Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt an Ori blast would go straight through the hive hull and not do much damage, however it may just hot say the back or front etc. and only do a small bit of damage, hwever due to the loss of primary systems that it would probably (not definately) take down the hive would be a sitting duck, so to speak and not be able to do anything other than send out the darts (which would then turn into an interesting fight)
    i agree that if the hive took a hit from the ori canon it would be compromised but it has alot of guns some would still be firing...

I wouldnt quite class a hive as a 30ft oak tree
    maybe not...lol...but you understand what i'm saying

OK youve got a point there, the ori havent taken a lot of firepower to really test their shields to max which Im not denying the Wraith could quite possibly do with enough ships but as someone said the Ori could probably get the same amount of ships as the Wraith could get but it would take less time due to the supergate (Im sure they can/have get another one with ease) where as the Wtraith would need, what about a week with their new hyperdrive engines, thats if Michael and his queen shared the info before their hives were destroyed
    we have a rough estimation of the wraith fleet but we no nothing of the ori, we do know that they are building ships but we also know they're being built by primatives so it could take along time...i doubt the hyperdrive inofrmation was shared....but as we've seen the ori hyperdrives aren't that impressive either...

I cant actually comment there until I have watched the ep again, but that just shows what their shots can do if only 5 hit
    it may have been more its close enough...

As Ive xplained it doesnt matter how thick the hull, if the blast gets through or even hits it head on, the hive wont be able to do much due to the damage
    yeah but it'll take more to cause it's destruction the hive because of size alone while last alot longer than the ha'taks and during that time there will be several guns firing though not all of them...

And yes it does make it easier to read when using the enter key
    good
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
      I wonder if the beam fires from the ori ships are random? Or if they work out the critical parts of the ships to hit, if thats the case then the wraith would be even more screwed.
      Well actually, Im gonna give this one to the Wraith. Bewcause of the structure of the ship and the fact that the hives are organic, the Ori ships wouldnt be able to scan the hive ships and find the primary parts of the ship. Due to them having no computer part or wiring, it wouldnt quite be the same as the Ori ships locking on to the main part of our ships

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
        I wonder if the beam fires from the ori ships are random? Or if they work out the critical parts of the ships to hit, if thats the case then the wraith would be even more screwed.
        I doubt the Ori took their time aiming so precisely. They are rather arrogant about their abilities, not unjustifiably. I think all they were trying to do was hit the ship, the power of the blast would do the rest.
        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally Posted by kirmit
          they just point and shot...lol the wraith have only 2 known external weakness the hyperdrive and the dart bays the ori would be able to see thta unless they had the intel and besides that didn't help the ancients...
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
            i agree that if the hive took a hit from the ori canon it would be compromised but it has alot of guns some would still be firing...
            Yeah but not neccessarily because look at when Sheppard hit the hive ship in one part with his F-302, it disabled all the hives weapons.

maybe not...lol...but you understand what i'm saying

we have a rough estimation of the wraith fleet but we no nothing of the ori, we do know that they are building ships but we also know they're being built by primatives so it could take along time...i doubt the hyperdrive inofrmation was shared....but as we've seen the ori hyperdrives aren't that impressive either...
            Yeah but I bet the Priors will help in the construction to speed it up and if the hive ships are in fact grown then they could take the equal amount of time. From what I have seen of the Ori hyperdrives they seem fast, in ep3 of SG1 S10 just before Teal'd manages to take one down he mentions that the ship will be there in a matter of minutes and while we dont know how far away it was, Im gonna asume it wasnt exactly a walk away

it may have been more its close enough...
            Well, Ill take a look at the ep again

yeah but it'll take more to cause it's destruction the hive because of size alone while last alot longer than the ha'taks and during that time there will be several guns firing though not all of them...
            True enough, but Im giving the hive no more than 2-3 shots of the Ori weapon before it is rendered useless

good

Comment

they just point and shot...lol the wraith have only 2 known external weakness the hyperdrive and the dart bays the ori would be able to see thta unless they had the intel and besides that didn't help the ancients...
              Unless the Ori blasts just goes straight through the hive

Comment

I'm not certain but don't the toilet class ships also have secondary weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
                  I'm not certain but don't the toilet class ships also have secondary weapons.
                  If they do I don't think that they have showed them yet, unless I missed them.
                  You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

I thought i saw them destroying a hatak or two with them.
                    Just rewatched the battle in camelot, they do. As it seems it is pretty powerfull. And the firerate is high.

Comment

I thought i saw them destroying a hatak or two with them.
                      Just rewatched the battle in camelot, they do. As it seems it is pretty powerfull. And the firerate is high.
                      They destroyed at least 2 with them.

Comment

So discussion over. ORI WIN. The firerate is incredibly high. The hatak went off in no time.
                        you can rewatch the battle here
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6TKo...rgate%20battle

Comment

Yes and no. The Wratih defeated the Lantians, they are technically capable of defeating the Ori.

Comment

Yes and yes. The ori are ascendet now means better technology. As we know the wraith are probably far less powerfull now then they were during ancient war. Less than 100 hives. And if not, they would get their asses kicked as well. and i think 1on1 would be no question who wins. and the ori probably have much more than 4 ships. There were at least 6 on the planet in the crusade. that's one planet in an entire galaxy.

Comment

Yes and yes. The ori are ascendet now means better technology. As we know the wraith are probably far less powerfull now then they were during ancient war. Less than 100 hives. And if not, they would get their asses kicked as well. and i think 1on1 would be no question who wins. and the ori probably have much more than 4 ships. There were at least 6 on the planet in the crusade. that's one planet in an entire galaxy.
                              Actually, the Ori may be ascended, but the people building and operating the ships are not. And just because one is ascended, doesn't make you know everything. You merely have a greater undertsanding of things. Yes the Ori tech is stronger, but that doesn't mean it is completely better. The one thing that I think the Wraith tech is better is, that their tech is organic in nature. It can heal itself. I don't think Wraith tech is better in general, just that one aspect of it.

One thing I don't understand is, some people keep saying "they control an entire galaxy they control an entire galaxy", like that means there is a lot of planets there with a lot of people on those planets and that all of them are building ships and all over they have many villages and so on and so on. The planets in the Ori galaxy may have only 1000 people on them. Not exactly awe inspiring if you ask me. Actually, when you look at the Ori village from the early season 9 episodes, they are not that heavily populated, maybe no more than a few hundred. So if that is the norm, the other villages should follow suit. So, I don't think their ability to produce ships is that much greater than what the Wraith could do if they really tried. But we really don't know for sure. The Ori galaxy could be very populated in total, just not on each planet. In general, controlling territory doesn't always directly equate to capability.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

The Wraith could probably produce hundreds more ships than the Ori could.
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X