Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC-303/304 Commanders - How much I do not like Emerson!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
    As for that whole deferring to Mitchell thing, there is such thing as MISSION Commander and SHIP Commander. Sometimes same people, usually different. Mitchell was most likely incharge of the mission to jump the wormhole, but Emerson was incharge of his ship. Ultimately Mitchell, rank non-withstanding, appeared to be the one who made the decisions as to how the mission proceeded. To bring it down a level or two, Emerson (!!) tells the ship (through teh helmsperson) where to go, but not how to do and does not do it himself. Like Emerson might say go to Atlantis, but it is, Marks isn't it, who enters in the helm commands and decides how to best comply with the order. Emerson on this particular mission was simply verifying that they could expend their two las purpose built nukes on this aspect of the mission and would still comply with the ultimate goal.
    It looked like he was actually giving Mitchell the nod to go ahead with the mission...at least to me

Comment

See I've always had a problem with that. On SG-1 when ever they were on the Prommie or Oddy they gave the commands to the captain, wheather it was Pendergast, Ronson, or Emmerson. Atleast when Jack was on board he was of equal rank to them, but Emmerson and Pendergast out rank both Carter and Mitchell and it was their ship they were on. I think that its great on SGA they actually let Cawdwell be a stong enough character to comand his ship. I think its just the formats of the shows. On SG-1 its all about SG-1 and on Atlantis its less about the team so it gave the writers room to have Cawdwell be a stong leader and a good character, not just a doormatt their because a ship needs a commander.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
        See I've always had a problem with that. On SG-1 when ever they were on the Prommie or Oddy they gave the commands to the captain, wheather it was Pendergast, Ronson, or Emmerson. Atleast when Jack was on board he was of equal rank to them, but Emmerson and Pendergast out rank both Carter and Mitchell and it was their ship they were on. I think that its great on SGA they actually let Cawdwell be a stong enough character to comand his ship. I think its just the formats of the shows. On SG-1 its all about SG-1 and on Atlantis its less about the team so it gave the writers room to have Cawdwell be a stong leader and a good character, not just a doormatt their because a ship needs a commander.
        didn't Ronson remind Jack that he was only there as an "observer" on their first mission out? lol

Comment

Originally posted by kkfan
          didn't Ronson remind Jack that he was only there as an "observer" on their first mission out? lol
          Yeah he was kind of the exception to that but he was such a bad actor I didn't want to mention that

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
            So anyways I was watching the recent SG1 episode, "The Pegasus Project"

It was amazing.

But you gotta see though, if those of you watch Atlantis, Caudwell is WAY better commander than Emerson.

When they battled the Wraith Hive ship, they were thinking things on the spot, no strategy, no thought.

When Caudwell fights the wraith, he strategizes and knows what hes doing.

I gotta say, its a fluke that the Odyssey didn't get blown up too.
            Well for those who do not like Emerson

Spoiler:
            He is killed later this season by one of the members of the Lucian Alliance.

IMO they are both good commanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Excellion_razor
              Well for those who do not like Emerson

Spoiler:

IMO they are both good commanders.
              Where does it say that?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrius
                Where does it say that?
                it's from 'company of thieves' spoilers

Comment

I don't see his behavior as deferring to Mitchell--he just seems kind of disinterested in everything that's going on. Everyone else is acting and reacting and he's sort of just standing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Excellion_razor
                    Spoiler:
                    WOARGH!!! THESE BUTTONS MUST BE MADE UN-CLICKABLE!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X