This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    Yeah, I'd be disappointed and probably fuming mad. Bra'tac deserves no less.
    For a few moments I thought they were going to kill Bra'tac in Lost City with that unheard of Jaffa and had heart failure because of it. After all that he has done and brought out in the show, if they tried to do one of the 'oops you just die from old age or get killed by a no one death' I would scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
      For a few moments I thought they were going to kill Bra'tac in Lost City with that unheard of Jaffa and had heart failure because of it. After all that he has done and brought out in the show, if they tried to do one of the 'oops you just die from old age or get killed by a no one death' I would scream.
      Oh, I totally know what you mean. A fitting death for someone like him, to me anyways, would involve him taking out one or two Ori ships with a Ha'tak by ramming them. Or something along those lines.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Monarch
        No way Bra'tac is awesome and just all around a badass character!

Hell give him and Hammond of Texas thier own show. I don't know what it would be about but don't care really either. All I know is that I'd watch it.
        Spoilers for the third Stargate series:
        Spoiler:
        Bra'tac and Hammond move to New York, and start a small private detective agency from an office above a bookshop. Their original plan was to investigate mysterious alien influences on earth, however when a horrific and unusual murder investigation leads them to believe that a high ranking government offical may in fact be an unknown alien, they realise that Earth may be in danger from a threat already on the planet. An enemy which has existed on Earth since before the human race or the ancients even existed...

Comment

If Bra'tec dies, I would want it to be after the show has ended in a Movie, but It would have to be him going to Kheb and ascending. That's the only way I want him to die. That's the ultimate acheivement in Jaffa society and Bra'tec deserves it.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
            If Bra'tec dies, I would want it to be after the show has ended in a Movie, but It would have to be him going to Kheb and ascending. That's the only way I want him to die. That's the ultimate acheivement in Jaffa society and Bra'tec deserves it.
            I'd be all for Bra'tac ascending. I do agree, he does deserve it.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
              Either way... if Bra'tac were to die, I'd be as sad as I was when Jacob/Sel'mac died... intergral character... an old friend...

I still miss Jacob

Mattathias
              I concur!

Comment

[QUOTE=prion]I'm pretty much tired of the writers trying to boost ratings by snuffing out key characters every year. QUOTE]

Agreed.

Besides, Bratac has a little left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                  That's good. That would definately work if they killed him off. Then maybe he could come back and visit.

Comment

[QUOTE=HirogenGater]
                    Originally posted by prion
                    I'm pretty much tired of the writers trying to boost ratings by snuffing out key characters every year. QUOTE]

Agreed.

Besides, Bratac has a little left in him.
                    Yup, he definitely does. I just wonder what's going on with tv this year. It's been particularly bloodthirsty in bumping off fictional characters. I mean, sheesh, don't we get enough of that dismalness in the news?

Comment

Bra'tac meet wood, short for woodchipper.

Comment

Vala should die this season, hope so anyway, Bra'tac should play it the end and lead the jaffa counsel, carter could die, that would be sad and i wouldnt mind as much or General Landry he could die then his daughter could join sg1, woulda been better if Jack had stayed in comand anyways.

yeah so anyway Bra'tac should'nt die!!!!

SAVE STARGATE!!!!!! http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/index.html

http://strifetv.proboards101.com/

Comment

Would've made more sense for Bra'tac to die in the Reckoning/Threads arc rather than Jacob, at least in my opinion. Falling in the climactic confrontation with the Goa'uld, where he actually, COULD die free. At this point though I can't see any legitimate reason to off the character, we've already lost way too many these past few seasons.

Wrong terminology, Red Shirt is what you're looking for.
                          Or in the case of the SG universe, Russians.

Comment

No to Bra'tac dying. Becoming the leader of the Jaffa could also lead to character development--his own especially since the character would still be around to develop.

I agree we've lost way too many good/great characters already. Heck, there are characters that I became attached to in one episode, and then they never appeared again.

IMO, killing characters off just means you can't think of anything to write about them, and that doesn't lead to character development--it just leads to a lot of dead characters who (as in Frasier, Jacob, Martouf, Narim, etc) still had a lot of life, and stories, left in them.
                            "With all due respect, sir"......we're all due some respect.

Comment

Yes, but just because a character has a lot of stories to them alive, doesn't mean we they should live on because theur death can serve the plot.
                              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

ARE YOU NUTS???? Kill off Bra'tac??? Why??? He's a great character. You don't need to kill off a character for plot development. And prion, what on earth are you thinking - kill off Jack???? Oh no no no no that just can not ever happen! I think the worst thing they did was to kill off Janet and Jacob/Selmak, so to even contemplate killing off Bra'tac (or Jack) would be a BIG, HUGE, MEGA MISTAKE!!!!! Anyway,I'm sorry but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X