Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on SG-1's 'The Shroud' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think Adria will have something to do with it. The Ori know who Daniel is so maybe they are using him and his greatest assest to convert people, which is Daniel's ability to use words to convey or sway people in thier direction. I am also so hoping they do not...do not...do not set up an attraction thing between Daniel and Adria,(instead of a ship between him and Vala) once she grows up. Although it would be an easy way for her too turn him into a prior. That would just be awful.

Thanks Suekay for the sig!
    http://www.fanfiction.net/~gatergina71

Comment

Just adding the thought that it actually make sense that the Ori would do this - however they do it. Daniel is the closest thing we have to an expert on the Ancients/Ori in our galaxy - he's a natural target and the SGC is blind if they don't see it.

Comment

Problem is the Ori Priors have a built in failsafe - if they turn against the Ori, they get immolated in a pillar of flame (remember Gerak). If Daniel is a Prior for real it would be rather hard to get him back, and even if they do they will need some way of de-Priorising him or immobilising the failsafe.

Hmm ...

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
          Those are really good points.. and I completely agree with you in that I do NOT want the show to end with Daniel being evil. That would be a really disappointing ending and hopefully the writers realizes it. Like in Quantum Leap.. fans of the show will know what I'm refering to :/

I like the fact that this is an arc within an arc. Despite certain missgivings voiced by some, I have really high hopes for this episode.

I know exactly what you're refering to with Quantum Leap. Grr.

The thing I wonder is, what do tptb see this story as. Is the whole point to be, woo-hoo! Shocking! Daniel is evil! and that's it. Then, they just have a few episodes where he fights the rest of SG1 and then it's over and they forget all about it. Or, is it more what it means for Daniel to be evil. I mean, this goes against everything Daniel believes in, so if he's not undercover what does it take to make him do that, and again, how will he feel once he's himself again?

Why, oh, why, couldn't this have happened while they were fighting the Goa'uld? I'd be dancing in the street.

Originally posted by Wraith Scientist
          Problem is the Ori Priors have a built in failsafe - if they turn against the Ori, they get immolated in a pillar of flame (remember Gerak). If Daniel is a Prior for real it would be rather hard to get him back, and even if they do they will need some way of de-Priorising him or immobilising the failsafe.
          Well, maybe the Alterans help and they can counter the whole pillar of flame thing. Or, maybe by this time, SG1 has found some technology or something that counters it.
          Last edited by Dani347; 06 June 2006, 11:00 AM.
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Another good point posted by someone on the net: Add to the list of ways of Daniel dying: Bursting into flame. Maybe it's just me, but that amused me so much I nearly burst out laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginalynn71
              I also think Adria will have something to do with it. The Ori know who Daniel is so maybe they are using him and his greatest assest to convert people, which is Daniel's ability to use words to convey or sway people in thier direction. I am also so hoping they do not...do not...do not set up an attraction thing between Daniel and Adria,(instead of a ship between him and Vala) once she grows up. Although it would be an easy way for her too turn him into a prior. That would just be awful.

Okay, you people are scaring me. First, I get the idea of most of the second half having Daniel all nasty looking and spouting that stuff that I hate, then that he might not even be back (I mean as Daniel in body and soul) this season, and now I've got the idea of ship in my head.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

I think the only reason why they didn't take this avenue at the height of the battle with the Gou'ald is the Tok'ra always had a way of removing the symbiote from a person.

This may take 1/2 episodes to figure out how to reverse it. If they can.

ETA: More drama that way. But I still would have wanted it in the early seasons too.
                Last edited by LaCroix; 06 June 2006, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                  GateWorld has uncovered the astonishing first plot details on "The Shroud," an upcoming episode of Stargate SG-1! Beware of smack-you-in-the-face cool spoilers ...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...1isthesh.shtml
                  Holy s***! How does this happen?

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

This is a bit scary, I don't like the idea of turning Daniel evil again
                    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      I think the only reason why they didn't take this avenue at the height of the battle with the Gou'ald is the Tok'ra always had a way of removing the symbiote from a person.

This may take 1/2 episodes to figure out how to reverse it. If they can.

ETA: More drama that way. But I still would have wanted it in the early seasons too.

That's what I mean about is this just about him turning evil or the emotional fallout. If Daniel had become a Goa'uld and went around doing evil things for awhile before the Tok'ra caught up to him, he'd still have all those memories of what he had been made to do. It shouldn't just be about if thye can fix him, there's no point. Removing the symbiote wouldn't have removed the emotional fallout. And, that's what would be the draw for me. What happens after he's no longer a prior. Cause the whole white haired, white eyed, spouting messages thing isn't my cup of tea. Daniel pale and shaking afterwards, stunned and disgusted, thinking, "What have I done?" is what I want. With comfort.

And, if Joe can be believed, they aren't going to irreparably damage Daniel. Daniel staying a prior for good can't be anything but irreparable damage.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                        That spoiler was one of the most boring reads. Your typical Oreo episode blah blah blah. The “Bounty” episode spoilers were having more appeal UNTIL...........that last line.
                        I know what you mean. I read the first couple lines and figured that it was just you typical Ori episode until the very last line.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                          That's what I mean about is this just about him turning evil or the emotional fallout. If Daniel had become a Goa'uld and went around doing evil things for awhile before the Tok'ra caught up to him, he'd still have all those memories of what he had been made to do. It shouldn't just be about if thye can fix him, there's no point. Removing the symbiote wouldn't have removed the emotional fallout. And, that's what would be the draw for me. What happens after he's no longer a prior. Cause the whole white haired, white eyed, spouting messages thing isn't my cup of tea. Daniel pale and shaking afterwards, stunned and disgusted, thinking, "What have I done?" is what I want. With comfort.

And, if Joe can be believed, they aren't going to irreparably damage Daniel. Daniel staying a prior for good can't be anything but irreparable damage.
                          I also am realy only looking forward to the afterwards. "Daniel pale and shaking afterwards, stunned and disgusted, thinking, 'What have I done'?" is also what I would love to see. I'm not going to enjoy him looking like that. I don't want him to evil forever, and be irrepairably damaged. Gosh, I agree with you on the fact that I hope to God Joe can be trusted. He'd better be his old self, though of course with a good deal of emotional fallout and needed a lot of comfort, and he'd better looked like his old self too. No weird physical lasting effects, like Ford on Atlantis. If they do something like that with Daniel I'm telling you people, I'm gonna kick somebody's butt.

When billions vanish, including one of SG-1's own, the team looks for answers. What they find changes their lives forever, and throws them into the battle of the ages. What happens when SG-1 stands in the way of the most evil enemy they will ever face?
                          Read "Left Behind: SG-1" for excitement like never before in Stargate fanfiction!
                          Left Behind: SG-1
                          The rest of my fic: http://www.fanfiction.net/~startrekfreak

Comment

I don't watch Atlantis. What did they do to Ford?

Eep! More worries. What if in fixing him, they do give him superpowers and permanent 20/20 vision? Then, it's war, baby. Me against tptb. Deathmatch!

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                              I don't watch Atlantis. What did they do to Ford?
                              Before

After

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                I for one sure hope he eventually will get back to normal. Don't give me wrong, I'd like to see this arc play out for awhile, but definitely not permanently.
                                If it was not his own doing, maybe he'll be able to have some kind of mental link with the ascended ancients in our galaxy and tell them that he didn't want to be priorized. They could always change him back to the way he was.

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X