Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Controversial Daniel Arc For Season Ten." Any Ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
    SKYONE January 30th - I am counting the days
    Lucky you.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Most of the people who read the spoiler know that
      Spoiler:
      Daniel disappear after ep Quest II ,and later SG1 will be shock to find out ,Daniel got turn into a Prior

Spoiler and spec

I think they can save Daniel ,because in SGA episode "The Toa of Rodney"
      Spoiler:
      Another DNA machine was find in Atlantis, McKay got enhanced by it to the advance point of near Ascension or death, but they find a way to reverse it ,by using his old DNA record as reference point

So i speculate that SG1 somhow convince Daniel to return to SGC or force Daniel to return using the anti-Prior weapon.
      Use Anubis 's DNA machine and Daniel old blood sample over the yr.Reverse the Ori's alteration on Daniel.

So i don't expect a grey hair pale face Daniel for the rest of the season

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Lucky you.
        Yeah but there are ways! Still it will be a great ep.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
          Most of the people who read the spoiler know that
          Spoiler:
          Daniel disappear after ep Quest II ,and later SG1 will be shock to find out ,Daniel got turn into a Prior

Spoiler and spec

I think they can save Daniel ,because in SGA episode "The Toa of Rodney"
          Spoiler:
          Another DNA machine was find in Atlantis, McKay got enhanced by it to the advance point of near Ascension or death, but they find a way to reverse it ,by using his old DNA record as reference point

So i speculate that SG1 somhow convince Daniel to return to SGC or force Daniel to return using the anti-Prior weapon.
          Use Anubis 's DNA machine and Daniel old blood sample over the yr.Reverse the Ori's alteration on Daniel.

So i don't expect a grey hair pale face Daniel for the rest of the season
          Interesting - In the "preview to season 10" Martin Gero says soemthing in the spirit of season 10 gasking questions, answering them, asking more questinos, answering them, "gives you an answer you don't even think you need and then asks the question". I've been thinking this might be in this direction, but so far there had been no mention of a device that could turn Danmiel back from priorhood...

Memento Mori spoilers
          Spoiler:
          of course, my other assumption about that quote is that it refers to the "key to infinte treasure" they mention in MM
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            Interesting - In the "preview to season 10" Martin Gero says soemthing in the spirit of season 10 gasking questions, answering them, asking more questinos, answering them, "gives you an answer you don't even think you need and then asks the question". I've been thinking this might be in this direction, but so far there had been no mention of a device that could turn Danmiel back from priorhood...

Memento Mori spoilers
            Spoiler:
            of course, my other assumption about that quote is that it refers to the "key to infinte treasure" they mention in MM
            That's true,however I'm glad they havent revealed much about that. I lovee spoilers but regarding this, I want to be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              That's true,however I'm glad they havent revealed much about that. I lovee spoilers but regarding this, I want to be surprised.
              I know what you mean. However, I won't be able to avoid any future spoilers that do come out about it.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I know what you mean. However, I won't be able to avoid any future spoilers that do come out about it.
                Neither will I. Still I think we've heard all we are going to about this untill it airs in the UK. I will need some extreme intervention to not read posts on it after it airs!

Comment

First of all, I think that this is going to take place in a dream, or on another plane of existence, not in real time and space.

Second, I think that the Ori are going to tempt Daniel with promises of great power, that he can use to do good. Daniel used to be an Ancient, but he wasn't allowed to use his powers to help his friends. The Ori will tell Daniel that he will get special powers that he can use to help people. Since Daniel wants to help people, this could conceivably be attractive to him.

But remember, Daniel used to be an Ancient, and he turned his back on all that and went back to being human again, "to fight for humanity any way I can." So will Daniel think that he can use the Ori power to "fight for humanity" or will he decide that the only way he can really fight for humanity is by being human?

And what is Adria going to think of all this? She clearly values the power of the Ori and seems to think that she is limited by being "flesh and blood." What is she going to make of a man who turned his back on ascension and chose to live out his life as a mortal among other mortals? Could she come to consider that there is something special about being human that the Ori don't share? Could she come to value the human side of her heritage?

Right now, Adria's only connection to the rest of humanity is her mother. She loves her mother, even though she's frustrated about not being able to convert her. And Vala loves her daughter, although she's horrified by what her offspring has become.

What would Adria be without her super powers? A little girl who wants her mother? A young woman ready to learn about the joy and pain of being human? Someone capable of giving love and receiving it?

Is it possible that Adria could become human, after all?

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                    First of all, I think that this is going to take place in a dream, or on another plane of existence, not in real time and space.

Second, I think that the Ori are going to tempt Daniel with promises of great power, that he can use to do good. Daniel used to be an Ancient, but he wasn't allowed to use his powers to help his friends. The Ori will tell Daniel that he will get special powers that he can use to help people. Since Daniel wants to help people, this could conceivably be attractive to him.

But remember, Daniel used to be an Ancient, and he turned his back on all that and went back to being human again, "to fight for humanity any way I can." So will Daniel think that he can use the Ori power to "fight for humanity" or will he decide that the only way he can really fight for humanity is by being human?

And what is Adria going to think of all this? She clearly values the power of the Ori and seems to think that she is limited by being "flesh and blood." What is she going to make of a man who turned his back on ascension and chose to live out his life as a mortal among other mortals? Could she come to consider that there is something special about being human that the Ori don't share? Could she come to value the human side of her heritage?

Right now, Adria's only connection to the rest of humanity is her mother. She loves her mother, even though she's frustrated about not being able to convert her. And Vala loves her daughter, although she's horrified by what her offspring has become.

What would Adria be without her super powers? A little girl who wants her mother? A young woman ready to learn about the joy and pain of being human? Someone capable of giving love and receiving it?

Is it possible that Adria could become human, after all?
                    Another dream ep, seriously doubt it. I think it will indeed be real and have extreme consequences.

Comment

Another dream ep, seriously doubt it. I think it will indeed be real and have extreme consequences.
                      I think so too. Besides, Michael Shanks' interview with IGN sure indicated it will have ramifications.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think so too. Besides, Michael Shanks' interview with IGN sure indicated it will have ramifications.
                        Yeah I remember that interview. I can't imagine it not having ramifications.

Comment

Yeah I remember that interview. I can't imagine it not having ramifications.
                          Good. I'd prefer that, anyway.

I just don't see how it's possible.

Comment

Good. I'd prefer that, anyway.

I just don't see how it's possible.
                            Why not? Daniel is being turned into a Prior most likely by Adria. It obviously affects him but not in the way she intends ie. the soft sell aproach. So however we turn him back I imagine there will still be ramifications from whatever he did as a Prior. Mabey even ramifications from the Ancients.

Comment

Why not?
                              Because Joe Malozzi said that a person cannot be made a prior against his will.

And Daniel capitulating to the Ori is literally unbelievable.

He's already told them that he won't kill innocent people in their name. Why would he commit fraud in their name?

Orlin has already said that the Ori never ascend their worshippers. They just suck up the energy provided by worship and use it for their own ends. The worshipper dies without having made any real spiritual progress because he or she was busy feeding the Ori need for power instead of actually investigating the mysteries of the universe for themselves. Why would Daniel be party to such a fraud?

I can't think of any reason why he would, of his own free will. Could there be blackmail involved, or a hostage situation as there was in Affinity?

Comment

Because Joe Malozzi said that a person cannot be made a prior against his will.

And Daniel capitulating to the Ori is literally unbelievable.

He's already told them that he won't kill innocent people in their name. Why would he commit fraud in their name?

Orlin has already said that the Ori never ascend their worshippers. They just suck up the energy provided by worship and use it for their own ends. The worshipper dies without having made any real spiritual progress because he or she was busy feeding the Ori need for power instead of actually investigating the mysteries of the universe for themselves. Why would Daniel be party to such a fraud?

I can't think of any reason why he would, of his own free will. Could there be blackmail involved, or a hostage situation as there was in Affinity?
                                I see it as blackmail. Remember so far we know that Adria can
                                Spoiler:
                                make herself look like someone else as we saw in quest so is it possible that she uses her powers to appear as someone else to trick Daniel into becoming a Prior?

Comment

Working...
                                X