Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Daniel tries to stop the Ori from the inside but they screw up his head to make him evil
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
      *holds breath*

*releases breath* Okay, of course it mars the face, and I wouldn't like that. But, it's not nearly as bad as I imagined it. I was thinking his entire face might have been messed up, warts or scales or something. I wouldn't like it if Daniel's face got messed up, but that's not as scary as I thought.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
      Maybe Daniel tries to stop the Ori from the inside but they screw up his head to make him evil
      That's been speculated elsewhere. Only, why would Daniel think he can stop them from the inside? Wouldn't he think it might be too risky, that the possibility of them getting to him was something to consider? Although it may fit in with his idea in TFH1, when he said he wanted to try and turn a prior. The traditional just talk to one as himself didn't work. But, still, I'd think Daniel would consider that this might not work either and just make things worse.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I don't think MS would ever let them take the glasses away from Daniel! I don't remember where I read it, but didn't MS said in an interview that he was adamant that Daniel will always wear glasses? Well, I read something along that line sometime last year.. but the article could have been much older. Anyway, that sorta reassured me in that respect.

As to superhuman powers.. I hope not.. I mean, they already have Sam who has the ability to use naquada based technology.. and the writers realize it'd be such a cheap way out of a lot of situations that they only exploited that aspect a few times over 9 years. So I can't imagine them giving Daniel such a decided advantage over their current and future enemies. If they could, they'd have surely carried that over in season 7, after his ascension? What I would really like explored is if Daniel will ever conciously access the memory and -especially- knowledge he had as an ascended being. We saw what happened to Orlin, could something like that ever happen to Daniel? Would he make that sacrifice? (I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes.. he gave his life enough times without a second thought)

Comment

44 viewers...even greater measure of the contrasversy this is causing! - im hesitent about this whole issue...for one this, daniel being a prior means that the ori will know automaticly all about atlantis and the people/defence/plans of earth and all about the asgard...basicly everything that might be in the works to stop them!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            44 viewers...even greater measure of the contrasversy this is causing! - im hesitent about this whole issue...for one this, daniel being a prior means that the ori will know automaticly all about atlantis and the people/defence/plans of earth and all about the asgard...basicly everything that might be in the works to stop them!

Yes, but maybe this is how they put a twist to the whole Ancient weapon. If they found it and that was it, the story would be over. Not that I'd mind it in the least, but I know that's not happening. If the Ori find out about it before anyone gets a chance to find it or use it, maybe they'll be on the hunt for it as well to destroy it.

I wonder what's going to be going on with the rest of the team. Are they going to try and talk him out of it? Go back to the SGC before he spots them and discuss any options? Daniel doesn't even really seem "evil" here (I mean, he's not talking death or destruction) so I don't think he'll capture them, although it could be a possibility.

And, who would SG1 turn to to help them get Daniel back? They can't contact the Alterans.

*whimpers* I really hope he's back before the end of the season.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              *whimpers* I really hope he's back before the end of the season.
              *snaps fingers* I've got it! Use Nirtiri's DNA resequencer to make him human again and undo the Priorification

Comment

*snaps fingers* I've got it! Use Nirtiri's DNA resequencer to make him human again and undo the Priorification
                I think Dani meant that Daniel comes back without dying or being mutated just joking.

There were a few rare episodes where Daniel didnt wear glasses. That episode where he became addicted to the sarcophagus and the time he was Lord Yu's personal servant. But an entire episode from start to finish? hmmm

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Didn't Alebran's people or SG-1 destroy that thing?

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

After reading both the positive and negative fan opinions I still hold my orriginal opinion and believe this could possibly be one of the best arcs ever! I am currious as to how this happens but this type of story is what proves they've still got it. I love the positive and negative aspects of this storyline. I believe the writers will play this to its full potential and I can't wait. This will be an excellent season!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The priors/ori are such craptastic villains, but maybe Daniel "going to the dark side," for whatever reason, will legitimize their lunacy. I'm reserving judgment for now, but my kneejerk reaction was "WTF?! Nooooo!"

:shudder: I'm just glad it wasn't Sam, because then I would've been wondering how long she was really evil before they decided to have her set herself on fire/blow herself up.

We'll see. If they make it an arc for the latter half of the season, based on the spoilers we've gotten, that will give them less than eight episodes to give depth to Daniel's issue (if he really HAS gone to the dark side, that is). Otherwise, it's going to seem characteristically rushed.

Ah well. Daniel rocks. If they can utilize his character properly during this "controversial arc," then more power to them. But if this is simply a way for them to maintain a four-man team for a while, while pushing an ultra-super-fix-it solution within two episodes (which would certainly explain why they let these spoilers out so early), then it's merely a waste of everyone's time, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                        Didn't Alebran's people or SG-1 destroy that thing?
                        Might have meant the Anubis version since I think you are right that the 'mutants' said they would destroy the thing after they changed back. Been a while since i have seen it though.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Sure, there can be some repercussions and all that, as long as he doesn't stay that way! Why anyone would want Daniel to stay a prior is....I just don't get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                            Might have meant the Anubis version since I think you are right that the 'mutants' said they would destroy the thing after they changed back. Been a while since i have seen it though.
                            That one was indeed destroyed... but there is still the one on Khalek's planet!

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianGateFan
                              I also am realy only looking forward to the afterwards. "Daniel pale and shaking afterwards, stunned and disgusted, thinking, 'What have I done'?" is also what I would love to see. I'm not going to enjoy him looking like that. I don't want him to evil forever, and be irrepairably damaged. SNIP
                              I just hope they learned/remember their lessons from Fallen and Homecoming! Everyone (that I've read about) agreed that the fallout/storyline from Daniel's descending was waaaaaay to rushed and should have been given more episodes. I for one felt really cheated with only the two epis and BAM he's back to normal.

Comment

This is actually the first full spoiler report I've read of Season Ten (a title like "The Shroud" just sounded way too cool to pass up ), so I'm curious where in the season this falls in.

That said I'm not going to get too excited over this because TPTB seem to have an ability to make something sound REALLY good in advance but end up with poor execution. Though with all truth I must admit that deep down I'm jumping at the bit to be able to see this episode and I hope there is at least some lasting effect, preferably psychological over physiological (it tends to be more interesting that way).

Anyway, we shall all see how this unfolds when it airs. In the mean time read all spoilers with a grain of salt, though don't have sea salt (yes, my jokes are that bad).
                                sigpic
                                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Working...
                                X