Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose most likely thing is that Chekov is no more - though I seriously, seriously hope not. I like him!

Trouble is, if the Korelev is the the ship that got splattered across the starscape background, then he could well have done a Prendergast and got as many people off the ship as possible while staying on the bridge himself to supervise what remained of the defence. And therefore is no more. Waaaaaaah!!!! (*sniffle*).

It seems a bit harsh that the leads survive but the secondary character doesn't (again); but then, isn't that one of the functions of a secondary character - to give us the grief of losing a familiar face without having to off one of the leads?

I still hope he's not dead, though. Like I said (take note TPTB):

I like Chekov!
    sigpic

Comment

maybe he Ascendes and perswade the Ancient's to help fight the Ori and give us the Technolagy so we can kill there follower's
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_5rq5DiN6o/[Ori Trailer]
      http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3435/myaniqy9.gif

Comment

I admit I've really just started watching the show ( now I have to go track down a few seasons worth of older episodes) but I like the character.
        And I'd have to say- again although I'm not that familiar with the writers habits - that he must survive.
        Having the Korelev destroyed and Daniel Jackson alone beam over (and how do they beam through shields?) would be .. very lame. And Col Mitchell was never (iirc) actually shown to have made it to the launch bay, so having him miraculously make it to the launch bay in time and Jackson miraculously beamed off the ship in time would really show a lack of creativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexxar
          I admit I've really just started watching the show ( now I have to go track down a few seasons worth of older episodes) but I like the character.
          And I'd have to say- again although I'm not that familiar with the writers habits - that he must survive.
          Having the Korelev destroyed and Daniel Jackson alone beam over (and how do they beam through shields?) would be .. very lame. And Col Mitchell was never (iirc) actually shown to have made it to the launch bay, so having him miraculously make it to the launch bay in time and Jackson miraculously beamed off the ship in time would really show a lack of creativity.
          I agree, beaming only Jackson would piss me off badly, and like you said shows a lack of creativity
          For those who want peace, prepare for war

S.P.Q.R. Senatus Populusque Romanus

Comment

Well, the Ori do have special reason to save only Daniel, I think, probably a similar special reason that they chose Vala to impregnate. but I really don't know.

I decided to make my chekov vid anyway: Chekov Tribute

It's really short, but it's going on the assumption he dies... *depresses self* Hmm... I wonder if I should post it at Kawoosh, seeing as I have no idea if this is acurrate or not?

Comment

it is possible they'd beam only daniel off because he made that little speech b4 they started attacking.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                it is possible they'd beam only daniel off because he made that little speech b4 they started attacking.
                Also, I think the Ori have a slight interest in our boy Daniel. That's just my opinion, of course.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I personally, think that Vala is responsible for saving Daniel and, quite possibly, the Korolev crew. We know she's on The ship that Tomin is in charge of, and we know that Daniel he will do most anything for her, and Daniel ends up on teh same ship, so I would say that Vala convinces him to save as many people as he can, for whatever reason.

Would be interesting to see Chekov "thank you" conversation with Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
                    Well, the Ori do have special reason to save only Daniel, I think, probably a similar special reason that they chose Vala to impregnate. but I really don't know.

I decided to make my chekov vid anyway: Chekov Tribute

It's really short, but it's going on the assumption he dies... *depresses self* Hmm... I wonder if I should post it at Kawoosh, seeing as I have no idea if this is acurrate or not?
                    Nice video.
                    sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                    Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

All we can really do is hope TPTB like our boy Chekov enough to keep him around. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

36 days and counting until the premiere of SG-1 Season 10.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it's not that difficult to find concrete proof if you look around a bit.

According to IMDB which has never been wrong to my knowledge,
                        Actor Gary Chalk does not appear in any of season 10.
                        Actor Matthew Glave (Colonel Emerson) does appear, thus confirming the destruction of the Korolev during the season 9 finale.

But this just opens a whole can of worms, THE ORI's beaming technology is RING TRANSPORTERS. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralHammond
                          it's not that difficult to find concrete proof if you look around a bit.

According to IMDB which has never been wrong to my knowledge,
                          Actor Gary Chalk does not appear in any of season 10.
                          Actor Matthew Glave (Colonel Emerson) does appear, thus confirming the destruction of the Korolev during the season 9 finale.

But this just opens a whole can of worms, THE ORI's beaming technology is RING TRANSPORTERS. Any ideas?
                          IMDB also says that Caldwell won't be in any season 3 atlantis vids, so I thought they might kill him off, but he's in a picture for "misbegotten"
                          they have since updated the listing at imdb, it's possible imdb just doesn't know yet. I'm honestly not holding out a lot of hope, which is why I made the tribute video I posted earlier, which, by the way, doesn't work anymore, so I posted it at YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yyr5GLWwLs

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralHammond

It's true that the Ori have rings. But take a look at the Ancients. They have the transporter in Atlantis which makes it very likely that the Ori have something along those lines as well, perhaps even a more advanced version.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
                              It's true that the Ori have rings. But take a look at the Ancients. They have the transporter in Atlantis which makes it very likely that the Ori have something along those lines as well, perhaps even a more advanced version.
                              Maybe they ring an escape pod on board.

Best Stargate quote:
                              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                              Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                                Maybe they ring an escape pod on board.
                                You know they really ring a giant pen of doom aboard forcing everyone to run for the F-302's.

Comment

Working...
                                X