Would a Nox fight an Ori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only if they couldn't run, I'd bet.

The reason they didn't care about Apophis is because they knew the Goa'uld were no match for their defensive technology. I have a feeling, that if they were pressed into a corner, they'd fight.

Comment

I think the Nox have a SIGNIFICANT ability to fight. I think they're all such extreme pacifists as a result of a racial trauma when they were earlier. Most likely at some point they got into a fight. Maybe someone was threatening and they launched an all-out assault back at them. The assault was so overwhelming that it just completely wiped out the entire race, they had just committed genocide. After that they determined never to fight again and laid their weapons aside. But somewhere, probably well hidden, those weapons or at least the plans for them still exist.

Now whether they'd ever break down and use them, even under the threat of annihilation is another question.

You also have to wonder, what would happen if the prior unleashed a plague upon the Nox. Would they be able to cure it?

Comment

Will they fight? Nope
        Would they stand in defence to protect someone and not lift a weapon? Yes
        Would they die trying to protect someone? Yes
        Would they actively hurt another? No
        Will they assist someone in hurting another? No.

It's what they believe in, and they would rather die then give up their beliefs.
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

The Nox remind me of the french for some reason......

Comment

i wonder why a prior has not visited a nox planet yet?

i know they have there stargate buried but still now as they have there ships in our home galaxy well now the ori can visit the nox.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil
              Will they fight? Nope
              Would they stand in defence to protect someone and not lift a weapon? Yes
              Would they die trying to protect someone? Yes
              Would they actively hurt another? No
              Will they assist someone in hurting another? No.

It's what they believe in, and they would rather die then give up their beliefs.
              Actually you are wronge thier because we have already seen the nox assist in hurting some one. They hid the tollan ion cannon from cronas sensors, which then enable teal'c to fire it and destroy his ship and thrush hurting a lot of jaff, after all getting blown does hurt.

Will they fight I have to believe that they would fight, as I do not believe they were always pacifist and also seeing your people and family getting killed can force any one to fight even if it against their nature. I also think it would make a good episode to see the nox and asguard join forces, after all we have been told of this great alliance we have not herd the asguard mention the ancients or the nox and let just leave the furlins alone.

Comment

Originally posted by edain
                The Nox remind me of the french for some reason......
                Because they are complete opposites? The Nox don't puff up their chests and babble on about how superior they are because they don't have to. The French, however, do have to pump themselves up in order to convince themselves they are still a relative power in today's world.

(I know what you are saying, I just wanted to put a differnt spin on it)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Even if the Ori did visit the nox planet - it's highly likely they would just be invisible until they left. Extraordinary circumstances led to SG1 / Apohis seeing them and I doubt they would make that mistake again. - I guess it's possible they could know about the Nox from when they were in Daniels head early in season 9.

Comment

the nox's wouldn't hurt fly IMO i don't think that we are ever going to see them again
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

The thing is, even though Lya hide the ion cannon, she still did not have an active part in using it, she just hid it. And that's the thing, it's compartmentalising the act of violence and the threat of violence.

They will protect people, but they will never use anything in their arsonel to do so. You see, as was said in The Nox, they don't know that the people who follow the Ori don't want to follow the Ori.

Where as in Pretense Lya knew that the Goa'uld were planning to attack them, and thus used a passive means to protect the Tollan.
                      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                        I think the Nox have a SIGNIFICANT ability to fight. I think they're all such extreme pacifists as a result of a racial trauma when they were earlier. Most likely at some point they got into a fight. Maybe someone was threatening and they launched an all-out assault back at them. The assault was so overwhelming that it just completely wiped out the entire race, they had just committed genocide. After that they determined never to fight again and laid their weapons aside. But somewhere, probably well hidden, those weapons or at least the plans for them still exist.

Now whether they'd ever break down and use them, even under the threat of annihilation is another question.

You also have to wonder, what would happen if the prior unleashed a plague upon the Nox. Would they be able to cure it?
                        See also that Origin is specifically targetted at *humans.* The Nox aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                          See also that Origin is specifically targetted at *humans.* The Nox aren't.
                          That too. But it doesn't mean that the Orii might not decide to off the Nox as a potential threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Den Sethos
                            Or using something like reflecting shields. Attack them and you will get the full force of your own attack back into your teeth. Not a pleasant way to go...
                            Im suprised that no race that theyve talked about in stargate had any shields like that. That would certaintly make it easier to win

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                              the nox's wouldn't hurt fly IMO i don't think that we are ever going to see them again
                              Yeah, we probably won't. That is, unless TPTB do something so drastic to them involving the Ori that they change their stance on non-violence.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is what I don't understand. The Nox, we haven't seen them since season three for some reason or another. While I would love to see them again I don't think we ever will. I think the writers have long since forgotten about them and don't want to confuse newer viewers by bringing them back.
                                BRING BACK THE NOX!!!!!
                                Also bring back Jack and get rid of that other guy whatever his name is.

Comment

Working...
                                X