Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one thing the TPTB are telling us that people (U.S Military) are stupid in the SG universe. If you could take a sarcophagus from the Goa'uld, you wouldn't need to kill of characters. One time in a Sarcophagus isn't going to hurt you,(Daniel and Jack it might).

IF they do kill Bra'tak do it honorably, do not let him die by a cheap shot
    For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
      Death happens, it's a fact. Did I say I was happy they killed off the characters? The thing is that they did, and having characters die doesn't have to be a bad thing, assuming we get some fall out from it.

I don't hate it when characters die, it doesn't mean I want them too, just means it doesn't bother me too greatly. But in the end, people watch for different reason and expect different things.
      Never said you were happy. Just don't agree that death is a good way of humanizing characters. And, yes, death happens, but things can't happen on tv just because they happen in life. Fiction is much (or should be) more rigid than life. The whole truth is stranger than fiction thing. Even with the most fantastic things (Stargates, aliens) fiction needs to follow a set of rules. A character dies? There should be a good reason within the context of the show. And, if they have a death of a character that is well known, there should be a fallout and it should effect the other characters in a significant way. When they decide to off a character, I think there should be more to it than, "we need something dramatic, or we need some character development" Ask why this particular character should die. Or, possibly if an actor wants out, a death could allow for a good send off (Lucy Knight's death on ER was one of the last really good episodes of that show -and the fall out and repercussions continued after the episode).

And, I'm not saying that people can't watch for a whole bunch of reasons or that death has to bother anyone. I'm just answering as to why I feel a lot of deaths on this show aren't necessary, and are, to me, lazy writing.
      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
        Kawalsky, Sha're, Martouf, the entire Tollan people, Elliot, the entire Abydonnian people, Fraiser, about half of the Asguard civilization, Pendergast, and Chekov are the major ones who've bit the dust so far. There have been millions of other casualties in the show.
        EDIT: Oh, damn! And how could I forget - Jacob/Selmak.
        Kawalsky was probably planned to die from the beginning. Elliot was in three episodes, so hardly counts as significant.
        While Sha're was important in terms of story, she was hardly a significant character in the show. She couldn't have been in much more than three episodes, either. The Tollan weren't really in it that much either, and that kind of served a purpose in showing how much ass Anubis could kick.
        I don't think there's any more than five really significant characters who have died.

By the way, has Teal'c ever died?

Comment

Pentergast was the capt. of a ship they wanted to prove could be distroyed; Jacob died to cut our last ties with the Tok'ra and Janet died to prove that the SGC isn't invunerable.

Whether or not you like the fact they died is another matter entirely to whether ot not their deaths served the plot or a purpose.
          Actually, Janet died because the writers thought that was the final season for the show. You need to backtrack on interviews

However, this past tv season should have the MOST character development of any the way they're slaughtering characters left and right on virtually every tv show (well, scripted dramas, at least).

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
            ARE YOU NUTS???? Kill off Bra'tac??? Why??? He's a great character. You don't need to kill off a character for plot development. And prion, what on earth are you thinking - kill off Jack???? Oh no no no no that just can not ever happen! I think the worst thing they did was to kill off Janet and Jacob/Selmak, so to even contemplate killing off Bra'tac (or Jack) would be a BIG, HUGE, MEGA MISTAKE!!!!! Anyway,I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?
            Oh heck, Jack's died before But heck, if folks think that death moves along a show, then heck, why not snuff Jack? Think of the angst, the revenge, the motivation! Not that it will ever happen permanently, but they could assume he's dead. Happens all the time in scifi....

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
              By the way, has Teal'c ever died?
              In 'The Nox'. They all died. Plus, I think Apophis had killed him before he stuck him in a sarcophagus and brainwashed him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by John-a-holic
                KILL JACK ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JACK IS GOOD!!!!!
                Yeah Like he said are you crazy ?

As for Bra'tac N.O. I do not wish that Bra'tac is being killed. If there is one way for Bra'tac to be written out I hope it is being done by an heroic act or that he ascends !!!!
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  In 'The Nox'. They all died. Plus, I think Apophis had killed him before he stuck him in a sarcophagus and brainwashed him.
                  I thought that in 'The Nox', one of the Nox made Teal'c invisible just before Apophis or someone shot him. Haven't watched it in a while though.
                  Exodus/Enemies is kind of ambiguous - he looked alive when he got dragged in front of Apophis, and was making little noisesm but who knows what happened between then and the brainwashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak
                    I thought that in 'The Nox', one of the Nox made Teal'c invisible just before Apophis or someone shot him. Haven't watched it in a while though.
                    You are correct. Teal'c did not die in The Nox; he was in fact saved mere seconds before he would have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                      A character dies? There should be a good reason within the context of the show. And, if they have a death of a character that is well known, there should be a fallout and it should effect the other characters in a significant way. When they decide to off a character, I think there should be more to it than, "we need something dramatic, or we need some character development" Ask why this particular character should die. Or, possibly if an actor wants out, a death could allow for a good send off
                      All this I totally agree with. The death should be fitting and exacting and mean something - and yes they should be meantioned after they have died, that does annoy me when it doesn't happen.

I freely admit, when I said that the death made them all human, I actually meant mortal. Wrong turn of phrase and the whole meaning is changed. I do agree with you. The death has to serve a purpose, a long reaching purpose.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

The death has to serve a purpose, a long reaching purpose.
                        Especially if said death involves Bra'tac. I don't want him to go, but if TPTB were to go that route, I'd want his death to really mean something. His character is way too important for it not to.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It really would need a purpose, which is why I still think if they were entertaining the idea of his death at any point, it would've been best in the Reckoning 2-parter if ever.

Comment

All this I totally agree with. The death should be fitting and exacting and mean something - and yes they should be meantioned after they have died, that does annoy me when it doesn't happen.

I freely admit, when I said that the death made them all human, I actually meant mortal. Wrong turn of phrase and the whole meaning is changed. I do agree with you. The death has to serve a purpose, a long reaching purpose.

Okay, mortal makes more sense.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Spoiler:
                              im sure a bunch of them are gonna be killed in the 200th episode(i think it is 200), when zombies take over teh sgc or sumtin. i know the guy from conan o'brien is gonna get cut=(....in the conan special it showed him die

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

Bra'tac is the greatest of all Jaffa.... and my favorite character!! Don't even suggest killing him off for any reason, no matter how good

Ace
                                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X