sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
      The Prior Shielded it.
      Yep. And that wouldn't have been necessary if the nuke didn't at least have the potential to destroy the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
        I devoted an entire thread to this theory. I believe once the gate entered hyperspace the wormhole closed and the massive explosion was due to the naquadria generators aboard the x 302 when the energy overloading the gate transferred to the 302.
        I don't think that is the case. The gate system locks onto coordinates of a solar system (I think). That's probably why there's a one gate per system rule. If that is the case, and the gate only detonated a few million miles away from earth, then it was the gate that exploded. Besides, they minimized the risk of overload by only activating the hyperdrive for 1 sec.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahc42
          ... And I assume the Stargate in
          Spoiler:
          "Trinity" was also destroyed... along with 5/6 of the solar system
          It's not like they're gonna go back and check right. Rodney tore a hole in the fabric of space time in that area of pegasus. Who knows what the effects of that would be.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Didn't the stargate in Inferno get melted cause with extreme pressure can't the naquada melt.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
              In '48 Hours' when the Alkesh [sp?] falls to the ground after Teal'c shoots it.
              I'm pretty sure that only destroyed the DHD.

Comment

didnt the tollans gate get destroyed ? think thast what narim said at very end of that eppisode ?

Comment

Yes, but Tollana didn't have a traditional stargate.

Comment

I think the stargate in from the planet in
                    Spoiler:
                    beachhead has to be gone.

And there is the mark IX, which is called gate buster. So it's clear that they can be blown up.

Comment

Yes, destroyed by supernova.

And those aboard Apophis ship in Serpent's lair.

Comment

Originally posted by Abiron
                        Yep. And that wouldn't have been necessary if the nuke didn't at least have the potential to destroy the gate.
                        He wanted us to nuke him so that he could absorb it into what would become a black hole.

Concerning Inferno, we only saw the gate fall into the lava. We saw it sinking down. It didn't even seem phased for the short period of time we saw it in the lava though. No melting.

Comment

Originally posted by StarGi
                          Yes, destroyed by supernova.
                          Not a supernova, the planet became a black hole.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            He wanted us to nuke him so that he could absorb it into what would become a black hole.

Concerning Inferno, we only saw the gate fall into the lava. We saw it sinking down. It didn't even seem phased for the short period of time we saw it in the lava though. No melting.
                            It would take time for the lava to transfer enough heat to the gate to start melting it. You could have dropped a steel gate into the lava with the same result (except it might not sink since it's not as dense).

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              yup...redemption...the earth gate went boom!
                              Yea, I think we can assume that gate went boom, as it was the gate itself building and containg the power of the charge. Technically we didn't see it, but I still concur that that gate is a gonner. As for any others, none that I know of, although in many cases the gates have become "inaccessible." Inaccessible does not mean destroyed, as in the case of Pacralarush (sp).

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Stargates are big superconductors. Your computer has conductors on the circuit board / power relays. THOSE can overload and explode.

Comment

Working...
                                X