Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merlins Weapon - To Cause a Mass De-Ascension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
    Mass-deascension...that'd be interesting to watch.
    that would be very cool there follows would freak.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by XXII View Post
      Yup, the Ori would still be a major threat de-ascended - one I liken to that of the Go'auld from the post season 9 era - in the sense that they would command a lot of knowledge and power, but could ultimately be killed as they were but mortal.
      That'd make better television!
      Originally posted by G.B Shaw
      Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
      Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
      Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
      You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
      Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
      One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
      You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
      The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
      www.7-scales.co.uk
      http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        that would be very cool there follows would freak.
        Not really, the Ori would just have to think something up, like ''This is the apocalypse, your final test is at hand!''

Comment

If they all just descended, all they'd have to do is ascend again, would be a bit silly imo.

Comment

Originally posted by XXII View Post
            Okay; so we've learned that Merlins Weapon will work by "cancelling" out the energy of Ascended beings - therefore, do you think that if the weapon is found, juist before it is activated both the Ancients and the Ori will de-ascend to a lower plane of existance, to avoid being wiped out?

It's only a theory; but this could be a major plot arc for later seasons - ie imagine what will happen with Atlantis if there are suddenly 100s of de-ascended Ancients with all the knowledge of how to use the City properly around? Also, the powers of a highly advanced (yet not ascended) human are similar to that of the Goa'uld and all their 'tech (allthough admitedly, more more potent) - could this even things out, and bring Stargate back to the dynamic of it's earlier seasons?

I dunno; as I said it's only a little theory of mine - A little feedback?

If it worked, then Ori will already be gone. So no weapon left, nor anyone able to create a new one. Adria only has limited knowledge & won't be able to construct one from scratch herself. Therefore Ancients have nothing to worry about on that front. They're now safe, it's only the regular mortals of the MW who have problems with the Ori ships that remain behind.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
              If it worked, then Ori will already be gone. So no weapon left, nor anyone able to create a new one. Adria only has limited knowledge & won't be able to construct one from scratch herself. Therefore Ancients have nothing to worry about on that front. They're now safe, it's only the regular mortals of the MW who have problems with the Ori ships that remain behind.
              Well as far as we know it doesnt kill them it just cancells them out, mabey just rips them of their powers instead of fully killing them.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                If they all just descended, all they'd have to do is ascend again, would be a bit silly imo.
                Not really. Remember, Orilin said when you willingly 'decend' you cannto reassend on your own, you have to have the others ascend you..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal
                  Not really. Remember, Orilin said when you willingly 'decend' you cannto reassend on your own, you have to have the others ascend you..
                  Yes, the ascended Ancients can now enter the Ori galaxy, and prevent the Ori from ascending again.

I think the weapon probably worked because:

Spoiler:
                  SG-1 will go to the Ori Galaxy in The Ark of Truth. Most likely they wouldn't be able to do anything there if the Ori were still ascended.

So I think the Ori are either dead or human. Them being human again i think is more interesting then them being dead.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post

So I think the Ori are either dead or human. Them being human again i think is more interesting then them being dead.
                    It would be great to see thousands descended and very angry Ori

being human would be much worse for MW than being ascended.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      It would be great to see thousands descended and very angry Ori

being human would be much worse for MW than being ascended.
                      LOL... But how would their 'being human' be much worse?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        LOL... But how would their 'being human' be much worse?

'cos there would thousands humans powerful as Adria
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          'cos there would thousands humans powerful as Adria
                          True, and then the Ancients wouldn't even pitch in. If they're ascended, and attack, it would be against the Alterans, not us.
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

I doubt they'll descend. To them, ascention is the most important thing there is, even more important than life. Plus, they don't know at what moment in time the Sangraal would be used, no sense descending then waiting on your butt forever and then say "Oh, it happened after xxxx amount of time of waiting!".

Vala,

Comment

Whilst it would be interesting to see Ascended Beings descend onto the lower planes of existence (baring in mid there are many different planes of reality between 'here' - the mortal realm - & the 'Ascended Plane' that the Ancients/Orii exist upon), I think the Ancients & the Orii would either duke it out, Ascended style (al a et Oma Desala vs. Anubis); or both be wiped out by Merlin's Anti-Orii weapon.

Bare in mind that not all Ascended beings are of the Alterran/Ancient/Orii camp; the residents of Abydos were Ascended by Oma Desala, & it has been qouted in the show itself that not all those whom are Ascended are Ancients, or necessarily Human in origin.

In terms of potential story-lines plot, mass De-Ascension does seem quite cool (not to mention it would be interesting & cause all kinds of problems if & when the Anicents decided to retake their old empire/Atlantis, or if the Orii decided to invade in person/mortal form, rather than Ascended form), but is not really plausable or fesiable IMHO (nor nearly as cool as seeing Ascended begins battle it out!! *lol*).

One good I do love about the storyline is that is currently being played out in Season 9 & 10 & that will be climaxed in The Ark of Truth is that it's not just about the 'lowers'/mortal races in peril, the Ascend Beings & the Ancients themselves are in grave danger/at risk from the Orii; making them perhaps the biggiest threat EVER in the history of STARGATE.

either Merlin's weapon worked, or it was stopped by Adria before it could discharge the wave of energy which would of cancelled the Orii out; the only way to know for sure is to watch Dominion, Unending &/or The Ark of Truth.

Comment

We'll find out tomorrow what happen to the Ori
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X