Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best weapon against the Ori is some coppertone.

Comment

Well presumably the 302s are still equipped with hyperdrive generators - just micro-jump through the shields like they did before, drop a nuke and jump away again. Job done.
      Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Ask?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

We need some of those Tollan phase-shift bombs.

Comment

the ori are ascended. have all the knowledge of the universe. this isnt any ordinary shield tech. ascended beings can change the very nature of our galaxy. im sure they could come up with a shield that never weakens. maybe like the beachhead shield that draws extra power from the weapons fired at it... but as a backup takes power from zero point energy.

maybe the glowy thing in the middle of the toilet bowl is a micro universe powering each ship. who knows., fact is the writers will have to get very "sci-fi" to find a way of beating them.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
              The best weapon against the Ori is some coppertone.
              I disagree. It would be a huge toilet plunger.

Comment

Originally posted by npattis
                I disagree. It would be a huge toilet plunger.
                Or one really smelly ass.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

Why not do the same thing SG1 did when they faced of with Anubis' big old mother ship. I mean cant they use the hyperdrive on an f302 to jump in with a good old fashioned Mark 8 and blow the ship to smitherins...

Comment

Originally posted by albitros
                    Why not do the same thing SG1 did when they faced of with Anubis' big old mother ship. I mean cant they use the hyperdrive on an f302 to jump in with a good old fashioned Mark 8 and blow the ship to smitherins...
                    I don't think TPTB want too many episodes to be similar. I don't think they could fit a Mk 8 on an f302. Perhaps they could have several 302's make hyperspace jumps and then wreak havoc on the ships hull.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

I have no doubt we'll eventually find a weakness in the Ori ships' shields. But in the meantime, boy are we going to continue to get our collective butts kicked.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have the feeling the ORI's shields are the first who can withstand drone fire...maybe not indefinately but at least for some time, that would be awesome, because that will be the first time that ancient tech is worthless.

AND THAT WOULD BRING SOMETHING NEW TO THE SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

peace...
                        They are experimenting on us again

Click here for video file with sound

Comment

i reckon if we throw sausages at them that will get through their shields good old sausages....they havnt failed me yet

Comment

I think an interesting strategy would be to bring some Puddle Jumpers on board the odyssey. Have the ship exit hyperspace right outside the Orii's sensor range. Then fly in the Puddle Jumpers cloaked. When they get close enough, uncloak and fire a volley of drones at one ship. See if that one explodes, if not run, if it does rapidly keep on changing formation until the rest are destroyed.

Comment

I think they should use the hyper-drive trick again
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                                I think an interesting strategy would be to bring some Puddle Jumpers on board the odyssey. Have the ship exit hyperspace right outside the Orii's sensor range. Then fly in the Puddle Jumpers cloaked. When they get close enough, uncloak and fire a volley of drones at one ship. See if that one explodes, if not run, if it does rapidly keep on changing formation until the rest are destroyed.
                                They'd probably be able to detect cloaked ships. Remember in Redemption anubis had no problem detecting a teltak.

Best Stargate quote:
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X