X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirmit
    lol I like the little dresses part .

I didn't mean to say what the Lantians had was inferior infact I'd say basically on par with the Ori, to me I haven't seen anything (with the exception of the drones) more advanced than anything the Ori have. Also if you say the cupboards are basically just beaming technology then the exact same could be said about rings, like the cupboards they've been used to transport people/objects to other parts of ships.
    Well only time will tell I suppose, or maybe not even that

I hope we get to see this:
    Spoiler:
    Asurans Vs Ori, it would give us a very good idea of how it would be.

Originally posted by PG15
    But isn't that enough of a reason for their defeat?
    Well, New Enemy = Buffet, so I'd assume they'd start breeding like crazy.

Comment

Although not likely that would certainly clear a few things up, even though I still think the Ori have alot more up their sleeves and we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18

Well, New Enemy = Buffet, so I'd assume they'd start breeding like crazy.
        But that would mean the Wraith have to travel to the Ori galaxy, which is difficult considering that:

1. they don't know where it is
        2. it'll take them a long time to get there, and
        3. the ancients won't be proteting them from the Ori's direct interference.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
          Although not likely that would certainly clear a few things up, even though I still think the Ori have alot more up their sleeves and we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.
          Well yeah I mean, in the end, as a race, they would survive, simply because they cannot be killed.

I assume they can also come up with nifty tricks with stargates

3. the ancients won't be proteting them from the Ori's direct interference.
          Why not? They banished Athar for destroying one of their fleets.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
            Sure it could have... but what have they done since then? They've been sleeping, eating humans, and basically lording over Pegasus. It's not like they'd be losing any ships
            For a minute when I read you post I thought you said they were "eating bananas". LOL!
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Okay last I checked they where only like 70 hiveships in the Pegasus Galaxy. What about having all of them attack one Ori ship simultaniously non-stop would their shields go down?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatman
                Okay last I checked they where only like 70 hiveships in the Pegasus Galaxy. What about having all of them attack one Ori ship simultaniously non-stop would their shields go down?
                At least 60 but it's an estimate, and it's during a time when the wraith can't be too many because of overpopulation.

Comment

Eventually, but not before the Ori ship takes town a few hives.

Why not? They banished Athar for destroying one of their fleets.
                  Because the Wraith would have to be in the Ori galaxy to feed on new people, and the Ancients have no power there.

Comment

At least 60 but it's an estimate, and it's during a time when the wraith can't be too many because of overpopulation.
                    Why didn't the Lanteans wipe them out with their advanced technology especially those killer drones? What? can the Wraith mass produce Hive Ships?

Comment

Why didn't the Lanteans wipe them out with their advanced technology especially those killer drones? What? can the Wraith mass produce Hive Ships?
                      IMO, the whole notion that the Lanteans lost the war is somewhat unplausible...the whole overwhelming numbers explaination the writers used is...well, highly improbabe in high tech warfare, especially when Ancient tech is vastly superior to that of the wraith..my explanation for their defeat is that the Ancients are pacifists to begin with, and during the war, alot of them are probably too busy ascending or trying to acsend instead of fighting the wraith..

Comment

Why 70 Hive ship attacking 1 Ori ship? A couple of hive ship can overpower their shield.

Hive ship
                        3 battle Crzer
                        100+ dartz

Comment

Originally posted by EyeStrain
                          Why 70 Hive ship attacking 1 Ori ship? A couple of hive ship can overpower their shield.

Hive ship
                          3 battle Crzer
                          100+ dartz
                          Not before the Ori ship blow them to kingdom come.

Comment

Originally posted by kkfan
                            IMO, the whole notion that the Lanteans lost the war is somewhat unplausible...the whole overwhelming numbers explaination the writers used is...well, highly improbabe in high tech warfare, especially when Ancient tech is vastly superior to that of the wraith..my explanation for their defeat is that the Ancients are pacifists to begin with, and during the war, alot of them are probably too busy ascending or trying to acsend instead of fighting the wraith..
                            Actually I think numbers have alot to do with it but not in the way that it simply overwhelmed the Lanteans, What I think is that as you say the Lanteans hadn't had a major war since... probably a very long time ago when they came to pegasus and so they were most likely not the most brilliant strategists at the start of the war which gave the wraith a head start, with which they could utalize their huge numbers before the Ancients could get to terms with what was actually happening.

Also I think that what sets the earthly humans apart from the Lanteans so far is that "we" have used guerilla tactics, which is something I have a hard time seeing the ancients do. Either which way, if your facing an enemy such as the wraith (unified in the old Atlantis days should be noted) who can seemingly send in countless waves of hives, cruisers and darts whats your tactic going to be with limited resources, also noting that the enemy has the initiative.

Cant say I know much about lantean military strategy but from what I have seen I would say that it's likely that they would rather build one Huge ship with firepower enough to destroy a planet, rather than build a thousand smaller vessels designed to be flexible and cooperative in a battle, in which case the wraiths numbers become important as one big target is easier to hit than a thousand smaller ones.

Comment

Not before the Ori ship blow them to kingdom come.
                              Well the wraith are experienced in fighting an advance race like the ancients who use bigger guns(satellite)..lol One more thing, Atlantis wasn't the only city in the P galaxy.

Comment

They were, but they've been sleeping for 10000 years.

Bound to get a little rusty.

Comment

Working...
                                X