Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard in the past have made it quite clear who they will deal with, and usually it's Jack... So I doubt they will give technology to anyone on Earth who would ask for it.
    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
      The Asgard in the past have made it quite clear who they will deal with, and usually it's Jack... So I doubt they will give technology to anyone on Earth who would ask for it.
      So while Earth is being nuked by the Ori only the US ships will be able to "fight" them. That makes a lot of sense. I think our allies would love that notion of not shareing tech that would help save Earth. You have to remember that we have a United Earth Nations thingy to help defend earth and you can't have that when the US is hogging all the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Davis
        You have to remember that we have a United Earth Nations thingy to help defend earth and you can't have that when the US is hogging all the good stuff.
        No we don't, we have a flawed International Oversight Commitee, but we have no clear alliance... The US hasn't shared military technology, with the exception of the Russians, with anyone else.

Add to that no one else has to ability to contact our allies, and our allies will only trust those people that they know.

Hell, the allies Earth have are essentianlly only US allies, because they are who brokered the treaties...
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

No we don't, we have a flawed International Oversight Commitee, but we have no clear alliance... The US hasn't shared military technology, with the exception of the Russians, with anyone else.

Add to that no one else has to ability to contact our allies, and our allies will only trust those people that they know.

Hell, the allies Earth have are essentianlly only US allies, because they are who brokered the treaties...
          So the US ships should be the only ones being able to hold off the Ori????

Comment

So the US ships should be the only ones being able to hold off the Ori????
            I don't believe I said that at all. I said that the allies of the SGC are very unlikely to share tech with anyone else on the planet, thus meaning they wouldn't have the technology... That is something that is likely fact, and has nothing to do with whether or not I believe the US should be the only ones defending the planet.

It's just the nature of the tenuous diplomatic relations between the countries, and the treaties that the US hold with their offworld allies.

Comment

I don't believe I said that at all. I said that the allies of the SGC are very unlikely to share tech with anyone else on the planet, thus meaning they wouldn't have the technology... That is something that is likely fact, and has nothing to do with whether or not I believe the US should be the only ones defending the planet.

It's just the nature of the tenuous diplomatic relations between the countries, and the treaties that the US hold with their offworld allies.
              NVM. I don't want to get into a flame war.

Comment

NVM. I don't want to get into a flame war.
                Huh? There's an impending flame war? Where?

Seriously, we are discussing something - and disagreeing to a point... but that does not mean that it's going to result in flamage.

Comment

When it deals with world politics anything can happen.

Comment

When it deals with world politics anything can happen.
                    Sure, real world politics. This is not the real world, this is the Stargate Universe... They can be, and should be seperated.

Comment

Well better safe then sorry.

Comment

Well better safe then sorry.
                        Let me be clear, are you saying we cannot discuss the nature of the Stargate Universe and their allies because it may desend into a flame war, even though there is no evidence of it going that way?

Because I really am confused if so, why you even posted on this topic at all.

Comment

Look, it's 4am where I am. Can we not do this now.

Comment

Look, it's 4am where I am. Can we not do this now.
                            Time in irrelevent if you are posting... but that being said we don't have to go into anything, I am just curious as to why you suddenly decided you couldn't discuss this. It doesn't seem to make any sense because it is possible for people to seperate reality from fiction... And you started the line of questioning on the alliances of Earth.

But hey, sometimes curiosity it never answered.

Comment

Ok..... It would be damn stupid it the US didn't give out alien tech to our allies in this time during the Ori conflict.

Comment

Ok..... It would be damn stupid it the US didn't give out alien tech to our allies in this time during the Ori conflict.
                                I agree, but it also could be dangerous to give the tech, because it could put Earth in further danger. I only say this because I don't believe the Chinese have any idea the dangers that are out there, and are more then likely to use the tech for their own political gain.

Comment

Working...
                                X