Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know it was the Korolev for two reasons.
    1) The spoilers have included the Odyyseus in Season 10 episodes, and the premiere states 'survivors of the Korolev.'

2) It's the Russians, they constantly get boned in the SG universe.

Comment

I still say we aren't 100% sure on what ship was distroyed - but that all depends on how much stock that you put into Spoilers; to be honest spoilers aren't always 100% correct.

I'll happily wait and watch.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

But I think this will come back to hurt the Russians. They may try to get another one and be rebuffed, "You blew up the last one we gave you!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiniHerc
          I sense that the russians might try to pull the whole "your americans screwed up making it, because your oddysey withstood an ori shot and wasn't destroyed but ours was by the same thing, so somehow it's your fault (because we're arrogant pricks)".

Just an instinct based on what i've seen them do in the past.

i doubt there will be a political opposition over the destruction of the Krolev, afterall, the Ori are a formidable oposition and we have already lost a ship to them in episode 15, suggesting that the Krolev was just unlucky and it could have happened to the oddydey. nonetheless, the krolev was destroyed by the simultenous beam of two ori ships, which i doubt the asguard thenselves would have survuved.

in justification of your theory, i do think that Russia would vissit SGC in the aftermath of Camelot, but only to plead for another ship and donate more funsding to the programe.
          some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Without the Asgard, i don't even think Earth would be capable of making any sort of sheild at all. Even if the Russians do blame the Asgard, what are they gonna do, write a threatening e-mail?
            im in support of your argument, earth is weak without the asguard, thus making our alliance one we have to keep at all cost, and since Asguard opinion about the running of the SGC have carried weight in the past im sure if they suggest that the alliance will be more effective without russia,the USA will undoubtedly adhere and dismiss russia.

doctor who

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
              Are we even sure it was the Korlev that got distroyed?

All we saw was a ship blow up - the Odessey and the Korlev are the same make and thus look a like. It's just as likely it was the former as it was the later.
              God i hope it is the korlev that blew up,we cannot afford to lose our last line of defence (Oddysey)

doctor who

Comment

Originally posted by lvlister2005
                Frankly both ships has sg-1 members on them, which one got destroyed?, what happened to the sg-1 members? in season 10 we will find out.
                im sure they all got out just like Carter did in episode 15 when the prometheus was destroyed

doctor who

Comment

Well "Ethon" was a little different, the ship was destroyed by 3 Hits (i think) in a matter of hours, and they were not in active Battle, neither did they have shields. And before the last hit, Pentergast ordered to abandon ship.
                  The 304 in Camelt for that matter was in active Battle and probably hit just when they were trying to do some move.

What i am saying: Prometheus crew knew 10 minutes or so before the hit, they were gona be destroyed, the 304 that got destroyed was destroyed "out of the blue" you could say.

Comment

Well, that and....

in Ethon, they had somewhere to beam to. IN the battle at the supergate, the planet was destroyed to create the black hole...

Comment

Right

And even if it was the Korolev that was destroyed, and Chekov managed to beam some people out, it has to be mentioned that they evacuated Prometheus in groups, not all at a time.
                      However the reason for that could be Power requirements..

But for the place to beam to..
                      Odyssey had a lack of power, in the end i think, could it be that shields were down too, or the Korolev kinda knew their "shield frequency" ala Star Trek so they could beam through?

However, this questions only stand if the Korolev was destroyed..

Comment

Personelly I am hoping that it was odyssey that is destroyed, their so much potental in story line of the korlev being earth only ship base full time in milkyway galexy and the only one able to come to the sg1 rescue. Which I am guess will not be the case because the ship will probably be use by the russians to make sure they have a perminate present in the galexy and probably be bussy building thier own of world mining facilities and transporting the ore back to earth. Also it could really cause tention if it were to turn out that the russian are willing to work with any one including the lucian alliance with out US knowlege and that perhaps they are gaining more vessels by trading with lucian alliance, I am pritty sure that would not go down to well with the US, JAFFA

Comment

I would like to see this happen:

The russians demand another ship. The U.S says, "No, were not spending another $4 Billion on a Deep Space Carrier only to turn it over to you guys." The russians demand the stargate back, however, we only give them the stargate. No gate addresses, no dialing program, nada. If they do manage to Macgyver a way to get offworld, the U.S. will start using their dhd's from 'Off the Grid'. The russians threaten to make the stargate program public. The U.S. allows Russia to go through the U.S. gate to acquire resources in order to build ships. However, the Russians must find a different planet to mine their naquadah and trinium from. Then they have the plans so they can build their own ships. The U.S. just allows access to the gate. That way, the russians can use their own money to build their own ships instead of just demanding ships the U.S. builds as they come off the production line.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

We have a commomn threat now, That can bring people togather, and it may be time to make the program public
                            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

The gates from "Off the Grid" were returned to their original plantes afaik.

The Possibility of Russia trading with Lucian Alliance, i think they are smarter than that, by the way considering that Lucian Alliance is considered an Allie in s10.

Russia didnt just say give us the ship, it was on loan, for afaik more money a year, the US put in one 304. But what i could imagine having Russia do is like flying to uninhabited worlds, acquiring Stargates, and e.g. selling them to China oder Germany

By the Way, considering 200th ep plot.. public is far from happening

Comment

doesn't matter. they can change detail during production so your 10 month old spoilers are null and void

Comment

Working...
                                X