No announcement yet.

Would a Nox fight an Ori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason the nox left in season 3 is that they weren't expecting the show to continue this long. They were trying to kill off all the allies by season 6 sending the secret weapon (Carter aka the Black Widow of Stargate) for the feature film. I do believe that the Nox would actually fight the Orii. The reason being that the Orii aren't simple creatures like we are and the Orii SPECIFICALLY Try to poison peoples minds. That was the major problem the Nox had with SG-1 is they thought they were trying to poison their childrens minds with weapons and violence. These two qualities are prevelent in the Orii. I think that they would be forced to (however unwilling) join forces with The Asgard, Humans, Goa'uld, Lucian Alliance, and the Jaffa to protect their way of life.

Comment

nox are probaly not acended...so proabley no
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Anime signature in spoiler tag
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I have a feeling if the Nox contributed anything to the "War effort" it would be in the form of some kind of technology to disable the Ori vessels.

I do think that even if the priors commanding the ships were aware of the Nox, they wouldn't be ordered to attack them. Why attack a race with technology on par with the Ancients when you will get nothing out of it? Even a small effort like help with defensive tech or disabling Ori vessels probably wouldn't happen unless the Nox were threatened - and as someone said previously they are more likely to simply bury their heads in the sand and cloak their planet.

The Nox might possibly assist in some way if the Asgard were threatened, as they are official allies.

Comment

WERE official allies. The current status of the alliance is unknown. Nor do we know the exact nature of it either. It may have been an alliance for cultural and scientific exchange more than military in nature.

I still don't think the Nox would fight. More likely they would refuse to fight and SG1 wouuld show up and save the day (with a little indirect help from the Nox).

Comment

For one thing, the Nox wouldn't be able to fight an ascended being. For another, they might. Remember "The Nox"? That city had space ships and whatnot.

It looked ultra-advanced to me. I doubt they'd advance to that level and throw away all of their weapons. The Nox believe in every creature's right to an existance (as long as it doesn't violate another creature's free will and rights to live).

For this reason, they would fight the Ori (or at least try to cloak us all XD).

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos18
              i wonder why a prior has not visited a nox planet yet?

i know they have there stargate buried but still now as they have there ships in our home galaxy well now the ori can visit the nox.
              the nox are hidden!!!
              SciFi Since 07.27.97

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                For one thing, the Nox wouldn't be able to fight an ascended being. For another, they might. Remember "The Nox"? That city had space ships and whatnot.

It looked ultra-advanced to me. I doubt they'd advance to that level and throw away all of their weapons. The Nox believe in every creature's right to an existance (as long as it doesn't violate another creature's free will and rights to live).

For this reason, they would fight the Ori (or at least try to cloak us all XD).
                That's a good idea, figure out a way to cloak every planet that has a stargate, then the Ori give up and go home

Comment

Any of you know that all humans are not all alike, some are evil, some are good. Like Loki is villian asgard. There should be some evil Nox who will to fight for pleasure. Angry and killing people for harming the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by mysternut
                    Any of you know that all humans are not all alike, some are evil, some are good. Like Loki is villian asgard. There should be some evil Nox who will to fight for pleasure. Angry and killing people for harming the environment.
                    Loki wasn't a villain. He just had dubious morals. He tried to solve his race's cloning program by abducting people for a few days and replacing them with clones and then returning them.

No physical harm was done upon his victims nor was it intended. He just needed to study our physiology and experiment with cloning.

I'm not saying it was the right thing to do. I'm not saying it wasn't either. I'm just saying: He wasn't a villain.

Comment

I believe the Nox would try not to fight but would defend them selves, I would think they would concentrate more on shields and invisibility.. but if they had to launch an offensive i think they would do it rather then let there race die.
                      Matthew
                      Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

I would be interested to know if the Nox will ever be revisited. It seems as though they fell away as a race/ally around season4/5.

It would stand to reason that they would be a very high priority for destruction for the Ori; one of the four Great Races that were a part of that alliance, one of two to known to have survived. Very old, very knowledgable, technologically and spiritually adept, immensely powerful in their own way.

I would be intrigued to know just how a crusader force of Ori followers would be able to handle themselves against the Nox, if the Nox would fight at all if there was little alternative than their death as a race etc. It would be interesting... I'm sure the Nox have fought before, long in their past, but over the aeons that has been entirely bled from their culture so they might not even if not doing so would mean their annihilation.

If I was an Ori leader or general, I'd be looking at isolating/destroying the Asgard and Nox presence in the 'invasion zone' - MWG - as soon as I could!

Capt

Comment

Same here. Also if I was a ori general my first targets would be some of the older races that sg1 have met over the years , like the water alien that abducted doctor daniel jackson. the giant alien, who daniel jackson grandad is living with right now and then the aliens which could make our people disappear with a wave of a hand and also the foothold aliens, they seemed quite advance, and defferently the aschen would be amoung the first races that I would choose to wipe out because if they were to join force they could prontentially thraeten their conquest if they were all to unite togeather and along with the nox and the asguard and is a threat any general would not let hang around to long to deal with.even before dealing with the gould and the jaffa nation, as the ori force have already prove they can take care of these fairly easy and would not exactly keep me awake at night, if i was the ori leader.

Comment

the nox would own a prior

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                              The Nox are PACIFISTS they would not fight and if they did fight it would only be by using their enemies powers againast them. A bit like Aikido
                              I don't think we can say that for all Nox. We only met like five of them who live in the woods. The rest live in theirs flying city which suggested that they are probably not pacifists. Plus, I am sure that the Nox are not just on one planet. They probably have an entire galaxy of their own and only a few of them live on the one planet in our galaxy.

Comment

the nox would own a proir but i think they just cant be bothered!!!

what interested me was clearly the Nox are like us aswell, physically they look human as did the ancients doesnt that mean the Nox can ascend?
                                Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X