X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    DR. JANET FRAISER
    I agree, in principle... but there's a huge problem.

What do we do with Dr. Lam? I mean... I can think of a few things to do with her..... a few things Michael Shanks has probably already thought of.... But still, it wouldn't be fair to Dr. Lam, or Lexa Doig.

Of course, if they did bring Janet back, I wouldn't complain... in fact, I'd be ..... something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Physicsmoose
      Grace aliens? sorry, must have forgotten this one.
      The mysterious alien ship from Grace.

http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

ok, season 7, grace... yeah, i dont think we really have any way of contacting those aliens, right? I mean, we dont even really know where they are if im correct?, either way, an alliance, or even bringing them back, seems very unlikely, never know though....

Comment

Well, if those Grace aliens do find their way back to the Milky Way, expect the CGI guys to shrink down the Grace-Ship that way it too will look like a fighter when flying towards an Ori warship.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

We need to bring back all races from previous seasons that can possible help us.
            Ive complied a list of possibles.

1.Nox-definately they would own with their shielding.

2.Alien from fire and water- maybe their are more of his species. He seemed pretty advanced.

3.Goa'uld- we know Baal is still out there. Anubis may come back. Possibley other goa'ulds as well.

4.Tollan- Hopefully theres a few left. Who knows.

5.The spirit aliens- they seemed sort of advanced.

6.the reetu- the "out of phase" thing could help alot.

7.Foothold aliens- they were advanced and they seemed to have military knowledge.

8.Crystal skull- they could possible help us seeing as they seemed advanced.

9.The Aschen Confederation- Definite must. Their bioweapons would help out agaisnt ori ground forces and even maybe priors.

10.The Heberdan/Serakians- THey were most definately advanced and have ships we need their help.

11.Kaloneins- We want jonas!

12.Aliens from Revisions and Life boat- They were both advanced human races, we helped out and could help defend agaisnt the ori.

13.Grace Aliens- i dont know how we will see them, but i hope they come back.

Now time for some Unlikey races but id thought id mention um anyway.

14.Lianas planet
            15.THe gamekeeper aliens-virtual reality people.
            16.Aliens that gave us the naquada generator tech.(Orban?)
            17.Aris Boch.(not really serious on this one)
            18.The breeders from teh other side.
            19.Gadmeer.
            20.Momento aliens.

O AND THE BIG 21. THe Furlings!!! Hopefully but not likely in my eyes.

All of these people are semi-advanced and hopefully at least some come back to help us fight the ori in season ten.

sigpic

Comment

We'll never see the Grace aliens again. Why? Well because in Cooper's question answer thing on Scifi.com. He basically said that that race is called the Shippers, and they were used to have an excuse for the fans to watch Sam and Jack kiss.

Comment

Seeing a lot of the same names here, some even I put out there.... but lets just go over it one more time.... there are a lot of alien civs we encountered with great tech that actually WOULD NOT be able to help us, even if they wanted to....

1) Goa'uld obviously dont have the tech to defeat the Ori, and were more likely to get ships and supplies from Jafa than the egotistical Goa'uld.

2) Tollans, awesome choice, and as much as I wanna believe otherwise, probably all dead

3) Aliens from fire and water (Oannes), defeated by Goa'uld, and if their tech couldnt handle that, no way they could help against Ori, also, only one known member of population left

4) Spirit aliens, loved them, other than confusing the Ori, prolly wont be of much help

5) Re'tu, interesting choice, one of the more viable ones, I just dont see us being able to convince them to fight another battle after the Goa'uld they have fought for an unkown amount of time are finally defeated (they wanna rest most likely, see the Ori as a not immediate threat... remember the taur'i are only about 10 years into this game, most of the other races have been at war with the Goa'uld for hundreds, if not thousands of years)

6) Grace aliens (see above post)

7) Foothold, good luck convincing them to help us fight anything, also, more of a filler episode, less likely to come back IMO

8) Crystal skull, again, we have absolutely no idea about these guys, for all we know, there may only be one of them, and outside of making us see them by pumping us full of radiation, and the ability to teleport one person between two specific planets, they have little tech available (we learned teleport from the asgard, and I always thought Nick's teleport to the other world back in the day was more mental projection, kind like what we see on Asgard protected planets (when jack meets with the asgard high council in "red sky?"), the ability to teleport between planets literally instantaneously seems impossible in the stargate universe, at least for corporeal beings, even gate travel takes time, be it milliseconds, its not instant)

9) Kalenons? (Jonas' people), other than the naquadria bomb, whats the point of allying with a waring world thats not even at our level of tech. The only one who knows anything among them is Jonas, and I dont think we have to question whether or not he would help the taur'i, i think he likes us more than his own people... PS bring jonas back

10) Lifeboat aliens, not all that advanced, hadnt even masted hyperspace travel, prolly about where we are, theyre ship seems like something earth could come up with in a matter of years facing immanent destruction

11) Revisions aliens, basically tech-less, none have any idea how to operate anything, only possibilty is going back to their dead poisonous planet in order to study the depleted energy source, not worth it, have enough to study with ZPMs

12) The breeders, possibly of some help, again, look at Jonas' people

13) Gadmeer, see my previous post

14) Herbedian, good call, most likely to be of help

15) Aschen, also good call, if we can get them to realize even their planet's are at stake, and we really cant trust them.. also, ethical questions of dealing with such a race (though no more than dealing with the goa'uld)

16) Nox, IMO our best bet.... lest we can find the Furlings

ALso, you struck on a good point with Boch's people, with the Goa'uld now basically dead/in withdrawl from planets/ very weekened, they are going to need some way of procuring their drug, or at least an alternative, they have at least goa'uld tech (though not going to beat the Ori at least better than what we have now) and are good warriors.

Comment

Murchie again, ok i agree with most of the last post especially the chrystal skull in fact thats what i said at the start of the thread towards the chrystal skull transportation being more of a mental element such as the power of the ori as well. Um yes we do know little about them but consider this the planet where nick was transported to was inside a giant super PYRAMID! and the skull was found on EARTH not just of world (there were two) but the point is that there in it lies the connection to ancient egypt its why i keep trying to link these beings and the goa'uld.

The spirits- yes i think there is great scope there whoever said they could only confuse the goa'uld are far from wrong remember what they did to the humans and before Daniel stopped them they were going to destroy earth so there lies immense power, i get the funny feeling they will be re used because if you think about it, there powers are more consistant with that of accended beings, possibly that they are rebelious accended beings they might of even be condemned to that planet such as the accended being in season one of atlantis the chick that shepard tries his luck with.... its possible.

Oh and my favourite not the furlings or the nox but the..... replicators id love to see the Ori deal with them but in saying that if the acient knowlege has the key to beating em so should the Ori... but there had to be some left in the Orila galaxy mabey they got more advanced!

Comment

This is responding to the last post.
                    I actually think we have a chance for the replicators because in the end of season 4 sg-1 finds themselves in an unknown galaxy and the replicators are there. This may be the asguard galaxy Ida or not. If it is then they are gone, but if it was another galaxy theres a chance they could still be out there.

It would be cool to see the replicators again.

I really want to see the nox or the furlings though. It would really stink if we didnt.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annubis' hitman
                      This is responding to the last post.
                      I actually think we have a chance for the replicators because in the end of season 4 sg-1 finds themselves in an unknown galaxy and the replicators are there. This may be the asguard galaxy Ida or not. If it is then they are gone, but if it was another galaxy theres a chance they could still be out there.

It would be cool to see the replicators again.

I really want to see the nox or the furlings though. It would really stink if we didnt.
                      yeah, nox are awesome - miss them, and the furlings are long overdue an appearance, but remember the Asgard sent out a signal calling all replicators in the known universe to converge on their home world, so when they were all destroyed in Season 8, I tend to think they're gone. I think seeing them again would kinda be annoying, we already have enough enemies.

Just my opinion
                      Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Responding to Murchie,

Yeah, you know, on second thought, your probably more right about the spirits, been a while since I saw the ep, think i forgot about how strong their powers actually appeared to be, they may actually be a better bet than I previously thought. Good call.

Still somewhat apprehensive about the crystal skull aliens, though you make a good point about the link between the them and the goa'uld, I speculate (only my opinion, not really evidenced by the show) that most of these aliens who have spent the last hundreds or thousands of years at war with (or at least opposed to) the goa'uld are going to be less likely to help us in the short, again, only my opinion.

The replicators are actually a great call, if we could find someway to send them to the Ori galaxy... however, we must think again about the ethical situation here (i find stargate to be a strongly ethical show), we really want to stop the Ori, not necessarily destroy the entire galaxy. There is a resistance movement in the Ori galaxy, no matter how small, and I feel it would be a tough call to kill all the non-combatants in the galaxy, even if they are Ori believers. Do we really have a way to regulate the replicators (not sure daniel can control them unless connected to replicarter, also, he could only stop them for a minute or so if he can), so that they dont destroy every planet but only the Ori and their battleships? As much as the replicators seem like they would work, theres just too many problems.

Comment

Ok everyone is suggesting the Aschen....
                          they... are... (most probably) DEAD

The gate adresses that were given to them included a black hole (and worse) so they're either ALL DEAD or we'll never hear from them again.

I honestly cannot see why everyone is so obsessed with the Aschen. They were a lousy excuse for a villain and besides, they were just filler inbetween the Goa'uld stories, the main story arc for the first 8 seasons.

They're gone people and since these new writers dislike visiting past stories I seriously doubt we'll see them, the Nox, the Crystal Skull aliens, or the vast majority of these suggestions again. We'll probably be limited to the Jaffa, Lucian Alliance, and the occaisional Asgard and Ancient appearances.

I don't mean to be harsh or offend anyone here, but this is probably the way its going to be.

Comment

Skaara, I wanna see Skaara again even if only in flashback, or how about Thor, we haven't seen him in a while
                            "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                            "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                            Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Gadmeer, I totally forgot about them, thanks for reminding me, totally should bring them back. Problem: their planet prolly doesn't actually have any Gadmeer on it yet, meaning they prolly only have the one ship with unkown weapons . Maybe in one ep. we could take a ship, fly over there - just to see what's going on.

oh, and Furlings!
                              Long live the Asgard

Long live my buddy Thor

Comment

Guess! Because she is the one and only Stargate doc.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X