to air in the U.S.? Meh, who cares about those Americans.....they don't need Stargate!
                Um, excuse me, yes us Americans need Stargate, thank you very much.

Even if Sci-Fi, the a**** that they are, won't let them continue the series on another network, TPTB and MGM continue to say it isn't dead. I think we'll get word very soon from them. I'm expecting at the very least a mini-series or two. Maybe even a shortened season.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Sci-Fi has hit the panic button and is now attempting to stonewall any chance of the longest running Sci-Fi show from moving to another channel, its a desperate attempt.

If they want to move it to Canadian TV networks or British I say go for it, I'll get them some other way.
                  I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                    Sci-Fi has hit the panic button and is now attempting to stonewall any chance of the longest running Sci-Fi show from moving to another channel, its a desperate attempt.

If they want to move it to Canadian TV networks or British I say go for it, I'll get them some other way.
                    Yeah there are other ways "cough cough"

Comment

I was just on tv.com and they have an article about SG-1s cancellation and they state that the last three episodes will be aired in 2007! WTF! That contradicts the news we have here please reasure me that this is just bad investigation on their part!

Comment

I was just on tv.com and they have an article about SG-1s cancellation and they state that the last three episodes will be aired in 2007! WTF! That contradicts the news we have here please reasure me that this is just bad investigation on their part!
                        That sounds right. The 'Brains' at SCI FI are showing the first half of season 10 this year, then having a six month hiatus, then are showing the 2nd half in 07...
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                          That sounds right. The 'Brains' at SCI FI are showing the first half of season 10 this year, then having a six month hiatus, then are showing the 2nd half in 07...
                          i know my point is they stated there are only three eps left when their are actually 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42

Agree completely. And the truth is that it's the part of American audience who killed Stargate SG-1. So they really don't need it.
                            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by OberonSky
                              Repeating a thread I posted relating to the possibility of an 11th season of SG-1:

Full Article:
                              http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

So Sci-Fi screws up the Friday lineup, shifts the timeslot, fails to advertise out-of-network, cancells the show, and now PREVENTS MGM from finding another Network?

So either make SG-1 in Sci-Fi or non at all?

So this could mean no season 11 at all outside of Sci-Fi .. unless MGM changes the name of the show and rebrands it and starts from season 1. Even that may not be possible due to the contract, who knows. Sigh..
                              Uh, scifi are complete and utter [insert rude word of your choosing], I can't believe that, just because they don't want someone to go and say "woohoo, look at us, we have the 300th episode of SG1!!!!"

Uh this is so unfair.

I say split it between the channels that want it elsewhere in the world, I think I should convince sky one to give them some money *hmmmmmm*

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

With the new technologies now available more and more, I think MGM should think about completely different form of distribution potential season 11 - what about making it available for d/loading WORLDWIDE for $ 1.99 per episode, like iTunes did in USA with season 10 episodes? BTW, I wonder whether the second part of the season will be available on iTunes earlier than Skiffy airs them? 'cause they will be definitely aired earlier in UK on Sky One.
                                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                                X