Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this sounds like a very interesting arc for Danial but only if they follow it through and not just "change" him back after a short while and not mention it ever again.
    The priors looked scary but that was it for me, it was all on the surface and now adding Daniel as a prior will open them up and add alot more depth to them. What a HUGE spoiler though that has been made public!
    ......TARA......

Comment

Jaw dropping, heart wenching! Why Daniel, I can understand that he is the most intelligent, when it comes to understanding ancient stuff, but why Daniel?

I hate the whole Ori arc story thing, so this just sums it up, they are using Daniels character, to keep people watching! Sorry guys, I am disappointed with the writers, and I only hope we get over all this Prior / Ori stuff by the end of season 10, or season 11 will never happen.

JMHO

Comment

I don't like the Ori or the idea of Daniel becoming a prior. I don't want it to be permanent, and I just really don't like the idea at all. It's a bold move, I'll say that. But I can't see Daniel as a prior! I can't! I'm hoping that if it has to happen, he will be undercover and the effects temporary. I don't want to lose Daniel to the darkside. It will make me very sad. I think I'm actually dreading this episode...
        Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 05 June 2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

its scary he can manipulate jack to do things he wouldnt, and now that is with the ori...
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
            I completely agree with you on how surprising it is that the studios let slip such a huge spoiler.
            What spoiler? We don't know how Daniel became a Prior. We don't know why he became a Prior. We don't know how long this will last. We can't tell when in the season this episode will take place. And (this was one of my immediate questions to myself) is it really Daniel? For now, it looks like TPTB just wanted to tease, not spoil. Based upon this "spoiler", this story could go anywhere. Ooooh, I'm excited.

So, unfortunately, I stopped reading the Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten. Any Ideas?? thread very early. But now reading through it, some people have already thought of this potential storyline in early February. Interesting. And since the gateworld ep guide really doesn't have a production notes section on this episode right now, I went over to http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co..._Episode_Guide. I am even more excited now. This really could be it.
            No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
            (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I really belong in the anti-10 thread, but I have to say that this does peak my interest. I have mostly positive feelings about this.

One of the writers did say that they wouldn't be harming the character of Daniel Jackson at all, so that gives me hope that they won't do anything too stupid with him. But then, I haven't liked Daniel in seasons 7-9, so any dramatic turn is probably going to be a good thing for me.

I think I'm most interested to see how this relates to the ascended Ancients and Daniel's time as an ascended being. Maybe the Ancients really are galactic "a"-holes and Daniel's wised up to that. But, probably, he's either been forced into it by Adria or is doing it as part of some covert op.

This could be good. I hope it's resolved well. (OOH. What if they do something stupid and have Prior Daniel kill Jack in the finale?! GRRR.)
              Jewel Staite Thunker | Secondary Women of SGA Thunker
              Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show and I should really just relax."

Comment

Im really not liking this arc for Daniel...becoming a prior?!!! that doesnt make sense atall, unless hes like possessed or brainwashed; it would havfe worked better if the alterans had ascended him...i dont know, this just doesnt seem like its a good idea to me

Im sure it will be cool but its got to be done right...him just becoming evil!! unless its like an Ori clone or him thats introduced, adria wanted her 'father' so created a replica of him and he became a prior, that would be cool, daniel having to fight a dark more powerfull version of himself.

but wow that got me going for a second...its interesting!!! to say the least!
                Last edited by immhotep; 06 June 2006, 01:23 AM.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's absolutely been knocked for six on this one!
                  I read it like ten minutes ago and still in shock.
                  I'd like to see where they go with this I really would, it'd add another dimension to Daniel's character.
                  Just woah....unexpected, and I'm actually impressed they came up with an idea that can knock me totally for six! Something that I wouldn't have expected.

uh yeah thats my 2p

OMG they prior danny!

Zelenka for regular Season 3!! More Lorne!!! Whumping and Thunking my way along! I'll be in the bar! sig thanks to crazybitchqueen on LJ

Comment

Woohoo! So my assertion a few months back that Daniel was going to turn traitor, go dark side and turn into a Sith Lord is coming to fruition? Well cool
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by erinanderson
                      I completely agree with you on how surprising it is that the studios let slip such a huge spoiler. I also had to pick my jaw up off the floor after reading that. I am heartily intrigued and am currently looking forward the most to this episode (not that I wasn't looking forward to all of season 10 to begin with). I cannot wait to see how this all turns out and hope I am not disappointed. Haven't been so far....
                      I believe it was done on purpose to generate the generally positive buzz I'm seeing. Call it a "tactical" spoiler.

Comment

Holy Crap...thats all I can say

After seeing the Bounty spoilers which looked pretty cacky...I wasn't expecting something like this

Good going writers Hope you can pull it off

Comment

I was shocked when I read this, I had an idea this might be the way it went after hearing rumors, but IMO, even if its to go undercover I don't think Daniel would go against everything he said and believes from prev eps just to make a point, or show that the ori are wrong. I can see it being done against his will. It also can explain him not being around for a few eps. I just hope he doesn't stay that way, and if by chance he ends up dying because of this, and it's the final season, it would be a really crappy ending for his character.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

I wonder if it's tied into his time aboard an Orii ship during the first episodes of the season.

Comment

Maybe the Alterrans are making their own priors now...*shrug*

Should be interesting, whatever happens.

Comment

this thread has 31 people view it, its a record! but i think if daniel became the ascendeds prior after a contraversial ark of him ascending! then that would be brilliant! His softcore origin, could not be origin atall but instead the alteran version of origin, undermining the actual origin within this galaxy by converting origin followers from the ori version of origin, to a new, alteran version of origin...
                                that could be a great intervening by the alterans...
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X