Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have we seen an ori ship take a supervolcano?

tech can't keep evolving. imo 10000year old alteran tech is the best it can be.

ori tech being newer doesn't matter as alterans most likely hit a wall in terms of improving most tech. anyway till there's an aurora vs ori toilet seat, this is all false speculation.

in the end it'll be alteran drones vs ori shields and alteran shields vs ori beam cannon.

spoiler

hell older asgard shields took 2 direct hits before getting ownd by a 3rd
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
      have we seen an ori ship take a supervolcano?

tech can't keep evolving. imo 10000year old alteran tech is the best it can be.

ori tech being newer doesn't matter as alterans most likely hit a wall in terms of improving most tech. anyway till there's an aurora vs ori toilet seat, this is all false speculation.

in the end it'll be alteran drones vs ori shields and alteran shields vs ori beam cannon.

spoiler

hell older asgard shields took 2 direct hits before getting ownd by a 3rd
      We don't even really know if they are old or current asgard shields. All they said in the show was asgard shields.

Don't double post please.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

you a mod? NOPE

you think the asgard will give us their newest and best tech to us? earth hyperdrives take almost 3 weeks to reach a distance that the asgard's newest can do in seconds-minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
          we havent seen all that an ancient warship can do. We havent seen the shield strength of one either. And the damaged satellite, as you said, was powered by a naquadah generator. For one we dont know the power source which operated the satellite, although I am certain that it was more powerful than a naquadah generator.

got owned? since you replied to my post and not this

Comment

you a mod? NOPE
            Cut the 'tude, would'ya?

Comment

he started it

lol

Comment

anyhow...sorry for the spam...

Facts:
                Aincents and Ori are the same people. Ori just choose the path of having worshipers.
                Aincents won't help/interfer in our plane
                Ori help/interfer in our plane, but a different galaxy
                Ori and Aincents split/parted when they were at the same technology levels

Unknowns
                Who ascended first Ori or Aincents
                Orion's capabilities (shields, weapons, etc)

We know anubus was 1/2 ascended. He couldn't directly make the technologies that he did (mothership shields, etc) but he could let some information go to his underlings and they would make it....Same thing the Ori did/does.

knowing that the ori are 'fully ascended' and having the priors give technology to their worshipers (kinda like anubus) their technology may be more advanced than what we seen with anubus'.

The drones kicked anubus' butt, but will/would they have the same effect on the Ori invasion fleet? We won't know until we know.

Same goes for the Orion. We know that it is of aincent design, and thus far their stuff appears powerful (shields we obviously know about. grand satelite appears to have been very very powerful, just broken/damaged and probably under powered)

Since both the ori and aincent's physical technology stopped when they ascended and we don't know when they both ascended (yes the aincents were like 1ok years ago or so) it would be hard to compare who's tech will beat who's tech.

All of that above rambling goes to the point:
                I would assume that it is the Ori invasion fleet that is stronger than the aincent's left over technolgy since it is the ascended beings helping with it.
                BUT
                I think that the old left over aincent tech will hold it's own.

Comment

considering prior plague is the very much the same as the one aniya had i'd say the ori did first. makes sense since they were the religious faction.

Comment

considering prior plague is the very much the same as the one aniya had i'd say the ori did first. makes sense since they were the religious faction.
                    The prior plague is nothing like the ancient virus. The ancient virus was similar to cerebral spinal meningitis. The symptoms of the prior plague are not the same as this virus. I think.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

From "The Powers that Be":

LAM: I've pretty much ruled out bacterial infection at this point I'm treating with an antiviral cocktail, we're just gonna have to wait and see

JACKSON: any idea why the hand device seems to have lost its effectiveness?

LAM: *they stop* First I'd have to understand even remotely how that thing works. I do know its not unheard of for viruses to mutate and become immune to whatever's trying to attack it

JACKSON: alright…I don't know if this helps or not but we know the ancients were almost wiped out by a similar plague *Lam nods* I'm just bringing it up in case there's something in the research that's already been done.

VALA: You think the Ori gave it to them? *he shrugs*

LAM: I am aware that sg-1 was infected with a virus and then cured by an ancient found frozen down in Antarctica. Now…the symptoms and rate of progression here…are remarkably similar.
                      So they are indeed very similar, if not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                        From "The Powers that Be":

So they are indeed very similar, if not the same.
                        Oh, my bad.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

thanks pg15

Comment

Back to the Asgard ship discussion....I remember recently seeing a reference on Gateworld that stated several Asgard O'Neill class ships could gang up on one Ori toilet class ship and destroy it. Did anyone else hear such info? If so could you post a link to the reference? I've searched around and I am starting to think I'm crazy...

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LostFurling
                              Back to the Asgard ship discussion....I remember recently seeing a reference on Gateworld that stated several Asgard O'Neill class ships could gang up on one Ori toilet class ship and destroy it. Did anyone else hear such info? If so could you post a link to the reference? I've searched around and I am starting to think I'm crazy...

Thanks.
                              It is probably just speculation because I have heard no spoilers or anything of the sort relating to that.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

There is always the fact that the Alterans, followed the path of science and technology, as said in the fourth horseman part 2 by Orlin. The Ori were more religious.
                                Case in point: the shields of the Ori ships were powered by a much better power source, than what everybody else (except perhaps the Asgard vessel) had. their main weapons was able to fire many times without massive recharging (similiar lines of trinity here perhaps? no connection between the main weapon and the ancilliary generators?) meaning it can fire many times without recharging...
                                ancient shields: anubis had them, and they dissipated the energy from the weapons very nicely. But, still vulnerable to a 302 which Hyperspaced through it's shields.
                                Atlantis: has shields which can also dissipate energy from weapons blasts very nicely. the ori ships couldn't do that.
                                strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Working...
                                X