This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freyr's mother
    If that were the case, then why in Revelations, were three new asgard ships dispatched to deal with the whole destruction of an asgard vessel thing. This was during the height of replicator war. Now, they expect us to believe that when the replicator war is over, they can only spare one ship for the Camelot battle; a battle against an enemy far greater than what the ancients could ever handle.

what would you choose? the demise of your people (heimdall's research) or help with a war that doesn't involve them (ori)?

tho i don't expect a straight answer
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
      what would you choose? the demise of your people (heimdall's research) or help with a war that doesn't involve them (ori)?

tho i don't expect a straight answer
      Well it does involve them...it involes everyone...well ok...look at it this way the Ori are to them as the Replicators were to us
      McKay:...ZedPM
      O'Neill: Zed?
      Jackson: He's Canadian
      O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
        I agree. It was the future of their species at stake.

i totally agree. plus they prolly weren't sure one oneill could own a pseudo alteran enhanced hatak since it ownd a older but still a goodie beliskner

Comment

If that were the case, then why in Revelations, were three new asgard ships dispatched to deal with the whole destruction of an asgard vessel thing. This was during the height of replicator war. Now, they expect us to believe that when the replicator war is over, they can only spare one ship for the Camelot battle; a battle against an enemy far greater than what the ancients could ever handle.

I'm listening.

freyr's mother - I'm not sure I understand how the Ori will put up a battle greater than what the ancients could ever handle.

Comment

Originally posted by P3X-925
            freyr's mother - I'm not sure I understand how the Ori will put up a battle greater than what the ancients could ever handle.
            Because, they have the entire resources from all the galaxies under their control. They have millions if not billions of devout followers who are willing to die for them in their name at any time. And they have technology that is 10,000 years newer than what the ancients have.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Maybe i missed something, but how do we know that it took another 10k years for the Ori to ascend?

If they reached ascention around the same time, then their technology time lines would have ended around the same.

Comment

Originally posted by P3X-925
                Maybe i missed something, but how do we know that it took another 10k years for the Ori to ascend?

If they reached ascention around the same time, then their technology time lines would have ended around the same.
                The latest ancient technology is 10000 years older than the Ori's

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

The latest ancient technology is 10000 years older than the Ori's
                  I'm sure that the ancients reached a point in there develpment where they could not progressTechnologically. even though they haven't built anything for 10,000 years there tech is still as advanced if not even more advanced.

the ori are a religous cast of the Aterian race. the ancients were always IMO slightly further ahead in terms of tech. anyway. when you ascend don't you gain the knowledge of the universe. so they should be equal.

would like to see an ori warship verse the orion. wonder if the drones are as deadly against ships with simaliar tech? would the drones Penetrate ori shieds so easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky Bob
                    would like to see an ori warship verse the orion. wonder if the drones are as deadly against ships with simaliar tech? would the drones Penetrate ori shieds so easily?
                    The ori warship would completely rape the Orion up the @$$. Look at it like this. The ancient satellite, powered fully by a naquadah generator took one minute to charge before it could shoot at the hive. The ori warship fired at least three times in one minute. Watch camelot again. Is this not an example of how much more advanced the ori are than the ancients.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

we havent seen all that an ancient warship can do. We havent seen the shield strength of one either. And the damaged satellite, as you said, was powered by a naquadah generator. For one we dont know the power source which operated the satellite, although I am certain that it was more powerful than a naquadah generator.
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Wonky Bob
                        anyway. when you ascend don't you gain the knowledge of the universe. so they should be equal.
                        Correction; an Ascended being doesnt gain the knowledge of the universe, they simply have a greater understanding of it. Ascension is only the first step of the journey as Oma said. Its essentially like being blind and suddenly seeing the things in front of them. Doesnt mean they see everything just more things then they did before. At least thats what I gathered.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                          We havent seen the shield strength of one either.
                          Yes, we have. What do you think the
                          Spoiler:
                          4.1 seconds of shields were? They were depleted by the intense heat and pressure of the exploding volcano.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Yes, we have. What do you think the
                            Spoiler:
                            4.1 seconds of shields were? They were depleted by the intense heat and pressure of the exploding volcano.
                            Spoiler:
                            An exploding super volcano, no less. I'd say that's pretty good for a run down ship that hasn't flown in 10,000 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrius
                              Spoiler:
                              An exploding super volcano, no less. I'd say that's pretty good for a run down ship that hasn't flown in 10,000 years.
                              Then why don't you take into consideration how the ancients ships got destroyed by several hives attacking it.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                                we havent seen all that an ancient warship can do. We havent seen the shield strength of one either. And the damaged satellite, as you said, was powered by a naquadah generator. For one we dont know the power source which operated the satellite, although I am certain that it was more powerful than a naquadah generator.

that's some great facts. and i agree

Comment

Working...
                                X