Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still dunno if the Wraith did that all on their own. For all we know they may have gotten help from the Asurans.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Excellion_razor
      Don't forget that the Wraith made the Acients tuck thier tails and run back to the MW galaxy. If the Wraith do face off against one of the Ori ships and are easily defeated, then the Ancient ship Orion or of that class have no chance against Ori class ships. The Wraith are the ones that damaged the Orion. I would like to think that the Wraith should be able to put up a fight against the Ori. If they don't, it doesn't look like any ship of Ancient origin that SG-1 finds in the MW or elsewhere would be of much help (if they do find one or even a hundred). I know that the Ancients in the Pegasus galaxy lost the war primarily due to the Wraiths overall #'s, but in one of the SGA episodes it does state that never bfr had the Ancients encountered a race with technology that rivaled their own. Even if the Wraith Hives don't have shields, they must be able to take a couple of blasts from an Ancient war vessel, or the Lantians shld have eaisly have defeated them, regardless of #'s. I do believe that the Wraiths will make it to the MW, however I think the key to stopping them is not the Ori. I believe that the info that the wraith gave to us will be made to work against them. Mckay and the asgard (Lomi or Hermes was his name O me thinks) will develope a counter measure to the Wraiths jamming technology and transmit the data back to Earth, or the Daedalus will race home and beat the Wraith back to Earth and finish them off with two mark-10 gatebuster nukes. Thoughts?

Well the Hologram said "Powers that rivaled thier own". I think it was talking about the Wraiths ability to drain the lifeforce from living beings. In Lost City O'neill uses the healing power of the Ancients to save Bra'tac's life.
      In that way The Wraiths powers is the equal and the opposite of the Ancients.

The Ancients had much better tech but they where very few and The Wraith overwhelmed them by sheer numbers. Think of it this way. The Ancients are a Lion and The Wraith are ants. In a one on one battle the Lion can win with no effort but if the Lion is faced with 500,000 ants the Lion will fight and kill many ants but sooner or later that ants will wear the lion down and take him out no matter how big or strong the lion is.

Comment

We know the Wraith won, but we don't know how many losses they took.

I would be willing to bet they are merely a shadow of their former selves, they cant even repair their own ships anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
          We still dunno if the Wraith did that all on their own. For all we know they may have gotten help from the Asurans.
          That is actually a very good point. We don't know much about the war between the Ancients and the Wraith to tell whether the Wraith did it all by themselves. We also don't know much about the Wraith, either...
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General

Who are the Asurans?
            Spoiler:
            Are they the new threat to Atlantis in season 3?

Comment

Who are the Asurans?
              Spoiler:
              Are they the new threat to Atlantis in season 3?
              It would appear so.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Monarch
                Well the Hologram said "Powers that rivaled thier own". I think it was talking about the Wraiths ability to drain the lifeforce from living beings. In Lost City O'neill uses the healing power of the Ancients to save Bra'tac's life.
                In that way The Wraiths powers is the equal and the opposite of the Ancients.

The Ancients had much better tech but they where very few and The Wraith overwhelmed them by sheer numbers. Think of it this way. The Ancients are a Lion and The Wraith are ants. In a one on one battle the Lion can win with no effort but if the Lion is faced with 500,000 ants the Lion will fight and kill many ants but sooner or later that ants will wear the lion down and take him out no matter how big or strong the lion is.

That very well may be true. The lion vs. the ants is a good analogy. I still feel that the wraith shld be able to put up a better fight against the Ori than the MW species have to this point. And shields aside, the Wraith ships still have to have some sort of defense, or the Ancients would blast the hive ships to pieces very easily. The Wraiths must of had hundreds if not thousands of hives/other battle ships, or the Ancients had very few war class ships (which cld be the case). However, the Ancients shld have been able to build a fleet rather quickly with their level of tech if that is the case. At this point I think we have been told there are around 60 hive ships. That is not a rather large number by any means. If there were indeed hundreds if not thousands of Wraith ships, the Ancients gave them a hell of a fight, or someone else did after the Ancients left. It will be intresting to see how the writers reveal details of the past war between the Wraith/Ancients in future episodes. If the Ori and Wraith due clash the writers have a challange ahead of them in making sure that the ancients are not made to look like weak fools. They have little choice but to make the Wraith at least take a few shots from the Ori beam weapon bfr bowing out. I however don't see the current Wraith weapons penetrating the Ori shields with only two ships. That is if only two ships arrive.

Comment

That very well may be true. The lion vs. the ants is a good analogy. I still feel that the wraith shld be able to put up a better fight against the Ori than the MW species have to this point. And shields aside, the Wraith ships still have to have some sort of defense, or the Ancients would blast the hive ships to pieces very easily. The Wraiths must of had hundreds if not thousands of hives/other battle ships, or the Ancients had very few war class ships (which cld be the case). However, the Ancients shld have been able to build a fleet rather quickly with their level of tech if that is the case. At this point I think we have been told there are around 60 hive ships. That is not a rather large number by any means. If there were indeed hundreds if not thousands of Wraith ships, the Ancients gave them a hell of a fight, or someone else did after the Ancients left. It will be intresting to see how the writers reveal details of the past war between the Wraith/Ancients in future episodes. If the Ori and Wraith due clash the writers have a challange ahead of them in making sure that the ancients are not made to look like weak fools. They have little choice but to make the Wraith at least take a few shots from the Ori beam weapon bfr bowing out. I however don't see the current Wraith weapons penetrating the Ori shields with only two ships. That is if only two ships arrive.

I agree! The story of the war has not been told so all we can to is guess as to what happened.

The low-end tech of the Wraith is a mystery. No shields is a big disadvantage and one only overcome if The Wraith had hundreds of times more ships then The Ancients to use as canon fodder.

Maybe The Wraith won the war but it cost them dearly for that victory and now they have been brought down to only 60 ships where in the past they had many more.

Comment

Who knows. The Wraith organic armour technology could perhaps take more hits then normal as shield technology isnt the ultimate defensive mechanism (ori are an exception) I mean a few drones took out a ha'tak ship which i think is a lot larger then a wraith cruiser which took a hit but survived.

Also on Asurans:
                    Spoiler:
                    They appear in season three's Progency episode and those interested can read the spoilers, they are the new enemy against the Atlantis expedition.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                      Who knows. The Wraith organic armour technology could perhaps take more hits then normal as shield technology isnt the ultimate defensive mechanism (ori are an exception) I mean a few drones took out a ha'tak ship which i think is a lot larger then a wraith cruiser which took a hit but survived.

Also on Asurans:
                      Spoiler:
                      They appear in season three's Progency episode and those interested can read the spoilers, they are the new enemy against the Atlantis expedition.
                      Ya,who knows the Wraith organic armor may provide the ability to absorb and re-channel energy based weapon blasts that may enhance their own weapons. Another possibility is that the armor may provide a dampening field that negates or diminishes any energy based weapons. We have yet to see that Wraith ships in a conflict with energy based weapons, being that the daedalus only has rail guns and icbm nukes. Just an idea.

Comment

the wraith have no chance at all against the ori, sure they have numbers...ish, but lets consider this, we mustered the largest fleet we could and couldnt destroy 1 ship, that IMO is why the wraith dont have a chance. the asgard, tokra, jaffa, tauri and lucian allience..the coalition of the most warlike and stragetic minds in the galaxy couldnt defeat 1 ship, let alone 4...if the ori come to us were screwed if they go to atlantis the wraith should run as fast as their puny hyperdrives can go.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

well those anyone considere tha if the wraith those make it to are galaxy and start feading human worlds under ori control the ship ori arrive and destroy the wraith ships BUT the ori would like to no were those ships came from and they discover is came from pegasus and decide to send the prior there if this happens it will cause a whole new trouble in the pegasus galaxie i no tbp whole never do tha but it just a fought..

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                            the wraith have no chance at all against the ori, sure they have numbers...ish, but lets consider this, we mustered the largest fleet we could and couldnt destroy 1 ship, that IMO is why the wraith dont have a chance. the asgard, tokra, jaffa, tauri and lucian allience..the coalition of the most warlike and stragetic minds in the galaxy couldnt defeat 1 ship, let alone 4...if the ori come to us were screwed if they go to atlantis the wraith should run as fast as their puny hyperdrives can go.

Don't forget the Wraith did pretty well against the Ancients with their numbers. If the Wraith did decide to come w/a significant force they cld put up a pretty good fight. I still feel they wld be defeated in the end. I think the tech on the Ori ships is post ascention. In the end I think the difference between the Ancients and the Ori is that the Ori will send what it takes to make their enemies bow bfr them. I don't think the Ancient Lantians were as commited to the Pegasus galaxy as the Ori are to the MW.

Oh, and the fleet that the MW races formed was pretty weak minus the one O'neill class Asgard ship. The Wraith would have no problems taking on the Gould ships. The Asgard ship, as well as the Asgard shields on the Earth ships wld be the only challenge that the MW spp could muster at this point.

Comment

yes the wraith did wel agaisnt the ancients...due to numbers!
                              HELLO there are 6 billion humans just on earth, potentiall trillions of jaffa and human in our galaxy, and the same in the ori galaxy...numbers isnt a tactic the wraith can use in our galaxy they could wraithify the entire PG and then move them all in to our galaxy, the entire population and still be outnumbers 10:1.
                              also i dont think the wraith have that great a change against any ship in the MW, earth,asgard, goauld or orii, we all have shields and energy weapons that rival, outdo or can hold out against them, if the wraith come they will be anihalated pure and simple, it wont even be a great fight. Same unfirtunatly for the ori, just were on the losing side.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

yeah, i like very much to see a battle between ORI and Wraith.
                                "then to Tyolus: say to the people of the low plains, seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors lest it find purchase in your own house." Book of Origin

Comment

Working...
                                X